Help with a Pioneer deck - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-25-2001, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Help with a Pioneer deck

On my way to work today I got some weird shit from my deck.. I am wondering if anyone else has heard of this and what might be going on..

Basically, when I started the car I ejected the cd that was in there and I put in a different one.. I got a whining sound (soft not loud) from it and no response from the deck.. after a few seconds (20 - 30) the display changed from blank to "ERROR-10".

I was wtf?? So I eject the CD (which was a copy) and then I put a store-bought CD thinking that had something to do with the problem.. I heard the same whining sound but after a few seconds the CD started playing...

So I ejected that CD and put in the copied CD again and it played just fine...

I have not had any problems with the deck before.. it's a little over 2 years old.. it's a Pioneer Premier (DEH-3000??? I can't remember the exact model number right now)

Any thoughts on what this ERROR-10 is..?

Also.. do you know if you need to get decks recalibrated..?? I know that home DVD players should be taken in every so often for recalibration/cleaning...

Thanks for the help
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-25-2001, 06:08 PM

(Thread Starter)
well.. I did some search on the web for this problem.. the pionner service site does not give much help.. it does mention that the ERROR-10 is due to a mechanical or electrical fault.. the recommended course of action is to turn to a different source and then back to CD ...

From the sounds of it the deck is about to bite the dust.. I hope it doesn't yet since I don't have cash for another deck right now.. oh well..

In any case.. if this happened to anyone else, is there something I can do to prevent this error from reappearing??

Chris
#3 Old 09-25-2001, 07:03 PM

I have the Pioneer P-8800, the silver double din one. and my car sat for 3 weeks while I was out of the country, and when I came back, the stereo worked, and I thought nothing of it. Drove home after picking the car up with the stereo very low...I wanted to hear the car since I thought the muffler was going...it was.

So, the next day, I turn it up past 20, 40 is very loud, and it made the loudest screeching noise ever. I thought it might have messed up my speakers. So, I turn it off, wait a minute, and turn it back on. It does it again. So I hit the reset button, and it worked after that. So it works for about 10 minutes, then I turn it up a little past 20 and bam, it does it again. After that, the reset button wouldn't even fix it. So I had to pull the deck and take it to a Pioneer service center. They haven't gotten back to me, but I want to know what the hell that was. I'll post when I find out.

My buddy left a cell phone in his trunk near his sub and forgot about it. We kept hearing a weird static noise, loud enough to be a real problem. We couldn't figure out what it was, then as we were listening to it, trying to figure it out, he realized he didn't have his phone. He looked in his bag in his trunk, and it was ringing...every time it rang, it was making a really bad noise through the whole car, but only when the phone was near his sub....another weird one.
#4 Old 09-25-2001, 07:29 PM
Illest in Nebraska

Quote:
Originally posted by Peterson

My buddy left a cell phone in his trunk near his sub and forgot about it. We kept hearing a weird static noise, loud enough to be a real problem. We couldn't figure out what it was, then as we were listening to it, trying to figure it out, he realized he didn't have his phone. He looked in his bag in his trunk, and it was ringing...every time it rang, it was making a really bad noise through the whole car, but only when the phone was near his sub....another weird one.
Rca's picked up the signal
#5 Old 09-25-2001, 08:34 PM
Singing Crack Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by zEk-sss

Rca's picked up the signal
Speaker wire can also pick up cel phone interference.

2001 Green GXE LE
#6 Old 09-25-2001, 09:18 PM

(Thread Starter)
your deck has a reset button?? hmm.. I have to look in my manual when I get home.. I don't remember seeing a reset button but I'll check it out nevertheless..

Anyways.. yeah.. if you can post what the shop tells you that'd be cool..

Later

Chris
#7 Old 09-27-2001, 12:55 PM

Yeah, it's a little teeny tiny button on the right side of the deck.

For what my deck costs, there should be a lot more than a little reset button!!
#8 Old 09-29-2001, 01:45 AM

I have the pioneer DEH-P7300. i don't know if i heard the same thing but i think i have heard it.. i just turned it to the radio or shut it of and turned it back on and it worked fine..... by the way if anyone wants to know it's a sweet deck it you can get it for around $285-$325

Ask any racer.........It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile...... Winnings Winning!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Technical and Specific Interest Nissan Discussion > Car Audio / Multimedia / iCE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode