Join Date: Sep 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
How to Remove Fuel Injector on 93 GXE
I read the FAQs on the Fuel Injectors as posted by 'jserrano' and a few other posts before posting my own question.
I suspect my injector #3 is not working - the only thing I haven't done yet is the multimeter reading for resistance since I need to get a new 9V battery.
Here's what I have checked and eliminated:
1) replaced spark plugs (they were old anyway)
2) checked and cleaned up the rotor and cap - working fine
3) verified it is not the ignition wires all are getting sparks
4) unplugged each injector with engine running and #3 made no diff on idle
5) I still need to swap the injector terminal with another one to see if it is possibly something related to the wiring (hope not!!)
I was going to take out the injector to see if there was some obvious blockage - but my problem is that the injector is damn tight, I could barely rotate it - is there a trick to removing it from the fuel rail without having to remove the rail itself? Or are they supposed to be that tight?
I wonder if it is because I haven't cut out the fuel pressure by removing the fuse for the fuel pump and then trying to start the engine?
Any suggestions? A new injector is $200 CDN and I am hoping it isn't dead..I was thinking of getting one from a scrapyard - but given the age of the car, I think I may run into that issue again - what do you all recommend?