Running super rich? - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-16-2012, 11:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Running super rich?

Just did the 5 piece spacer kit and new NGK Iridium plugs on my 05 3.5SE. The car also has the VIAS Plate done along with an Injen cold air. I still have the exhaust to do but the car is running strangely. Firstly I was lucky enough to have no bad idle or Check engine light after the plugs and spacer kit. But I have little too no low end power any more. After the VIAS plate a big chunk of low end was gone but now its even worse. At WOT the car and gently accelerates until ~3.5-4K RPM then takes off like a rocket. Also in 3rd gear it hits the power band but at 4.5K the power drops off for a second. then kicks back in at 5K, but only in 3rd. Its got a more uneven power band then my brothers evo. Also the plugs I took out were brown all the way up the threads and reeked of gas. I assume I need a tune to lean the car out asap. Does that sound right to you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-14-2013, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
tune

What was your idle at? mine was at 900+ and threw a code after 3 or so days of driving. idle too high. you may have had to do a throttle relearn. did that and it went down to 690-750 around the 750 mark.

how did it all work out? may have had a vacuum leak did you install a new gasket on the plate?
#3 Old 01-14-2013, 06:41 PM
DIY FTW!!!

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think you have problem w/o tune. Also MAF.

Check: http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/200...take-next.html

I believed it would help you for answer and solved problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > Engine Performance (2002-2006)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode