[current version: 1.25]
HTML Code:
(02-07-2011) VER 1.25 --
*Updated 'fuel' with FI-R's upgrades.
*Fixed some spelling errors.

(11-22-2010) VER 1.24 --
*Updated Seafoam tutorial link.

(09-06-2010) VER 1.23 --
*A major visual overhaul and updated info about most products.

(09-05-2010) VER 1.22 --
*Updated 'exhaust' with 2 new cat-back exhaust systems.

(06-20-2010) VER 1.21 --
*Updated 'fuel' with new DeatschWerks injectors.

(05-08-2010) VER 1.20 --
*Updated 'automatic transmission'.

(04-27-2010) VER 1.19 --
*Grouped spark plugs and coil-on plugs into 'ignition'.
*Grouped fuel rails, fuel pumps, and injectors into 'fuel'.

(04-22-2010) VER 1.18 --
*Changed "piggybacks" section to "tuning" to allow more options in the future,
and updated it's info.

(03-17-2010) VER 1.17 --
*Added more info and a link to Brian Crowers website for their stage 2 and 3
cams for the QR25DE.

(01-26-2010) VER 1.16 --
*Added a link in the miscellaneous section for a few HP tricks.

(01-25-2010) VER 1.15 --
*Added Southwest Autoworks underdriven pulley.

(01-24-2010) VER 1.14 --
*Updated notices.

(01-22-2010) VER 1.13 --
*A little bit of reorganization.

(01-21-2010) VER 1.12 --
*Added more info to our porting options.

(01-18-2010) VER 1.11 --
*Added link for Nismo CAI.

(01-15-2010) VER 1.10 --
*Added link for Apexi WS2 cat-back systems available.

(01-14-2010) VER 1.09 --
*Changed spark plug info.
*Changed spark plug wire (coil-on-plug) info.
*Added link for JWT's pop charger, valve springs, and camshafts.

(01-11-2010) VER 1.08 --
*Added this handy version table!
*Cleaned up thread, added various links to parts. Mostly internals.

(01-10-2010) VER 1.07 --
*Added more info to intakes, clutches, flywheels, and short throw shifter kits.
*Added more info to Form and Function Performance's porting options.
*Added dual exhaust as an option, using spike228's thread as an example.

(01-09-2010) VER 1.06 --
*Added more info to headers section with links, etc.
*Added link to MarkSpecV's thread for headers available, pricing, etc.

(01-08-2010) VER 1.05 --
*Added Racingline Performance's rumored midpipe to exhaust section.
*Added Speedforce Racing's turbo kit.

(01-04-2010) VER 1.04 --
*Added Tsudo as a brand for a cat-back exhaust system.

(09-21-2009) VER 1.03 --
*Thread made into a sticky. Woot!
*Added info regarding Stillen's QR-Pro.

(09-20-2009) VER 1.02 --
*Added 3rdgen2.5s' info on HP claims of the "HP engine kits".
*Added Racingline Performance to grounding kits section.
*Added Unorthodox Racing, Stillen, and Ralco RZ to pulleys section.
*Added info about needing o2 spacers for headers.
*Added balance shaft removal kit from JWT.
*Added info to porting and polishing the upper and lower intake manifold
by having them sent out to Form and Function Performance.
*Removed Active Tuning from grounding kits section.
*Removed AEBS, Strup, & DC Sports from header section.

(09-20-2009) VER 1.01 --
*Added NOTICE to stay away from WRP Technology.
*Added Outlaw Engineering as a source for intake manifold spacers,
throttle body spacers, etc (sold as a kit).

(09-20-2009) VER 1.00 --
*Here we go!
shout-out to 3rdgen2.5s for all of the help with this thread!

INTAKE
+
Berk, Weapon-R, True Flow, Cosmo Racing, Stillen, JWT, AEM, Nismo, Injen, Fujita, K&N
||| We have a variety of WAIs, SRIs, and CAIs available. Search around!
- HERE'S THE LINK for a thread concerning my custom setup (with video).
- HERE'S THE LINK for a pic of 3rdgen's custom setup.
- HERE'S THE LINK for the Berk V2 intake with Apexi filter for $199 from their site. They also have one for $169 that uses the AEM Dryflow filter.
- HERE'S THE LINK for an overpriced Nismo CAI.
- HERE'S THE LINK to an autopartswarehouse.com page with some AEM, K&N, and Fujita intakes that fit our Altima. I'd ask about guaranteed fitments, because I don't see some of these anywhere else.
- HERE'S THE LINK for an Injen RD intake for $272.66.
- HERE'S THE LINK for the AEM CAI that's available to us for $257.41.
- HERE'S THE LINK for JWT's pop-charger.

EXHAUST
+
Cat-back: Mossy, Apexi, Magnaflow, Stillen, Megan Racing, Vibrant Performance, Racingline Performance, Tsudo
+ Header: OBX, Nismo, Megan Racing, XS Power, Crazy eBay People
||| Some Altimas go for a custom setup with 2.5" piping, and a universal muffler. Concerning any 4-banger, get an extra resonator if you want less raspiness. I currently have an eBay 4-1 header and a Tsudo cat-back exhaust installed. The Nismo header is the best directly bolt-on header available. You can buy header/mid-pipe combos for the QR Sentra as long as you get the mid-pipe custom welded into your existing exhaust because of fitment issues. Otherwise, ALL headers for QR Sentra/Altima are compatible. For all years 02-06, you will need to purchase an O2 spacer and install it inbetween your lower O2 bung and it's sensor to trick the car's ECU into thinking it's pre-cat is still functional. 02-04's lower O2 bung is located on the header itself, whereas 05-06's lower O2 bung is located on the mid-pipe. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that an aftermarket cat-less header is the first performance upgrade for your Altima because the stocker's catalytic converter is prone to failure and is known to break apart allowing your engine to inhale pieces of it.
- HERE'S THE LINK for the thread concerning my exhaust (with video).
- HERE'S THE LINK for a memeber on this forum that went through with a Nismo dual exhaust setup (had to use SE-R bumper).
- HERE'S THE LINK for the Megan Racing cat-back for $380. Remember to check other sites for everything to find the lowest price. Don't be a stupid shopper.
- HERE'S THE LINK for Tsudo's cat-back system for only $249.
- HERE'S THE LINK for the Vibrant Racing cat-back for $486.
- HERE'S THE LINK for Magnaflow's cat-back for $467.
- HERE'S THE LINK for some Apexi WS2 cat-backs anywhere from $430+.
- Stillen has an axle-back system for $349. If you want to keep your stock resonator this is the way to go.
- A header can be found anywhere, plenty on eBay.
- The 2.5" Racingline Performance hi-flow midpipe/downpipe for our QR Altima is coming out soon!
*Pricing will be in the $150-$210 range
*Full stainless steel
*O2 bung
*Lined flex section (not standard braided which are lower quality, wear out faster, and are generally less expensive)
*Straight-through, no res, no cat (possible options, more $ of course)

PULLEYS
+
Stillen, Unorthodox Racing, Ralco RZ
||| If you have an audio system in your car with subs, etc, then I suggest you go with a standard crank pulley, and not an underdriven one. Otherwise, underdriven pulleys free up more power. Installing an underdriven crank pulley might cause a loss of some HVAC functionality (i.e. colds aren't as cold, hots aren't as hot). Stock sized crank pulleys are the only available aftermarket pulleys for now.
- HERE'S THE LINK to Stillen's lightweight standard crank pulley for $180.
- HERE'S THE LINK for Unorthodox Racing's lightweight standard pulley for $225 on THEIR website.
- HERE'S THE LINK for Unorthodox Racing's lightweight standard pulley for $195.
- HERE'S THE LINK for the Ralco RZ lightweight standard pulley off of horsepowerfreaks.com for $95 (top one on page). AND
- ANOTHER LINK to a site I found it on for only $82!! (scroll down, part #914857)

GROUNDING KITS
+
Racingline Performance, Stillen, Active Tuning
||| Installing a grounding kit ensures that sensors, your ECU, and other miscellaneous electronics are not affected by power surges that can drain performance. This ensures that all wire diameters are optimal for amperage and current travel distance. These grounding kits will also improve the shifting on automatic transmission vehicles, and in most cases noticeably improve shift times. Your horn can even become noticeably louder/clearer.
- HERE'S THE LINK for Active Tuning's grounding kit.
- HERE'S THE LINK for Racingline Performance's grounding kit.

MOTOR MOUNT INSERTS
+
Racingline Performance
||| MMIs help eliminate excess engine movement by stiffening the vehicles torque position motor mounts. More power to the ground!
- HERE'S THE LINK for Racingline Performance's motor mount inserts.

SPACERS
+
Outlaw Engineering, Econoaid
||| Intake manifold and throttle body spacers are used to increase the volume of your intake, create a more stable intake flow, and for phenolic spacers in particular, provide less heat transfer from the motor itself to your intake which yields lower intake temps.
- HERE'S THE LINK for Outlaw Engineering's phenolic ThermoBlok spacer kit which includes the intake manifold spacer, throttle body spacer, plenum spacer, gaskets, installation kit, bypass fitting, detailed instructions and Outlaw Engineering decals.
- HERE'S THE LINK for the EconoAid® Throttle Body Booster. Essentially a "teethed" throttle body spacer. Supposedly increases low-end torque, & increases gas mileage.

BALANCE SHAFT REMOVAL KITS
+
JWT
||| The purpose of this kit is to remove the balance shafts that spin twice as fast as the crankshaft to counter act vibrations. So when approaching redline at 6200 RPM the balance shafts are doing over 12000 RPM. The balance shaft assembly is driven by chain via the crank itself. Removing this frees up around 6-8 WHP, allows faster revs, and adds 1 quart to the oil capacity, but beware, it also adds more vibrations in cabin. The easier alternative to purchasing the kit is simply cutting the chain that drives the balance shaft assembly. Multiple members on this forum have cut the chain, and I believe I'm the only one so far with the BSR kit installed. Either Google it or comment my BSR thread for info on this mod.
- HERE'S THE LINK concerning my JWT BSR kit install.
- HERE'S THE LINK for JWT's balance shaft removal kit.

IGNITION
COIL-ON-PLUGS
|||
Our engine doesn't use conventional spark plug wires; it uses coil on plug packs. Nology makes a set of HotWires for us.
- HERE'S THE LINK for a set of Nology HotWires.

SPARK PLUGS
-
Go Denso. Just opinion honestly. Their two best spark plugs for us are the Denso Iridium Power (part# IKH16, I have these), and the Denso Platinum TT (part# PKH16TT).

FUEL
COMPLETE FUEL SYSTEM UPGRADE
+ FI-R
- HERE'S THE LINK to FI-R's fuel system upgrade thread. Forced Induction Racing who specializes in Sentra specific performance parts has released a complete fuel system upgrade kit. The only thing it doesn't comes with is injectors, where the choice is yours. It comes with a new billet high-flow fuel rail, a new fuel pump canister that eliminates a restrictive flow section and the shitty filter plus it has the Walbro 255 preinstalled, it converts the stock system to a return style that's excellent for big HP setups, etc. Amazing stuff here, and almost essential if you're going big.

FUEL RAILS
+ Powertech Performance, OEM mod
- HERE'S THE LINK for Powertech Performance fuel rails (same company that provides us a turbo kit, check it out below).
- HERE'S THE LINK for a mod that can be done to the VQ35 fuel rail. I'm pretty sure we can do something similar to this to our fuel rail.

INJECTORS
+
JWT, stock WRX, DeatschWerks
- HERE'S THE LINK for JWT's injectors. '555cc/min @ 3.5bar' Ultra fine spray multi-hole directional flow injectors, feature the highest dynamic range of any high flow injector for the QR25DE engine. Delivers 75% more fuel than stock. Direct fit into stock fuel rails. Comes with 6 water tight connectors to replace originals. Note: 5mm restrictions in injector rail and transfer rail should be opened to 6mm if stock rails are to be used above 450hp. See JWT Tech support section on the website for details.
- HERE'S THE LINK to a good thread over at B15U.com. Show's that we can use the stock WRX injectors as a direct plug-in! Just need new O-rings! They are good for 440cc I believe. The STi one's are 540cc. You can also remove the cap off them, and they flow at 740-750cc! <---NOT recommended unless you are FI, and have engine management to adjust them.
- DeatschWerks makes 3 sets of injectors specifically for the QR25. Use Google product search. Their part numbers are: QR25-440-4, QR25-600-4, and QR25-800-4 which are 440, 600, and 800cc respectively. The '-4' represents the quantity of 4, which is all we have, 1 per cylinder.

FUEL PUMPS
+
Walbro, stock WRX
- HERE'S THE LINK to a b15u.com 'how-to' thread on replacing your fuel pump with a stock WRX one, good for 160lph. A direct drop in!
- You may also use a Walbro 190lph pump. Part# GSS250. Perfect for the mods our cars will see. Personally, I think the 255lph Walbro is a bit overkill unless you're F/I and need a lot of fuel. You will need to cut the tabs off the bottom of the pump, and also slit the pump housing down the side in order to get it to fit. There are plenty of boosted sentras either running the WRX pump or the Walbro pump just fine!
- HERE'S THE LINK for GSS250's through google shopping. Ranging from $60-$120+.

INTERNALS
+
IPP, Toga, Wiseco, Brian Crower, Ferrea, JWT, Pauter, Topline, Darton
||| It's a given that Toga is known for their aftermarket bearings, Ferrea for their valves, Pauter for their rods, and Darton for their sleeves.
So we can't complain when it comes to internals available. Just do your research.
- HERE'S THE LINK for BC's custom pistons. They offer two different styles with the ability to choose any compression ratio and bore size.
- HERE'S THE LINK for Toga High Performance Bearings.
- HERE'S THE LINK for Ferrea Valves.
- HERE'S THE LINK for Ferrea Steel Valve Locks.
- HERE'S THE LINK for Ferrea Titanium Retainers.
- HERE'S THE LINK for Ferrea Valve Springs.
- HERE'S THE LINK for Brian Crower's valve spring set.
- HERE'S THE LINK for JWT's valve spring set.
- HERE'S THE LINK for JWT's 'in-chassis valve spring removal tool'. Supposedly, if you're in the area, "we also loan these tools at no charge to customers purchasing JWT Cam and Spring Sets."
- HERE'S THE LINK for Pauter Rods.
- HERE'S THE LINK for Darton Sleeves.
- HERE'S THE LINK for Topline Timing Kits.
- HERE'S THE LINK for Race Engineering's page that has some of the miscellaneous internals available through their site.
- HERE'S THE LINK for the IPP QR25DE HP kit. The QR25DE kit is located at the very bottom (#24). It includes a complete gasket set, an MLS head gasket, Wiseco forged pistons (89, 89.5, or 90mm bore and 8.5:1 or 9.5:1 compression), plasma moly rings, performance wrist pins, TOGA HP main bearings, TOGA HP rod bearings, and finally Thrust washers for $949. Add a set of Pauter rods for an extra $749 if bought with the HP kit, or $792 without the purchase. Take note that the stock bore size is 89mm. IPP claims seeing 40hp gains on n/a applications, but the kit for the QR will not gain hp but instead give you stronger internals for F/I. They only offer lower compression ratio pistons and stock comp ratio pistons. Internals creating a higher compression ratio will gain power by themselves.

CAMSHAFTS
+
Nismo, JWT, Brian Crower
||| Camshafts are internal which makes them QR25DE specific, allowing anything labeled 02-06 Sentra (non-QG) compatible. If you're upgrading cams I'll assume you know the dirty work and what you're looking for. The following are what aftermarket cams are available, their specs compared to stock, and which cams are recommended for what setup (N/A vs F/I). It's recommended that you use JWT's/BC's springs with their respective cams. BC's spring set comes with titanium retainers.

*Stock QR25 cam specs
244° intake duration | .407 intake lift
232° exhaust duration | .340 exhaust lift

*Nismo cam specs
262° intake duration | .440 intake lift
242° exhaust duration | .370 exhaust lift

*JWT S1 cam specs
264° intake duration | .447 intake lift
244° exhaust duration | .376 exhaust lift

*JWT C1 Cam specs
282° intake duration | .478 intake lift
249° exhaust duration | .407 exhaust lift

*Brian Crower Stage 2
264° intake duration | .425 intake lift
256° exhaust duration | .400 exhaust lift

*Brian Crower Stage 3
272° intake duration | .424 intake lift
264° exhaust duration | .399 exhaust lift

- HERE'S THE LINK for Brian Crower's valve spring set.
- HERE'S THE LINK for JWT's valve spring set.
- HERE'S THE LINK for JWT's in-chassis valve spring removal tool. If you're in the area, "We loan these tools at no charge to customers purchasing JWT cam and spring sets."

PORTING
+
Form and Function Performance, IPP
- HERE'S THE LINK for Form and Function Performance's website. They are now partnered with MAP (Modern Automotive Performance, maperformance.com). To me they are the most promising with the best in detail on exactly what they're doing to our QR25. I had my intake manifold's ported and ceramic coated by them. Quality work!
- HERE'S THE LINK for my thread concerning my portwork/ceramic work.
- HERE'S THE LINK for a bunch of thread's with his work on neons. Form and Function is well known in the SRT-4 world.

-Here's their available options for us manifold wise:
* Regarding the upper and lower intake manifolds, through an email convo the company states that they have worked with a variety of Nissan intakes including the 300zx, the new GT-R, our QR25, etc. Here's a quote for the pricing,
"Generally for the QR25 manifolds I charge $250 for the portwork on the intake manifold (both upper and lower manifolds) plus $90 if you also want our advanced ceramics option."
*If you have gone the turbo route...
"Each will vary in pricing a bit, but generally we offer a porting and coating package for turbo manifolds, turbine housings, and O2 pipes as a package for $295. This would be porting on the manifold and turbo, and ceramic coating (black or blue) on those plus the O2 pipe. We can port and coat just a turbo for $135, again in black or blue.

- Here's their available options for us head wise (5 Stages):
"Heads are a different animal. We offer 5 stages, each varying based on the needs of a setup.
*Stage 1 head ($595). This doesn't actually have any portwork, but has machinework, performance valvejob, fresh deck, cleaning, inspection, and assembly needed for any head swap.
*Stage 2 head ($750). This is basic runner cleanup, minor porting with all that Stage 1 has as well.
*Stage 3 head ($850). This is all that Stage 2 is plus more aggressive bowl work, more shape changes on the runners (application dependent) and more overall detail work in the runners.
*Stage 4 head ($1025). This is exactly what Stage 3 is, but we add combustion chamber work for deshrouding, minimizing hotspots, and unifying the chambers for the best in performance.
*Stage 5 head ($1195). This is the best of what we have to offer in terms of technology and flow. Extra detail is taken in the bowl and guide blending, an elliptical valve job is performed on the exhaust side and this head can be more customized for a specific application than the other packages.
- Any valves, springs, retainers, or guides would be additional to these prices. Optionally we do have an advanced ceramic head package that includes a thermal dispersant on the exterior (same that is used on the intake manifolds) to aid in keeping the head cooler, and a thermal barrier coating applied to all the combustion chambers, valve faces, and exhaust ports to further reduce hot spots and promote more exhaust velocity.

TUNING
+
Stillen, A'PEXi
||| Air-fuel controllers (AFC's) allow us to adjust A/F Ratios and get a proper tuning on the car. Premium fuel is recommended after a tune, and while tuning, to maximize your gain in HP. Somewhere I read that to completely burn gas, you need a A/F mixture of 14.7:1. Google 'stoichiometry'. When tuning your A/F ratio for HP, you typically want to hit as close to 14.0:1 as possible, while dipping into the 13's during WOT. Typically cars from the factory run "lean", rather than "rich" (maybe from the 15-17's and on). This is mainly for emissions, and to achieve maximum reliability. Achieving a richer A/F burns more fuel per unit of air that is measured by the MAF in your intake, a leaner A/F being the oppisite. AFC's are designed to intercept the signal given to your ECU by the MAF, alter it, and send the modified signal to the ECU to trick it into giving your engine more/less fuel. AFC's allow you to adjust how much the signal is altered at different RPM levels. There isn't many tuning options for our engine. Full standalone replacement ECM's (engine control modules) would be able to adjust timing, ignition, etc. We are limited to only A/F controllers for now, unless you can succesfully manage to wire in an e-manage ultimate, UTEC Pro, etc. There are quite a few options out there. Any A/F controller will work as long as you know what wires you are dealing with to splice and connect. I have the A'PEXi SAFC-NEO installed in my car right now. The Stillen QR-Pro isn't recommended because it has two pre-set A/F maps that you can't alter unless you have another AFC altering the signal going into the QR-Pro. As user L31_06 mentioned, in some cases it hasn't worked with the '06 altima. On their site it says it is compatible with years 2002-2006, but HERE'S THE LINK to their .pdf for installation instructions. It includes seperate instructions for 02-03, and 04-05. It doesn't include '06. Maybe a different version comes in the shipped product, but all-in-all, if your an '06er I wouldn't go this route. The A'PEXi SAFC-NEO is a true AFC with a pretty screen, one customizable map, and 16 points of correction. This unit is what I recommend the most, seeing as it's tuneable. It can be tuned to maximize the mods you have done to your specific Altima. According to A'PEXi, this unit isn't compatible with our car. THAT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE LAZY. I have one wired into my car RIGHT NOW.
- HERE'S THE LINK concerning my S-AFC NEO install.
- HERE'S THE LINK for the Stillen QR-Pro.
- HERE'S THE LINK for the A'PEXi S-AFC NEO. You can find it on other sites for cheaper.
- HERE'S THE LINK for Boomslang's ECU extension harness. You have to select 02-03 Sentra from the drop down menu if you're 02-03 Alti. I have my NEO soldered into this harness. It's flawless! If you're 04-06, AEM has a harness available as well.
- HERE'S THE LINK for a cool thread found over at B15u.com that offers a way for the NEO to control your secondary butterflies opening at a different RPMs.
- HERE'S THE LINK for another thread over at B15u.com that explains how you can do the same as above (open your secondary butterflies sooner), with an adjustable RPM switch that only cost about $40. It includes a dyno graph showing that opening them at 4700 rpm instead of the stock 5200 showed an increase of 3-6 HP across the upper RPM band. It also shows that keeping them open throughout the entire RPM band induces almost a 5 HP loss throughout the lower RPM band.

N20
+
Universal
||| Most kits are universal. Only the WET kits work for our engine. For our car, the safest bet is a 75 shot. You can try a 100 shot, but be wary of your motor. The QR is not the strongest motor by far.

TURBO KITS
+
Powertech Performance, Speed Force Racing
- HERE'S THE LINK for the turbo kit from Powertech Performance. The Stage 2 is priced at $4295.00 + $150 for shipping. You have to modify your stock fuel rail to accomodate for a return line. If you just go with an aftermarket fuel rail you'll be fine. They have one on the same page listed as a "upgrade for your turbo kit". Their's is listed at $129.00.
- HERE'S THE LINK for the Speed Force Racing turbo kit. This one looks pretty good too. Starts at $4,499.99. You can add a polished finish for $199, ceramic coating for $199, and you can also upgrade to a ball bearing turbo for $449.99. They have a video of an Altima running it on a dyno, check it out.
*In theory, everything between the Altima and Sentra QR should be interchangeable EXCEPT the piping leading to the intercooler (this should be a given since the Altima engine bay is bigger than the Sentra). If you go this route, please contact the companies that develop them for the Sentra, and see if they make an application for the Altima. There is a post on this forum from a guy that had a custom built turbo kit from some company (can't remember the name) that actually ended up selling his car, and the turbo. Don't want to know why, but I'm sure if you have your internals on lock, you'll be fine.

CLUTCHES
+
JWT, SPEC, Clutch Masters, Unorthodox Racing
- HERE'S THE LINK for the JWT Clutch ($299). It must be coupled with the JWT flywheel.
- HERE'S THE LINK for the SPEC, Clutch Masters, and Unorthodox Racing clutches available found on horsepowerfreaks.com. All of the clutches listed here say they'll fit 02-04 Altimas, sorry 05-06ers. Since our Altimas realistically won't be seeing too much power, I believe any clutch rated by the company as higher than stage 3 would be overkill.

FLYWHEELS
+
JWT, SPEC, Fidanza
- HERE'S THE LINK for the JWT Flywheel ($425) which must be used with the JWT clutch.
- HERE'S THE LINK for the SPEC and Fidanza flywheels available. The Fidanza says it will fit 02-05, and the SPEC says it will fit 02-06?

SHORT THROW SHIFTER KITS
+
Ralco RZ, Active Tuning, Nismo
||| Active Tuning no longer carries a short throw shifter kit, but now Ralco RZ does, and you can fint it on horsepowerfreaks.com for $85.62.
- HERE'S THE LINK for the Ralco RZ kit.
- HERE'S THE LINK for the Nismo STS.

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
TRANSMISSION COOLING KITS
+ Stillen
||| Help protect your transmission on the street and at the strip with this complete transmission cooler kit. Includes all the necessary adapters, fittings, and hoses you will need for installation.
- HERE'S THE LINK to the Stillen auto trans cooling kit.

SHIFT KITS (00-04, 4AT)
+ Transgo
||| Their updated version is part# SK®RE4F04B. From their site, "Corrects/Prevents: Rough 1-2 Cold. No 3rd after 4-2 or 3-2 kickdown. Leaky worn, bad design inner clutch seal, Hard or Soft 1-2 shift. Long shifts hit rev limiter. Firmer 4th & Lockup. High-Temp Low-Shrink rings assure quality shifts & extended durability."
- HERE'S THE LINK

SHIFT KITS (04-07, 5AT)
+ Transgo
||| For 04-07 they offer the SK AW55-50 kit. Part# RE5F22A I believe. Please contact this company as to which kit you want/need. From their site, "Reduces/Corrects/Prevents Delay/Bang drive engagement, 4-3 and 3-2 coast clunk, 2-3 and 3-4 cut-loose, kick-down runaways and TCC Slip."
- HERE'S THE LINK
- HERE'S THE LINK for a nice little flyer advertisement for it.

REPROGRAMMING KITS (00-04, 4AT)
+ Transgo
||| Their updated version is part# RE4F04B-HD2. From their site, "Corrects: Rough 1-2 cold, no 3rd after 4-2 or 3-2 kickdown. Leaky worn, bad design inner clutch seal. Soft 1-2 shift. Long shifts hit rev limiter. Firmer 4th & Lockup. Designed for Nitrous or Turbo or Supercharging. Has 'Trick Valve': Hot Rod - Street Show Off."
- HERE'S THE LINK

MISCELLANEOUS
- HERE'S THE LINK for a Seafoam Cleanse tutorial. This is a good way to clean out your engine. Tutorial through the link is for the QR25DE! If anyone else has done this, let us know the results.
- HERE'S THE LINK for a page with a few tricks/tips on how to add a few HP. Haha, 5, maybe people! But still worth doing if you have the time. It's labeled for the SE-R, but there's nothin on the page that is specific to the SE-R.

I will update this thread periodically.

If there are any errors, broken links, missing info,
or things you would like to add;
let me know through PM or comment,
and I will update the thread.

nizmatikk likes this.

'06 G35 Sedan 6MT
- Z1 clutch & flywheel - Z1 intake - dumped exhaust under driver's seat -

03' Alti 2.5S 5MT, more of the car..
The QR25DE Modding Information Thread

Last edited by nadjkovic; 01-27-2012 at 02:13 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nadjkovic For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 141 Old 09-20-2009, 11:35 PM
FERRARI SLAYER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wat th hell is a variable exhaust sprocket...n how difficult is a throttle body spacer to install...also is it really worth it wat kinda gains do u get?

Gold 02' Altima 2.5

PERFORMANCE MODS. WHO CARES ABOUT THE REST RIGHT?:
Tsudo Catback
2J Racing Underdriven PS pulley
Lightweight crank pulley
Cut balance shaft chain
Custom SRI
2J Racing Intake Manifold
Stillen Header
Stillen Catless Midpipe
TB Bypass
Indexed NGK Iridiums

Last edited by Genocide; 09-20-2009 at 11:37 PM.
post #3 of 141 Old 09-20-2009, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
2488cc

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide View Post
wat th hell is a variable exhaust sprocket...n how difficult is a throttle body spacer to install...also is it really worth it wat kinda gains do u get?
Nevermind the variable exhaust sprocket, WRP is out of business due to fraud. I would go here, like what 3rdgen2.5s said.
Outlaw Engineering
They say it comes with full instructions, and it only cost about $125. Contact the company, and ask about what kind of gains we would expect to see. Let us know what you get.

This is what WRP technology's website site says anyway,

Features
Multiple Positions for various engine applications
Permanent camshaft position with no extra hardware to come loose
5-7 Horsepower and Torque gains

Product Description
WRP Technology is proud to introduce the first ever variable cam sprocket for the qr25 platform. This sprocket features 4 points of variation based on engine needs. With a -2, -4, +2, and +4 degree change, both Turbo and Naturally Aspirated motors can benefit. How does this work? This is for the exhaust cam sprocket and can add or eliminate valve overlap. In N/A applications, adding overlap allows for more cylinder fill as the motor is able to retrieve more exhaust gasses back into the cylinder chamber and have higher pressure. In boosted applications, the elimination of valve overlap allows for more effective boost as air is not "pushed" out the exhaust valves before they close, they close sooner.

'06 G35 Sedan 6MT

Last edited by nadjkovic; 09-21-2009 at 02:26 AM.

post #4 of 141 Old 09-20-2009, 11:40 PM
zoom zoom

One problem with the old QR25 thread is how outdated it is and the misinformation given about certain parts. Along with all the unnecessary garbage that had to sifted through to find information lead to it being closed and cleaned up of those post. For starters the link for internals claims seeing 40hp gains on n/a applications but the kit for the QR will not gain hp but instead give you stronger internals for forced induction or N20 that is why they only offer lower comp ratio pistons and stock comp ratio pistons. I am pretty positive but someone may have to confirm this but Crower will no longer be making camshafts for the QR. Anything that has to do with WRP should be deleted since William perdigon the owner of WRP turned out to be a scam artist and practiced bad business along with producing false dyno charts for parts that made 0 hp gain in reality. They are out of business at this point and have been for a while. Any intake manifold spacers or throttle body spacers should be removed since they are proven to have no hp gain and most are not made anymore. If you want some kind of spacers go for outlaw engineering.
Outlaw Engineering
Ground wire kits you can add racingline performance and I am not positive but I don't know if active tuning still sales or makes the grounding kits anymore. For header choices AEBS, strup, dc sports all can not be used on the altima. Only a one piece 4-1 or 4-2-1 shorty header can be used and interchanged between the sentra ser/spec-v and altima. Also most just use the O2 spacers provided by Mark on here that cure the SES light for 02-04 and 05-06 applications. Pulleys are limited to unorthodox racing, stillen, OBX, and Ralco RZ. The pulleys are all interchangeable between the sentra and altima and only WRP made a power steering pulley but again they are out of business. The JWT balance shaft removal kit removes the balance shafts that spin twice as fast as the crankshaft to counter act vibrations. So when approaching redline at 6200 RPM the balance shafts are doing over 12000 RPM. Removing this adds as around 6-8 WHP, allows faster revs, and adds a 1 quart to the oil capacity but beware it also adds more vibrations in cabin. One mod that can be added is porting and polishing the upper and lower intake manifold. One popular option is having sent out to Form and Function Performance
Having a new more accurate place for QR owners to get information from would be nice and I told asleep a while back I would provide him with the information to make the old one accurate but have been too lazy so hopefully this one can be done right. Others should give their input and I will come up with more so maybe in the end it can be made a sticky that is information only.

2006 Mazda 3 2.3 5MT-NEW

2005 Altima 2.5s 4AT-GONE

2007 CX-7 2.3T AWD 6AT-WIFE'S

post #5 of 141 Old 09-20-2009, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
2488cc

(Thread Starter)
I'm updating the post right now, but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdgen2.5s View Post
Anything that has to do with WRP should be deleted since William perdigon the owner of WRP turned out to be a scam artist and practiced bad business along with producing false dyno charts for parts that made 0 hp gain in reality. They are out of business at this point and have been for a while.
Their website, WRPTechnology - Your Source for Quality Nissan Parts, is definitely still up and running, and looks decent + legit. Are you POSITIVE?

'06 G35 Sedan 6MT

Last edited by nadjkovic; 09-21-2009 at 01:23 AM.
post #6 of 141 Old 09-20-2009, 11:50 PM
zoom zoom

Site is still up but for the past year or so it still states they are relocating. Trust me though they are out of business and are pretty much hated by the whole nissan community. Just click the google link and start reading.....Google

2006 Mazda 3 2.3 5MT-NEW

post #7 of 141 Old 09-20-2009, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
2488cc

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Site is still up but for the past year or so it still states they are relocating. Trust me though they are out of business and are pretty much hated by the whole nissan community. Just click the google link and start reading.....Google
Okay, nice, updated.
Link for active tuning grounding kit, 02-06 Nissan Altima 2.5 Custom Engine Grounding System - ActiveTuning.

'06 G35 Sedan 6MT

Last edited by nadjkovic; 09-21-2009 at 01:22 AM.
post #8 of 141 Old 09-21-2009, 12:48 AM
Nismo Whore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
WRP is a rip off, though I do have the WRP throttle body spacer. For the record, I don't think it yields any hp at all. We're don't have carburetors so what's the point? If anything, the spacer causes the tachometer to hover when shifting out of gears or into neutral.

Why do I still have it then? I'm too lazy to take it out.

post #9 of 141 Old 09-21-2009, 06:15 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Nice thread. I'll remove the old one and sticky this one if you plan to keep it up to date.
post #10 of 141 Old 09-21-2009, 06:28 AM Thread Starter
2488cc

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHP4LiFe View Post
Nice thread. I'll remove the old one and sticky this one if you plan to keep it up to date.
Thank you, and of course.

'06 G35 Sedan 6MT

post #11 of 141 Old 09-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Nismo Whore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Regarding the QR-Pro by stillen, a couple of attempts were made to install it in my ecu. It came down to having a shop doing it. There were two things that ended the installation in vain. The wiring diagram neglected to mention where two pins go, one pin for the O2 sensor (precat I think) and the other pin for the throttle.

I tried to call stillen about this matter and they suggested that my ecu must have been revised in the 06 production line. I guess you can refer to the ecu as 2006.5?

All in all, it didn't work. Though there're claims about a couple of members who successfully installed the unit and got It to work. Don't know who they are though.

post #12 of 141 Old 09-21-2009, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
2488cc

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L31_06 View Post
Regarding the QR-Pro by stillen, a couple of attempts were made to install it in my ecu. It came down to having a shop doing it. There were two things that ended the installation in vain. The wiring diagram neglected to mention where two pins go, one pin for the O2 sensor (precat I think) and the other pin for the throttle.

I tried to call stillen about this matter and they suggested that my ecu must have been revised in the 06 production line. I guess you can refer to the ecu as 2006.5?

All in all, it didn't work. Though there're claims about a couple of members who successfully installed the unit and got It to work. Don't know who they are though.
Okay, thanks for the info. Updated the thread. Let us know if you ever come across another compatible piggyback, ems, etc.

'06 G35 Sedan 6MT

post #13 of 141 Old 09-23-2009, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
2488cc

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Anything that has to do with WRP should be deleted since William perdigon the owner of WRP turned out to be a scam artist and practiced bad business along with producing false dyno charts for parts that made 0 hp gain in reality. They are out of business at this point and have been for a while.
On Sun, 20 Sep 2009, I sent this to WRP:
<nadjkovic@yahoo.com> wrote: Are you still a legit company? People are denying your credibility, and saying that you are out of business. True, or not?

On Sun, 22 Sep 2009,
<sales@wrptechnology.com> wrote: Not true, How may I be able to help you?

What do I say to that? Hah.

'06 G35 Sedan 6MT

post #14 of 141 Old 09-23-2009, 07:30 PM
zoom zoom

Did you read up on his bad business practices and all the internet drama he caused and money this guy cost people? One of the big deals was he sold the intake manifold spacer for the QR25 and claimed 7-10 horsepower and had dyno charts which ended up being fake and independent testing proved over and over the spacer didn't make any power and in some cases lost power. Nothing he sells is proven and I wouldn't buy anything from him. Trust me on this and do some searching of your own if you haven't yet.

2006 Mazda 3 2.3 5MT-NEW

post #15 of 141 Old 09-23-2009, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
2488cc

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Did you read up on his bad business practices and all the internet drama he caused and money this guy cost people? One of the big deals was he sold the intake manifold spacer for the QR25 and claimed 7-10 horsepower and had dyno charts which ended up being fake and independent testing proved over and over the spacer didn't make any power and in some cases lost power. Nothing he sells is proven and I wouldn't buy anything from him. Trust me on this and do some searching of your own if you haven't yet.
Oh trust me I have + his reply back wasn't professional at all, i.e. no business signature or anything. I still advise people not to go into his company. Everything about it is just wrong.

'06 G35 Sedan 6MT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > Engine Performance (2002-2006)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode