The Nissan Club banner

2002 3.5 running rough

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ennacac 
#1 ·
My 2002 Altima was running extremely rough at 150,000 miles, and after checking my code reader I replaced the spark plugs, the Throttle Body, the MAF sensor and the Temp Sensor. The spark plugs were worn so badly that they had no center electrode left at all, leaving a massive gap, which at first I thought was all that was wrong. Not the case, it still ran terrible after the plugs were changed, to on to the reader and finally after replacing everything else in the order listed above, things are good. WOW, the spark plugs on this motor are a virtual PITA to say the least, everything else, not so much.

It now runs great, but my speedometer is now 9 MPH fast for some reason. Is the speedometer somehow hooked up to all the things I replaced and if so how do I change it back to the 3 MPH is was reading before the repair job?

Tom

#4 ·
From what I can find there is a Automatic Speed Control Device on my Altima, is that just for the Cruise or does it apply to the speedometer as well?

2002 Nissan Altima Sedan Description

The Engine Control Module (ECM) receives two vehicle speed sensor signals via CAN communication line. One is sent from combination meter, and the other is from TCM (Transmission control module). The ECM uses these signals for Automatic Speed Control Module (ASCD) control.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.