Engine Idles fine, dies if gas pedal pressed - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-12-2005, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Engine Idles fine, dies if gas pedal pressed

HELP!!!! I have a 96 Altima w/ a weird problem. The engine starts up fine and runs at idle speed normally. As soon as I press the gas pedal, the engine completely DIES. I have tried everything I know to resolve this issue w/ no success:

Brand New Battery, Alternator tested at Discount Auto Parts charging perfectly, Replaced Spark Plug Wires, Cap & Rotor. Checked Spark plugs and cleaned (sanded contacts). Checked the Voltage on the MAF, all w/in correct range as per Haynes manual.

What else could it possibly be??? It is now Saturday at 3:15pm and I need my car for work by Monday morning!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-12-2005, 08:57 PM

Sometimes when I start my car then press the gas it will hesitate a bit,then go as normal with no problems but you have it worse!..Anyway if someone can help me at the same time,,I'd appreciate it a bunch!

Life starts at 220km/h
#3 Old 11-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Sitting on the wrong side

When it dies are you lightly tapping the pedal or are you really stepping on it.
#4 Old 11-12-2005, 10:37 PM

(Thread Starter)
GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I fixed it!!!! I decided to open to the fuel line to confirm fuel coming out when ignition switched to ON - CONFIRMED
Then i remove the accordion hose from the manifold to the air filter housing - checked for cracks/holes etc - NONE. opened up butterfly flap on manifold, sprayed it up w/ intake carb/choke cleaner, started up, repeated. Started again, rev the engine up to 6000 RPM and back to idle we go! Reved up again and back at idle, engine doesn't die anymore.

The intake did feel rough w/ residue before spraying it up - can it really be that bad to cause the problem I experienced???? Well, apparently so in my case! Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 1993-2001 Nissan Altima Forums > Engine Performance (1993-2001)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode