How does the "Immobilizer Anti-Theft System" work? - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-15-2002, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question How does the "Immobilizer Anti-Theft System" work?

Can a thief still "hotwire" the car, or does the system complete shut down if anything less than an issued key is used?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-15-2002, 04:32 PM

I guess it would depend on the thief. The security system on this car is design to deter would be thieves. The key has an electronic chip which is unique and similar to a an electronic pass key. Even if you duplicate the key, it must match the electronic pass code perfectly to allow you to start the car.
#3 Old 07-15-2002, 04:56 PM
Silent Runner

Re: How does the "Immobilizer Anti-Theft System" work?

Quote:
Originally posted by NewAltimaOwner
Can a thief still "hotwire" the car, or does the system complete shut down if anything less than an issued key is used?
It is probably good at deterring complete car theft, but a very poor security system. You can literally break every window in the vehicle and not set off the alarm, if you don't open a door. This means most everything inside and out of the car can be taken, including the wheels. After what happened to my sons SpecV, an after market security system is number one priority on any vehicle.

"You are depriving some village of an idiot."
Link to my Registry profile
#4 Old 07-15-2002, 05:14 PM
werd!

Re: Re: How does the "Immobilizer Anti-Theft System" work?

Quote:
Originally posted by edjack

It is probably good at deterring complete car theft, but a very poor security system. You can literally break every window in the vehicle and not set off the alarm, if you don't open a door. This means most everything inside and out of the car can be taken, including the wheels. After what happened to my sons SpecV, an after market security system is number one priority on any vehicle.
It dont have a shock sensor?! Damn! i wonder if 2 alarm systems would over do it? =\ how does one incoporate your existing NVIS w/ a 2nd alarm w/out having to disarm two alarms?
#5 Old 07-15-2002, 05:25 PM
Silent Runner

Re: Re: Re: How does the "Immobilizer Anti-Theft System" work?

Quote:
Originally posted by djliquidice

It dont have a shock sensor?! Damn! i wonder if 2 alarm systems would over do it? =\ how does one incoporate your existing NVIS w/ a 2nd alarm w/out having to disarm two alarms?
Most shops will sell you one that incorporates the Nissan OEM, like the one I have. Or replaces it, Like the one my son has. Either way you only have to disarm ONE. My sons is a two stage radar zone.

"You are depriving some village of an idiot."
Link to my Registry profile
#6 Old 07-15-2002, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by edjack

On my 2002 Toyota Sequioa Limited which came with the oem alarm security system. The dealer also installed a secondary security alarm system which is incorporated with the oem.
#7 Old 07-15-2002, 08:40 PM
ex-nissan owner

that was the first thing in the car after I bought it... a AUTOPAGE 750LCD system... the absolute best alarm system I have ever had... tells me whats going on, if someone has hit my glass, opened which zone (door, hood, trunk) remote start, indoor temp readings... and if it gets over a certain temp, will start my car until the temp cools down.. and does all of this and will communicate through the lcd remote as long as I am within a 1/4 mile of the car...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg i-2.jpg (16.2 KB, 470 views)

2006 Lexus GS300RWD LOADED!
2005 Nissan Murano SE
#8 Old 07-16-2002, 12:03 AM
Big Yellow Mutt

Re: How does the "Immobilizer Anti-Theft System" work?

Quote:
Originally posted by NewAltimaOwner
No, they can't hotwire the car. The programmed keys must be used.

As an aside note, in the Mazda systems I know if you insert the wrong key and try to start the car, nothing happens. Try it twice... all key programs are removed from the system and the car is dead until it's towed to a dealer and reprogrammed. I'd assume the Nissan system is similar, but I can't say for sure.

So in otherwords, if you have two Altimas, make sure you use the right keys, or have all the keys programmed into both cars!

'94 Mazda MX-5 "R" Package (Fun Car)
2002 Mazda Tribute (Boring Car)
2002 3.5 SE Sheer Silver 5 Speed (Fun Daily Beater)

#9 Old 07-16-2002, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tekie99
that was the first thing in the car after I bought it... a AUTOPAGE 750LCD system... the absolute best alarm system I have ever had... tells me whats going on, if someone has hit my glass, opened which zone (door, hood, trunk) remote start, indoor temp readings... and if it gets over a certain temp, will start my car until the temp cools down.. and does all of this and will communicate through the lcd remote as long as I am within a 1/4 mile of the car...
Can you remote start the car without an electronic key in the ignition?
#10 Old 07-16-2002, 02:53 AM
Call me Pippin

Quote:
Originally posted by SgtBaxter

No, they can't hotwire the car. The programmed keys must be used.

As an aside note, in the Mazda systems I know if you insert the wrong key and try to start the car, nothing happens. Try it twice... all key programs are removed from the system and the car is dead until it's towed to a dealer and reprogrammed. I'd assume the Nissan system is similar, but I can't say for sure.

So in otherwords, if you have two Altimas, make sure you use the right keys, or have all the keys programmed into both cars!
The Above is true. This happend to my car the day before I first picked it up. The dude the sent to get my car used the wrong key and apparently tried more than once. My car was dead for the evening and I had to pick it up the next day.
#11 Old 07-19-2002, 09:29 PM
majin sayia-jin

Quote:
That's nice, where can I get it from? I need some kind of system like that, cause I have nothing in there now can you help me...

There will come a time when you believe every thing is finished,
that will be the beginning...........
#12 Old 07-19-2002, 09:36 PM
One CrAzY Son Of A Bitch

i wanna know where i can get it too!
#13 Old 07-19-2002, 09:44 PM

i wanna learn more about aftermarket alarms that work with OEM keyfobs. other than that, i integrated my stock and aftermarket alarms with the aftermarket's fob...no problems.
Jae

Jae Kae
Remember to tell your family you love them: http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthr...threadid=27355
ThurzNite@Altimas.Net
aim: ThurzNite
1993 Altima GXE 5sp 16.3@85
*Blue Place Racing Cai*Blue NGK SparkPlug Wires*Mobile 1 Oil*Valvoline Synthetic Dot 3/4 Brake Fluid*Valvoline Synthetic 80w Gear Oil*
*Eibach ProKit Springs*Suspension Techniques RearAntiSway Bar*Ebay Front Strut Tower Bar*Random Thoughts Racing Rear Strut Tower Brace*KYB GR-2 Struts*
*Custom Tan Leather*Custom Avital Phoenix2 Alarm*SolarGuard Titanium Charcoal 32% Tint all around*Bosch Windshield Wipers*Black Nissan Mudflaps*LeBra Bra*Mercury H4 110/100W 3900K Xenon White Halogen Bulb*Polarg HyperWhite Dome Light*Eclipse Dual Fog/Driving aux lamp*Nokya Blue Manual Pedal Set + Dead Pedal*Black Powered By Nissan Shoulder Pads*Black Moshi-Maro Shoulder Pads*Buncha Stuffed Animals*
*Kenwood KRC-S505 AM/FM/Tape*Sony CDX-U300RF 10cd Changer*Aura Bass Shakers*
#14 Old 07-19-2002, 10:52 PM
One CrAzY Son Of A Bitch

the AutoPage 750 LCD alarm is $500!!! i want it!

anyone know where i can get for A LOT less than retail?
#15 Old 07-20-2002, 02:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
my buddy got a similar alarm for 600 installed....he knows it works cause one night some dudes were trying to pull the door handle and the little remote showed him.he ran out side and they took off......nice alarm.i like how it has a mile range and same on the remote start!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Technical and Specific Interest Nissan Discussion > Car Audio / Multimedia / iCE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode