The Nissan Club banner

$100 amp choices

45K views 322 replies 14 participants last post by  12Altima2.5s 
#1 ·
I need a highs and mids amp and this is what i narrowed it down to for the $$ not going any higher than $100. I will pushing 4-6" subs and 4 tweets. If i can get at least 10 people to chime in which they would choose I will pick that amp and buy today. I am leaning more toward the RF because I had 2 punch 45 and a punch 60 back in the day and never had one single issue. BUTT! RE audio is "US AMPS" and you already know from back in the day there was no better.

CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 Guidelines <-----------
Number of Channels: 4
Rated Power
(RMS Continuous Power): 50 Watts x 4 @ 4-Ohm
75 Watts x 4 @ 2-Ohm
150 Watts x 2 @ 4-Ohm Bridged
Total Power
(Sum of Rated Power): 300 Watts RMS
Dynamic Power
(PVC/PowerCube® Measurement): 76 Watts x 4 @ 4-Ohms 0° Res
100 Watts x 4 @ 2-Ohms 0° Res
Bridgeable: Yes
Efficiency (average): 69% @ 4-Ohm
Crossover Controls: Front Channels
High-Pass/Low-Pass (HP/LP): 50-250Hz @ 12dB/octave Butterworth

Rear Channels
High-Pass/Low-Pass (HP/LP): 50-250Hz @ 12dB/octave Butterworth
Tone Controls: Front Channels
Punch Bass: 0dB/+6dB/+12dB @ 45Hz

Rear Channels
Punch Bass: 0dB/+6dB/+12dB @ 45Hz

Function works when crossover in (LP) position

DTX 750.4 (4CH / Class-AB)
Class AB, 4-Channel Full Range, MOSFET Power Amplifier
SKU #: DTX 750.4
Class: AB
Channel: 4 CH
Dynamic Power: 750 W
RMS Power (4Ω@14.4V): 60 W x 4
RMS Power (2Ω@14.4V): 80 W x 4
RMS Bridged Power (4Ω): 160 W x 2
THD: <0.02 %
SN Ration: 100 dB
Frequency Response: 10 Hz ~ 50 KHz
Crossover Frequency(Low Pass): 50 ~ 250 Hz
Crossover Frequency(High Pass): 50 ~ 250 Hz
Damping Factor: 180
Bass Boost Control: 0 ~ 12 dB
Input Sensitivity: 0.2 ~ 6 V
Heatsink Size(WxLxH) [inches]: 8.66 x 13.43 x 1.97
Heatsink Size(WxLxH) [mm] : 219.96 x 341.12 x 50.04
Fuse Rating: 40 A x 1

See less See more
#4 ·
Whoa!! t-400 now thats playing with precision and power. Cheap route for me 4 AUDIOPIPE TSAR6 and 4 Audiopipe ATX145 and RF300 amp. For subs I am sold for the moment with earthquake subzero subs or SA-12's.

#5 ·
idk but alpine makes great budget amps imo

#6 ·
the usual sundwon Audio 12's are great and can easily handle a lot more than rated power. I've read countless reviews where 2 SA-12's are powered by amps with 1800+ rms amps on a daily basis. Some guys have burped them with 3k rms watts, but then that was only for sound competitions and where they actually had easily $200 to blow!!

The SA Nightshade is what I've been keeping my eye on!! :D

#8 ·
Thanks for all the input I am building this thing slowly but surely. So far got 50sq of fatmat partially installed.

I got all these subs free to test how much they could handle HAHAHHA only the hollywood sound
lasted and is still going. The hifonics $19 subs blew in about 2 days and i was being nice. My boy claims that he has 2 15" subs (dont know the brand but i will post them) can handle my pa3000 at max hahaha he bet me $50.

#9 ·
I will be purchasing a new sub or subs on NOV 1. If i can get sum input on these choices. I was attempting for the first time in my life to have matching components but when it comes down to it sometimes that is not always best for the $$$. $212 T2D4

$219 RE SXX

$194 SA-12

$217 (for 2)
I know these are the el cheapo of the bunch but i have had my pa3000 for about 8ish+ years without one single issue or hiccup so i am biased to PA.

#11 ·
have you thought about adding a carpet like material on top of the fatmat sound deadening?? Raamat has a sticky carpet like material called Ensolite that you lay on top of the Raamat to equalize the inner sound waves, so the initial Raamat takes care of the body paneling and the Ensolite takes care of the inner sound waves....sort of like more inner padding!! :D

If I were doing a dual sub setup, I'd probably go for the SA12's. For a single setup like mine, I'd go with the RF or for about $200more, get the SA Nighstade 1500 rms watt sub.

#12 ·
#13 ·
I have a pair of very nice, and inexpensive subs if you're interested I have a bunch of sets available for sale 10's mostly.

Infinity Kappa 100.9w's - some of my favorite pairs so far, $175 shipped for a pair, sound awesome and very musical.

Funkin Audio FASX10's - Very efficient and loud subs, get low, but have killer output. $150 shipped

Let me know if you're interested at all.

#14 ·
question for you techs! 1 ohm kicker 6" connected to one channel of 4 ohm will break down impedance to 2 ohms correct? So basically if i have a 4 ohm per channel (amp) and 4 subs at 1 ohm each on there own channel the amplifier will put out 2 ohm power per channel?

#16 ·
Thanks for the breakdown. Is it possible to wire 2 together to produce a 2 ohm load like in series wiring? I thought you could change what the amp see's by how you wire it?? I actually used to install but that was 25 years ago and there was nothing but 4 ohms loads and pyramid was a good brand hahahha.

#23 ·
Temporarily hooked up the frontstage amp and it sounds amazing with el cheapo walmart sony xplod 6.5 front and rear.
I can only imagine how its gonna sound with some 6" subs. I was looking at the closed back 6" subs what do you guys think vs regular speakers?

#27 ·
I remember reading that some people poked small holes on those speaker baffles for proper ventilation

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.