LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-10-2009, 02:47 AM
Tillman Welding

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Uprev Tuning

I will be shipping my stock ECU to Uprev tomorrow so that they can determine what ROM they will need.. They will be sending this back the same day..

My headers were supposed to be sent out Friday from Brian but I have yet to receive confirmation. The reason I mention this is because that, and a suitable intake, are the only things stopping me from taking the trip to Austin to seal the deal..

As soon as I receive the headers I will have them installed, should be done by the end of next week. Hopefully I can figure out my intake in that time frame... If anyone has any suggestions let me know..

Uprev will be ready for me by the end of the month..

This will open the door for the Altima SER guys, I am not sure what the difference is between the different Altima ECU's...

I am trying to get a friend with a 5.5 Gen. Max to come with me.. Only time will tell..

Thanks for your interest and stay tuned...

Last edited by tonedef; 08-13-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-10-2009, 03:08 AM
Still #1

05+ Altima = Maxima 04+ = 03+ 350Z
02-04 Altima = 02-03 Maxima

2011 Mazdaspeed 3 current
'03 Volkswagen Passat 1.8T sold
'08 Titan 4x2 sold
'02 Altima 5MT sold
'02 Altima 4AT sold
'96 Pathfinder 4x4 sold
'83 280ZX-T sold
#3 Old 08-10-2009, 03:13 AM
Tillman Welding

(Thread Starter)
ok, thanks... I guess they already have the RAM and just want to make sure.. I have sent them a few pictures of my ECU... I guess they just want to be certain...

05+Altima & 04+Maxima should be able to send in their ECU's to Uprev, similar to technosquare, when all is said and done...
#4 Old 08-10-2009, 03:21 AM
2 low 4 fat hoes!!!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Is this cheaper than technosquare? From what I understand its basically the same thing except for some it might be accessible via local tuning shops.

2005 ALTIMA SER 6SPEED
-ENOUGH MODS TO WHOOP YOUR ASS!!!!
-THIRD PLACE IN V6 N/A DYNO COMPETITION AT
NOPI NATIONALS 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swat1279 View Post
Tuko316, that vortec cyclone that you mentioned,ordered 2 and works great. I got great gains Thanks. Oh and your car is sharp dude.
#5 Old 08-10-2009, 03:34 AM
Tillman Welding

(Thread Starter)
u might be right...

I am not sure what the price would be for mail order tunes... Does technosquare allow u to run different maps?? With this company u can run different maps on the stock ECU and have control through the cruise control button... They told me they could also program a two step but I dont know how beneficial it would be...
#6 Old 08-10-2009, 02:00 PM
2 low 4 fat hoes!!!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nvm. Technosquare only runs one map. This should be pretty interesting. I remember a while back I mentioned they were looking for an altima to test out. Good luck hope it works out.

2005 ALTIMA SER 6SPEED
-ENOUGH MODS TO WHOOP YOUR ASS!!!!
-THIRD PLACE IN V6 N/A DYNO COMPETITION AT
NOPI NATIONALS 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swat1279 View Post
Tuko316, that vortec cyclone that you mentioned,ordered 2 and works great. I got great gains Thanks. Oh and your car is sharp dude.
#7 Old 08-10-2009, 04:30 PM

sounds good man, and if you don't mind ask to see that once they have your ecu info will any of their tuners be able to flash our cars or will they have to have one for each ecu code to be able to do a reflash....

would like to thank birdturd for the nice chop
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdgen2.5s View Post
So if you want it to look like an octopus is fu*king your engine then go for it and add 20 ground wires.
#8 Old 08-10-2009, 06:28 PM

no experience yet with the uprev, but i've been researching it and the Z guys have good things to say.

you can set up different maps and switch between them on the fly through cruise control buttons like tonedef said. they can set up a launch control (not quite sure how that works), security map (pretty much car wont start), performance of course, and a commuter map for mpg. seems pretty cool, and i think you can do an update after your initial flash via datalogs you email to uprev from the cipher they include. seems pretty cool. and like tuko said, there a few shops that are certified to tune with uprev and can dyno tune.

i think church in LA can dyno tune with osiris for like $550 for na cars (for Z's anyway), maybe they'll add the Alti's to the list eventually!

I love my baby (Osiris Tune results) - MY350Z.COM Forums
#9 Old 08-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Tillman Welding

(Thread Starter)
nice find..

I will keep u guys posted...
#10 Old 08-12-2009, 08:53 PM
CONFUSED!!!

Here For Post Updates
#11 Old 08-12-2009, 10:46 PM

I'll be stopping at a local tuner shop this Saturday to upload my ROM so they can send it to UpRev to be cracked. Lead time on cracking the ROM would be a couple of months. So far, UpRev has only cracked the ROM for a few 08 Altimas. Apparently, the ROM is slightly different based on both year and model (so the ROM for an 05 SE-R is slightly different from an 06 SE-R); at least that's what the shop told me. Either way, it can't hurt to stop in.

2006 Smoke SE-R (6MT) - AT Grounding Kit, Berk V2 WAI, Cattman B-Pipe, NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs, NWP VIAS Block Plate, NWP Intake Spacers, Racingline Y-Pipe, Exedy Stage 1 Clutch, JWT Flywheel, Axxtion SS, Continental ExtremeContact DWS 245/40ZR18
#12 Old 08-13-2009, 12:36 AM
Tillman Welding

(Thread Starter)
The company does not have any problems "cracking," or unlocking the ECU.. They just need to figure out what ROM, memory, they will need for the specific ECU... They have already figured out what they need for mine as of today.. It will take approximately 3-4 weeks for them to be ready to tune my car...

I am wrong about a few things though... Like smoke said the 05' Altima ECU's, for example, have around 12 different kinds of ROM... My ECU would be only one of many different types.. The reason this company can offer mail order tunes for the 350z's is because they have done over 250 of those vehicles. The number being important because they can say for certain they can tune each specific ECU...

If the day ever comes that they can get 250 Altima's through there, the situation will be different. We all know how that goes...

My purpose for this post is to not misinform people like I have done at the beginning of this thread... The only way to reap the benefits of Uprev will be dyno tunes... U will have to send them your ECU, which will be shipped back the same day, or go the route smoke is speaking of... I dont know anything about that route.. After they send it back u will have to find one of their supported tuner shops and get on the dyno... When and if they ever reach enough Altima's things will be alot easier... Who wants a mail order tune anyway...

The only thing I can think of on the turnaround time for the member of the previous post, two months, is because he is going through two different shops.. I guess that is the time available for them combined to do this..

I am only dealing with Uprev so I cannot say anything about their supported shops...

If u have any questions feel free to contact Richard @ 512 538 4856
#13 Old 08-17-2009, 04:54 PM

So I went to the shop on Saturday and the guy was in the middle of a tune. He told me he could upload my ROM if I came back in an hour, but I had to get home to the family. The good news is that it's a total Nissan shop, full of 350/370 Zs, G35/G37s and a beautiful white 2009 GTR. I feel re-assured that they'll do a proper job and yield some nice gains for me. I spoke to the head tuner and he told me they don't even have to send the ROM to UpRev and that they can "crack" it themselves. Anyway, I'll be heading down to the shop Friday afternoon. Took the afternoon off, so I'll have time to wait if need be.

2006 Smoke SE-R (6MT) - AT Grounding Kit, Berk V2 WAI, Cattman B-Pipe, NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs, NWP VIAS Block Plate, NWP Intake Spacers, Racingline Y-Pipe, Exedy Stage 1 Clutch, JWT Flywheel, Axxtion SS, Continental ExtremeContact DWS 245/40ZR18
#14 Old 08-18-2009, 05:16 AM
It's all Gravy, baby!

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
In for updates, I've been checking them out for a while. Glad to see someone finally pulling the trigger on this.

-Brandon
2003 Infiniti M45
1981 Chevrolet Silverado RCLB (heh, try me)
#15 Old 08-18-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke35 View Post
So I went to the shop on Saturday and the guy was in the middle of a tune. He told me he could upload my ROM if I came back in an hour, but I had to get home to the family. The good news is that it's a total Nissan shop, full of 350/370 Zs, G35/G37s and a beautiful white 2009 GTR. I feel re-assured that they'll do a proper job and yield some nice gains for me. I spoke to the head tuner and he told me they don't even have to send the ROM to UpRev and that they can "crack" it themselves. Anyway, I'll be heading down to the shop Friday afternoon. Took the afternoon off, so I'll have time to wait if need be.
awesome...what shop is it if you don't mind me asking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > Engine Performance (2002-2006)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode