The Nissan Club banner

VK56DE RWD Conversion :P

180K views 514 replies 138 participants last post by  diablo2424 
#1 ·
Well some of you may have remember awhile back I was going to do a RWD swap in the Altima. Well the time has come. Its going to be a long process and I'll update u all as much as I can. I ordered my VK56DE from Cali just yesterday that is being sent to E-Shift Performance. Then I'll be breaking down the motor and cleaning it up. I have already removed the whole frontend off the car and I am in the process grinding all the paint down to the bare metal in the engine bay. Just so you all know this isn't going to be a 2 month install job...lol. Its going to take a few months to a year or so. So stay tuned!

Oh yea!!! VK56DE!!!

See less See more
#463 ·
Hey DUB. Are you building a roll cage for it?

#470 ·
damn those GTR brakes are huge. is that a viper in the last pic?

#476 ·
I just received custom brackets to mount up the R35 GTR OEM Brembo brakes that were made by Danny, owner of Slammered INC located in Florida. The brackets are CNC’d out of solid billet aluminum. When I opened up the box and seen them I was VERY impressed with the quality. This is a top notch part from a top notch shop! Make sure you check out Slammered-Inc

Here's a crappy pic I took with my phone of the brakes mounted to the rear with my SSR SP3's!

#484 · (Edited)
Nice, very nice indeed. As for someone asking about the rear differential. The Murano are crap, as you stated. The Titan rear is a solid unit, but getting a true trac system installed will help plant all the power to the ground, if you get a pre 07 rear, no true trac available as of yet for the 07 and up rears, as nissan changed the design on it. As for the Armada rear, it is a total independent rear set up, which will be able to handle all the torque, but again no true trac available for it, unless you can have it made, since the 350z and g35 use the independent rear as well.
Make sure you install headers before bolting down the motor for good, those cats fail as quickly as did the cat on the 2.5 altima. ITB very interesting, but if you don't go with that set up, there is intake that is being made to run with a LS7 90MM tb, which is what I had on my Armada, just the LS7 tb, tuned by Uprev, in addition with JWT cams.
What transmission are you using? What year VK56 motor are you using? What exhaust setup do you have in mind? Just some info on the VK56, it preforms better with back pressure. Look into TitanTalk.com, and look up Toomnymods, he is running turbo titan with meth system, and a beefed up level 10 transmission.
If you need any info on the Vk56, let me know, and I help you out as much as I can.

#491 ·
Nice progress in there , keep it on .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.