The Nissan Club banner

CAI help/opinions

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dzaccord 
#1 ·
Okay so I am stuck between my final two choices and cant decide. I am hoping you all can sway me one way or the other. 2005 Altima 3.5se, 71,000 mi. I cant decide which would be the better fit between the K&N 57 series FIPK or the Injen Sp series.Any input would be appreciated. The Injen boasts bigger gains and I like the extra equipment for a short ram, KN seems to have a better breather and the synthetic tubing may run cooler than metal, I am stuck.

Injen SP1978BLK SP Series Cold Air Intake | Auto Parts Warehouse

K&N 57 Series FIPK Cold Air Intake - Reviews on K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kits - Install

#2 ·
The issue with the AEM is that it is a short ram intake, though the K&N may run cooler due its special materials, it will be getting alot of its air from the hot engine bay, which i imagine will negate the benefits of said tubing.

I think you should run the Injen, you have 2 for the price of one in case you want to switch your setup later and as you said, better gains.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.