The Nissan Club banner

Racingline Solid motors mount now online

5K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  JRod83 
#1 · (Edited)
Just an FYI, these are now available online on the Racingline website. Sorry for the delay in going live with them They have been available as a special order for a while now to those that did special order them via email/PM but I had a mess of other stuff going on that needed taken care of before any website maintenance/updating could be done.

Stock motor mounts are made of rubber to be supportive yet limit vibration as much as possible to keep the car comfortable for the masses who buy them, not the performance enthusiast. In the attempt to keep the car soft, play has been introduced into the mount that cause damaging wheel hop and a lot of engine movement which can actually damage vehicle components during prolonged spirited driving. Shift linkages and gears can possibly be damaged due to the motors rocking motion and misalignment with the shift linkage during aggressive shifts at high RPM.

MMI's help protect against this by keeping the motor in a stationary position during high revving conditions and resist the motors tendency to "bounce" back and forth during shifting or while under load conditions.

Pros
  • Full 6061-T6 billet aluminum construction
  • 2 piece design ensures the insert will not rotate or shift within the motor mounts housing
  • Decreases Motor and transmission movement which in turn improves shifting, drivability & throttle response.
  • Reduce/eliminate wheel hop from excessive engine movement
  • Solid mount kits hold up to the abuse from aggressive driving and powerful engines, (turbo cars for example). The main benefit is that they reduce the torque and power lost from the rubber mounts movement. Rubber mounts absorb the energy and vibrations produced from the torque of the motor. By not allowing that motion and energy to be absorbed, more power is transmitted faster while the drivetrain stays properly aligned.

Prices are $44 for 1 mount (front or rear), or $83 for a set
You can order direct on the Racingline Website. Options exist for both 2.5 and 3.5L motors as the mount dimentions are different sizes between the motors

*Note*
These inserts require the rubber inside your OEM mount to be removed and/or pressed out. Only the aluminum portions will ship.

See less See more
#2 ·
hello i want these mounts insert and can any mechanic or those who do facing for the car wheel rotor doing that and how much is the shipping coast to Bahrain cause i didn't see that there is shipping to my country why don't you add it online to eBay website with shipping coast international and is it for only the front and the back engine mounts not the left and the right engine mounts and it's for life time no need to change it mine is 2006 in my country but it's 2004 according to the shape and design i've seen here what USA car is and any way it fits all model from 2002-2006 right so please answer my question cause my rear one i think making vibration while I'm stop and the gear on D while I'm on traffic light or not moving

#3 ·
sroor9001, yes the mounts across 02-06 are all the same. Most mechanics can handle this job. The front mount replacement is the easiest. Racingline Performance already has a writeup for their other mount inserts here: http://racinglineperformance.com/shop/pc/pdf/L31A34_MMI_Install.PDF

locations are the same, these are for front and rear.

#5 ·
Looking into these Taz. I have a horrible vibration in the floorboards/seats. Im pretty sure its my motor mounts yet again.

I was wondering if aggressive driving really does cause premature failure of the motor mounts? And if so, will getting JUST the rear solid mount help when I have your MMI in the front already? Thanks man.

200hp

#9 · (Edited)
#12 ·
#10 ·
I have solid mounts and the vibrations aren't that bad. It makes my rear view mirror vibrate though. But I think its more of a cool thing than negative. The extra stiffness feels very nice. No negatives so far.

I have red lion mounts. They are very high quality and I can recommend them! I can't say anything about the RL solid mounts though. But the RL y pipe and pre cats are high quality, I'm sure the mounts are too.

#11 ·
Are these solid alu mounts or urethane ( or the material that RLR uses ) ones .Big difference here .

#14 ·
True mate , tried to find the real name ogf what he s using , it s NYLATRON (plastic) . Top materials .

#17 ·
Rockauto stocks aftermarket mounts at considerable discount over oem. Pretty much guarantee you'll need the upper passenger side (torque strut) mount, front is easy enough...if you need the rear, you have my complete sympathy. I also have a transmission mount in the 6MT.

#18 ·
Dammit I had a feeling someone would mention the rear being a pain in the..... Well thanks though, Ill do some shopping around for the best price of mounts so I can have cash to pay someone else to struggle with that rear. Anyone have bad experience with Ebay mounts? I found them there pretty reasonably priced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.