Replace a Fuel Pump on 06 Altima - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-23-2012, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy Replace a Fuel Pump on 06 Altima

I hope that I may get help on this. I have a 2006 Nissan Altima and it is at 80k, I currently would love to sell it, but I am unable too has I just recently was laid off and lately this car has been a nightmare!

Is there a way to find out what type of Fuel Pump I would need for this model? I know the fuel pump either needs to be replace or can it be cleaned out somehow?

The car wants to start and nothing. I put the key in the ignition and start the car, but it's as it needs a kick somewhere to get it starting, but to no avail.

Is replacing the fuel pump something that is easily accessible and not too hard to replace? and if so, how can I found out what brand to get?

Much apprecaited!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-23-2012, 10:10 PM
My little champion...

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Check Amazon for deals on your fuel pump. It's located under the rear bench, very easy to access and the job takes about 20 minutes, probably about 40 minutes if you're paranoid and take your extreme time.

When you do this, you should be on E or as close to E as you can get to, so all the gas in the tank has already been used.

Good luck. Ask any more questions regarding this job, as I have done it myself already. I drive a 2002, which has a slightly different fuel pump, but basically the process is the same.

Start the car, pull fuel related fuse until the car stutters and eventually shuts off. Pull rear bench seat out, two tabs at the base that come forward, then pull up.

Then you'll see where to go from there - the cover will be visible. You only need a few tools and some pliers wouldn't be a bad idea.

Hopefully you are SURE it is your fuel pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armida View Post
I hope that I may get help on this. I have a 2006 Nissan Altima and it is at 80k, I currently would love to sell it, but I am unable too has I just recently was laid off and lately this car has been a nightmare!

Is there a way to find out what type of Fuel Pump I would need for this model? I know the fuel pump either needs to be replace or can it be cleaned out somehow?

The car wants to start and nothing. I put the key in the ignition and start the car, but it's as it needs a kick somewhere to get it starting, but to no avail.

Is replacing the fuel pump something that is easily accessible and not too hard to replace? and if so, how can I found out what brand to get?

Much apprecaited!
#3 Old 05-05-2012, 12:20 AM
There's a brake pedal?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeVQ35 View Post
Check Amazon for deals on your fuel pump. It's located under the rear bench, very easy to access and the job takes about 20 minutes, probably about 40 minutes if you're paranoid and take your extreme time.

When you do this, you should be on E or as close to E as you can get to, so all the gas in the tank has already been used.

Good luck. Ask any more questions regarding this job, as I have done it myself already. I drive a 2002, which has a slightly different fuel pump, but basically the process is the same.

Start the car, pull fuel related fuse until the car stutters and eventually shuts off. Pull rear bench seat out, two tabs at the base that come forward, then pull up.

Then you'll see where to go from there - the cover will be visible. You only need a few tools and some pliers wouldn't be a bad idea.

Hopefully you are SURE it is your fuel pump.

Kev,

Do you know of a write up for this procedure? Or is it pretty straight forward?
#4 Old 05-06-2012, 04:16 AM
My little champion...

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Figured I would revive this, searching for this individually was hard, but I linked it in one of my threads about a great fuel pump price from Amazon - here ya go - http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/eng...de-2002-a.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyBlackonBlack View Post
Kev,

Do you know of a write up for this procedure? Or is it pretty straight forward?
#5 Old 05-06-2012, 04:54 AM

Since money your funds are limited and before you start throwing parts at it, I would strongly suggest to first find out exactly what the problem is. If you start blindly replacing radom parts, it will get really expensive fast!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > Engine Performance (2002-2006)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode