The Nissan Club banner

VK56DE RWD Conversion :P

180K views 514 replies 138 participants last post by  diablo2424 
#1 ·
Well some of you may have remember awhile back I was going to do a RWD swap in the Altima. Well the time has come. Its going to be a long process and I'll update u all as much as I can. I ordered my VK56DE from Cali just yesterday that is being sent to E-Shift Performance. Then I'll be breaking down the motor and cleaning it up. I have already removed the whole frontend off the car and I am in the process grinding all the paint down to the bare metal in the engine bay. Just so you all know this isn't going to be a 2 month install job...lol. Its going to take a few months to a year or so. So stay tuned!

Oh yea!!! VK56DE!!!

See less See more
#172 ·
Subscribed.

I remember a Rides episode a few years back when they put a Lexus GS450 engine in a IS250. Both were the previous generations. But this takes it even further with changing the FWD to the RWD. I think Lexus are RWD. That shop had a lot of research and calculations to determine how distribute the extra weight because the CG and balance of the car had change.

What about the engine bay clearances? Is there gonna be a modified hood or are you going to set the engine lower in the bay so it will still look close to stock?

Can't wait to see the finished result.

#178 ·
you motor-boatin son of a gun! i cant wait to see this shit done

#180 ·
^hmm i woulda expected it to be a bit more throatier lol

#181 ·
Sounds pretty damn good to me. That would be insane hearing that noise come from an Altima!

But did they try to put a 370 front clip on that thing? It doesn't line up good with the doors at all. In the first couple vids I thought the car had front end damage that pushed out the front fenders.

#183 ·
lol..sounds like a "Banshee" of GTA Fame.

But THAT sound coming out of a 350z, let alone an Alti...awesome!!

#189 ·
hey altima, i was wondering. Why not try the G35 rear subframe. True the coup is 1 inch wider and the sedan is 1.5 inches less. But there is a good chance it would mess up much better and it is meant to be closer to the ground. It might even handle better.

Any thoughts on that? Please dont flame I am just thinking of what else would work over an SUV rear end.

#195 ·
V8 Swap

Cool stuff!!

Good luck, I hope all goes smooth / as planned!

I went to a D1 Formula Drift event a month ago and was digging the V8 swapped' G35/ 350Z. You are taking it to the next level being fwd Altima.

Pumped to see it come together for you!!

Gonna be a BEAST !!!:banana:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.