The Exhaust Thread - Post clips of your exhaust - Page 41 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 05:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So what is the difference between the pro xs borla vs the boomer series? I also called flowmaster and they told me to expect very deep but quiet sound out of the 40series mufflers. They said quiet because of the low volume a 4cyl. Puts out. I also have a theory about the fm's in that they might create better low end torque due to the chambered design unlike the straight through designs-hence Magnflow...

Last edited by MEMOCAMPOS; 06-14-2011 at 05:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2011, 02:43 PM

hey guys i just put in a cat back exhaust on my car. i put in two flowmasters super 44s. all i have to say is that my car sounds great now. im happy with it 100%. nice real deep sound no rice sound at all. adds some performance to my car. not super loud because i left the resonator on but its loud enough for me. everyone says it sounds perfect and wish their car sounds like mine does i would recomend this to everyone. if you want it real loud then just take out the res. you will be happy with this set up. by the way i have a 2010 altima 2.5 sedan. with a k&n sort ram intake.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:02 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknight89 View Post
hey guys i just put in a cat back exhaust on my car. i put in two flowmasters super 44s. all i have to say is that my car sounds great now. im happy with it 100%. nice real deep sound no rice sound at all. adds some performance to my car. not super loud because i left the resonator on but its loud enough for me. everyone says it sounds perfect and wish their car sounds like mine does i would recomend this to everyone. if you want it real loud then just take out the res. you will be happy with this set up. by the way i have a 2010 altima 2.5 sedan. with a k&n sort ram intake.
How about some sound clips ive been looking everywhere to hear that set up...
Old 06-21-2011, 10:22 PM

I had super 44's before. I got tired of them though.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose3.5 View Post
I had super 44's before. I got tired of them though.
Why did u get tired of them and what did u put on now?
Old 06-21-2011, 11:02 PM

I didn't have a resonator on it so it was really loud and after a while it got annoying. Now I have some Megan Racing Mufflers.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose3.5 View Post
I didn't have a resonator on it so it was really loud and after a while it got annoying. Now I have some Megan Racing Mufflers.
Any chance u still have the 44's laying around?
Old 06-21-2011, 11:21 PM

Hmmmm, I'm not sure if I do.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:16 AM

i dont understand why everyone takes off their resonators...if you do atleast put a glasspack muffler in its place, thats why you get that raspy sound..

IMO leave the res alone and upgrade the mufflers only. I had a MagnaFlow cat-back stainless steel system on my G6 GT and couldnt stand that ticking sound of the piping.. Im looking at just getting some magnaflow 14814's.. my car is a lease and i dont want to spend all that money for the full piping for minimal gains and more noise
Old 06-22-2011, 01:12 AM

ill have to get a better camera i used my phone and the sound quality was horrible. yeah i left my res in and it sounds great as long as you have some music on then you wont hear it. and it doesnt drone at all. got it for 400 installed with new piping

Old 06-29-2011, 09:36 PM

I found a place that'll cut off my mufflers and weld the borlas on for about 50 a muffler. and he tells me that they'll do the midpipe for 60. The thing is, he says he'll just leave the Y splitting pipe that leads to the mufflers since thats expensive to replace.

I can't think of a reason to not go along with this guy's plan. $160 and I get 2.5 inch stainless steel midpiping and borla pro xs mufflers welded on, while also letting me keep all my stuff. Some places charge extra because they plan on keeping your old parts and reusing them. I'm also thinking 4 and a quarter inch round flat- cut tips?

Now i just need my Fujita SRI and i'm done with my exhaust for now!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzen View Post
I found a place that'll cut off my mufflers and weld the borlas on for about 50 a muffler. and he tells me that they'll do the midpipe for 60. The thing is, he says he'll just leave the Y splitting pipe that leads to the mufflers since thats expensive to replace.

I can't think of a reason to not go along with this guy's plan. $160 and I get 2.5 inch stainless steel midpiping and borla pro xs mufflers welded on, while also letting me keep all my stuff. Some places charge extra because they plan on keeping your old parts and reusing them. I'm also thinking 4 and a quarter inch round flat- cut tips?

Now i just need my Fujita SRI and i'm done with my exhaust for now!
yeah its a tough choice. I could go for either some sort of mufflers and have them installed for $60 or go get NISMO exhaust and have it installed for $140...it would still be cheaper than going to the dealership and have them do it though...

Black 2011 Altima 3.5SR -Prem & Sport Pkgs

MODS: 17'' MB Five X wheels, Red Tinted Taillights, 6k door lights and 5k license plate lights.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:43 AM

I looked all through this thread and couldn't find the same setup as I'm going to have so I was looking for some input. What kind of sound, and how loud will this setup be:

Stock headers, Racingline y-pipe, Magnaflow 2.5 inch single inlet/2.25 inch duel outlet y-pipe, Magnaflow 14829 street series mufflers. The resonator will be removed, and all stock piping replaced. 2.5 inch steel piping after the RL y-pipe, 2.25 inch after the Magnaflow y-pipe.

All this on a 2007 3.5 V-6 sedan.

I want it to be significantly louder than stock......but not crazy loud. Low rumble at idle with a good, aggressive sound under acceleration. No ricy bumble bee sound.

The RL y-pipe and magnaflow y-pipe are sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. I'm waiting on the mufflers at the moment......on back order apparently. So I'm wondering if the 14829's will be too conservative and should I go for the 14851's.......again, I don't want OBNOXIOUS loudness or a ricy sound.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Gregor65; 08-13-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor65 View Post
I looked all through this thread and couldn't find the same setup as I'm going to have so I was looking for some input. What kind of sound, and how loud will this setup be:

Stock headers, Racingline y-pipe, Magnaflow 2.5 inch single inlet/2.25 inch duel outlet y-pipe, Magnaflow 14829 street series mufflers. The resonator will be removed, and all stock piping replaced. 2.5 inch steel piping after the RL y-pipe, 2.25 inch after the Magnaflow y-pipe.

All this on a 2007 3.5 V-6 sedan.

I want it to be significantly louder than stock......but not crazy loud. Low rumble at idle with a good, aggressive sound under acceleration. No ricy bumble bee sound.

The RL y-pipe and magnaflow y-pipe are sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. I'm waiting on the mufflers at the moment......on back order apparently. So I'm wondering if the 14829's will be too conservative and should I go for the 14851's.......again, I don't want OBNOXIOUS loudness or a ricy sound.

Thanks for the help.

In my personal opinion, the Racingline y- pipe adds an intensely aggressive rumble, even at idle. Couple that with the removed rez and the 2.5 inch mid piping and you've already created a beast. If you were getting loud mufflers, i'd say you wouldn't want such a aggressive setup but the Street Series should be more than enough to calm down any obnoxiousness.

As for any 'rice-y' sound, you became safe from that the moment you bought a VQ engine. I think your setup will sound awesome once you put it on so be sure to record some sound clips!
Old 08-14-2011, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzen View Post
In my personal opinion, the Racingline y- pipe adds an intensely aggressive rumble, even at idle. Couple that with the removed rez and the 2.5 inch mid piping and you've already created a beast. If you were getting loud mufflers, i'd say you wouldn't want such a aggressive setup but the Street Series should be more than enough to calm down any obnoxiousness.

As for any 'rice-y' sound, you became safe from that the moment you bought a VQ engine. I think your setup will sound awesome once you put it on so be sure to record some sound clips!
Thanks for the input! Since you've probably had more experience with the sounds these cars make with aftermarket exhausts, do you think I'll still have a good sound level with the street series? I want something I can hear.....something that's noticeable and racey/aggressive sounding.....just not something that's going to give me splitting headaches or set off car alarms when I drive through parking lots. I guess my fear is that the street series will make the sound too conservative. I don't want to have all the work done and find out that it's barely louder than stock, you know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > Engine Performance (2007-2012)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode