The Nissan Club banner

VK56DE RWD Conversion :P

180K views 514 replies 138 participants last post by  diablo2424 
#1 ·
Well some of you may have remember awhile back I was going to do a RWD swap in the Altima. Well the time has come. Its going to be a long process and I'll update u all as much as I can. I ordered my VK56DE from Cali just yesterday that is being sent to E-Shift Performance. Then I'll be breaking down the motor and cleaning it up. I have already removed the whole frontend off the car and I am in the process grinding all the paint down to the bare metal in the engine bay. Just so you all know this isn't going to be a 2 month install job...lol. Its going to take a few months to a year or so. So stay tuned!

Oh yea!!! VK56DE!!!

See less See more
#40 ·
Awesome. I'm assuming it will be an auto? Not sure if I've ever heard of a manual VK. Only thing I worry about with the Altima chassis is the fact that it's built for FWD and the front wheels aren't as far forward as they are on a RWD chassis (think BMW - front wheels tucked right up with the front fender), which will make the car even more nose heavy with a V8 up front. Either way, it will be very cool.

#42 ·
It's going to be a manual, 6speed from a 350z and a company called Wilcap makes the adapter plate. Yes, the chassis will be going under total reconstruction. The biggest challenge I have is not fabricating the engine to fit nicely in the bay, but is the suspension tuning. Its going to be alot of process and error.

#47 · (Edited)
just one question, where the hell do you get the money and time to do this stuff?
+1! Please don't tell me it's because you live with your parents.

but yeah the cash has gotta go somewhere!

Go capitalism!

#48 ·
As a former fabricator, I gotta say this looks fun. I can already foresee some of the work you are gonna do and problems you will run into, but if you can get it pulled off, this will be an impressive machine. Look into a new steering rack. the tranny is gonna go right through the one that is alreay there. maybe take one of a g35 or M35

#59 ·
Damn thats crazy!!! Good luck wit it bro. In for updates

#62 ·
subscribed. i hope in the end the dude dynos and gets quartermile info. would be nice to see what it can do

#66 ·
why the vk if your spending all this money why not sr or rb

#68 ·
All day today instead of actually working on the car I was researching rear subframes and I ordered a 350z rear subframe for $150 on ebay..... This may be some very exciting news when it comes in. If my calculations are correct there is a 99.9% chance it may bolt up..... its hard for me to even belive. We will see in a week folks.

#70 ·
Roll cage! :)

#76 ·
Sub'd for updates. Haven't heard anything about this in a while, so good to hear its still being worked on. Looks like a lot of work, but I'm sure it will be well worth it. Good luck!

#82 · (Edited)
The man hasn't even shown pictures of the engine installed and you're having wet dreams and suffering from premature ejaculation already? Doesn't take much for you huh? I know altima02dub is a man of his word, but what about all those threads with the I'M GOING TURDBO, do you cream then too?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.