LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-09-2008, 08:17 AM
keep it simple, kid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Turbo kits/Supercharger for Altima SE-R

so i've been hearing a lot about turbo kits for 3.5 altima's with A/T..and custom superchargers, but i was wondering if there were any superchargers or turbo kits out on the market for Altima SE-R's. if there are..any links?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-09-2008, 08:29 AM
search you n00b!!!

Speedforceracing.com

turbo setup...

i have not heard anything about a s/c setup....

i might have to research...:reading:

Quote:
Originally Posted by altimatelyebony09 View Post
And damn those are some big rotor thingy magigies.
#3 Old 05-17-2008, 06:57 PM

Hey Burdoogo, dude anything that fits a 3.5 fits the SER. Only diff in our cars and the SE is 10hp (not even wheel, thats at the crank) and we have beefed up suspension. So if you find a turbo or S/C for a 3.5 ALTIMA it will fir on your SER. hope this helps, and make sure its for an ALTIMA and the tranny application is correct. Later

06 Alti SER (AUTO) UR Pully 20% underdrive, Cattman Headers and "Y" Pipe, Evo 2 Catback, AT Grounding, Greddy E-Manage Ultimate W/350Z Harness, AEM CAI, Stillen Strut Tower Bar, 333 WHP 242 torque @5500rpm, Kintex IM, Redline Elite. Items still in box, and needed to install. Traux Motorsports Chassis Brace, Racingline MMs,
#4 Old 05-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Altima- Reborn!!!

I was reading a magazine article with a s/c for a G35 sedan. It worked in the article and looked hot! I'd love to find the time to give up the hooptie to have that put in. Then I would probably have to modify my tranny too, then the ... too much work. I wish I could just put a check for $3,500 on my hood and it would give me instant 175 hp and have everything work at the same time. It's a nickle and dime thing when you do one of them installs. First the clutch, then the tranny... I guess I'll be happy with my 260 at the crank.

Nismo- CAI, Suspension, Wheels, Titanium Shift Knob, Oil cap, Radiator cap, floor mats
NWP block plate
Stillen slotted fronts
Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position 245/45R18
Winter- Stock rims and Dunlop Winter Sport M3 225/45/R18
Kenitik 1800HC Battery
U.S. Amps AX600DE amp
Image Dynamics IDmax 12D4 V.3
Stinger roadkill & wire
XM
Viper 5000 proximity alarm
Ultra Remote start- on a six speed!
Nokya Arctic Yellow H11 55W Fogs
#5 Old 05-18-2008, 08:34 PM
2 low 4 fat hoes!!!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
you guys talk about wanting FI so bad but no one coughs up the cash to get it done.

seriously how man yof u would want to pay 2500-3500 for a SC installed? ten people can get this done. just let me kno.

2005 ALTIMA SER 6SPEED
-ENOUGH MODS TO WHOOP YOUR ASS!!!!
-THIRD PLACE IN V6 N/A DYNO COMPETITION AT
NOPI NATIONALS 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swat1279 View Post
Tuko316, that vortec cyclone that you mentioned,ordered 2 and works great. I got great gains Thanks. Oh and your car is sharp dude.
#6 Old 05-20-2008, 09:27 PM
LOL AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUKO316 View Post
you guys talk about wanting FI so bad but no one coughs up the cash to get it done.

seriously how man yof u would want to pay 2500-3500 for a SC installed? ten people can get this done. just let me kno.
That's what I find very funny, it seems that people inquire about the existence of such forced induction set-ups just to sleep better at night knowing they had the choice. But when it comes down to talking cash, they back out.
It's the reason at least one company discontinued the line of Altima turbo because, to put it bluntly, many talked, 3 or 4 actually paid.

Also, it may be the same 3.5 as in the G and Z but don't forget about the engine layout: transversal vs longitudinal. Whole different ball game.

Do what I did. Buy stock turbo, be happy :P

My snail eats rice

synthetic oil drained every 500 miles cause I'm rich | uranium-core sparkplugs | McRae sticker 10hp edition | titanium piston springs | Motul syn blinker fluid | timing advanced 6* Celsius | SE-R tail lights | trunk mount intercooler | oil catchcan with exhaust dumpvalve (see smoke in sigpic) | CLICK to see my turbo
#7 Old 05-21-2008, 04:33 AM
The Infamous

I saw this on the maxima forums Translated version of http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?11071024201997

So Much Mods They All Cant Fit in My Signature
#8 Old 05-24-2008, 01:57 AM
2 low 4 fat hoes!!!

only prob is getting it over here. i seen this too and have the money to buy it. supposedly its around 1000 to get but no way to order it frok taiwan. i wouldnt mind spending the 2500 to have it installed and tuned close to me.

2005 ALTIMA SER 6SPEED
NOPI NATIONALS 2006.

Quote:
Tuko316, that vortec cyclone that you mentioned,ordered 2 and works great. I got great gains Thanks. Oh and your car is sharp dude.
#9 Old 05-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Nitrous Addiction! ! ! !

DAMN i want that S/C kit looks sick and would sound sick.... n e one got n e more info on this???damn nice tho....

TUKO316 lets order and install together haha!!!

2006 6spd SE R-Juiced
2006 Auto-tragic SE R (womans/DD)
#10 Old 05-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Nitrous Addiction! ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by altimaser05 View Post
Damn Dank, you have quite the collection of cars there. You should sell all of them, get the down payment for the GTR and be done with it. LOL. Looks like you could get a down payment and low monthly payments with trading in everything to get it. Think about the power and the fun you'd have with that beast... ah, the insurance too. Maybe it's not such a good idea, at least with my driving record
dont even talk about it i have been thinking and debating that so bad cause i got a lot going into my build for the evo and thats a pretty penny full built on a gt35r setup maybe a 40r not too sure yet... and the damn honda does 11's so that has enough in it too... and i have seriously been thinking that but insurance would kill....and i could keep these cars and buy it if i wanted too but i think thats too much..hard work and investments pay off.....and from what i have heard everyone one i can find to most dealers around here coming all got names on them already.... i mean 73k vs like a E46 or the new m3/m5 would be worth it.. but i think id be driving it too much...cause my SER is auto and was looking for 6spd and old lady gonna take the auto after i swap all the parts i can i really like the alti ser for a daily driver and its fun modding even though its spendy.... new cars and modding = FUN!!!!! and my insurance is not bad but not good

2006 6spd SE R-Juiced
2006 Auto-tragic SE R (womans/DD)
#11 Old 05-25-2008, 08:57 PM

was talking to my brother about that electric s/c and he said they cant spool pressure of the air fast enough to be effective.

He did make a good point...if it was that easy, every car would have it on it.

2005 Altima Se-r(black with black/red interior), 2006 Honda Cbr600rr(orange(flake)with tribal)
#12 Old 05-26-2008, 04:18 AM
Erect Member

tuko, thats the problem with most of the altima crowd - lots of enthusiasm to talk about modding but not so enthusiastic about putting out the money to do so.

to the thread starter, why the hype about modding an se-r though? you really think the se-r is that much different that someone would put out an se-r specific turbo or s/c kit?
what you need to do is hit up someone like guerrero and look at his build. imho, youll be much more satisfied with a turbo and the adjustability of it over an s/c. also, s/c's dont whine like they used to, theyre designed differently now and most of the new setups dont make a lot of noise anymore.

#13 Old 05-27-2008, 03:35 AM
2 low 4 fat hoes!!!

i would never go turbo on the alti. i just spent the day at my boys house. he has a turbo spec-v and had to put in new gaskets everywhere and replace wires because they all melted. there is so much heat from that sucker its not even funny. plus now hes over boosting and hes hitting 15 psi on a stock motor when normally he would hit 8 psi.

i have come to realize that people are all talk.everyone goes crazy over a 70 dollar spoiler and $100 hid's but not for anythin else.

danks when did u get the cams? do u like them or u havent installed them yet? i dont want to install cams yet but they keep calling me.

p.s. i dont know if brian will get rid of the ses but i kno he will make a good header.

2005 ALTIMA SER 6SPEED
NOPI NATIONALS 2006.

Quote:
#14 Old 05-27-2008, 08:26 PM
VQ Powered Grocery Getter

I'd love to do that supercharger.
Have to be worth it for me to do it though.
(they cant spool pressure of the air fast enough to be effective.)
Anyone do it at maxima.org?

How much horsepower gain are we talking about?

I looked at a turbo setup and it costs over $6000.00
Just for the good kit. And I would need someone to install.
That's more than what I can spend.

So if the SC is less it might be an option. I have the money. $2500
Especially if we could do two at a time to make sure they are done correctly.
No SES lights etc.. And even get them from Taiwan

Nismo CAI
Nismo CAMS
Nismo CAT-back & exhaust
Nismo Radiator cap & Oil cap
SSIM Intake, NWP Spacers & VIAS Plate
Racingline Y-Pipe, Endlinks, Tower Strut and Battery BAR, Traction Bars
UpRev EMS
STS, S5 Grill, Fusion 12" Sub, Train Horns , 350 HP 385 Tq Dynotune NO2

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/northeastern-u-s/321997-4th-annual-northeastern-nissan-end-year-meet.html
#15 Old 05-27-2008, 08:36 PM
2010 2.5s Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUKO316 View Post
i would never go turbo on the alti. i just spent the day at my boys house. he has a turbo spec-v and had to put in new gaskets everywhere and replace wires because they all melted. there is so much heat from that sucker its not even funny. plus now hes over boosting and hes hitting 15 psi on a stock motor when normally he would hit 8 psi.
turbo is the best way to go , sounds like your friend just put too much turbo on his stock engine , he needs to build his engine for what he's got .

MY AUTO BLOG (COMPLETE WITH INSTALLS).

http://jimsautoeverything.blogspot.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Technical and Specific Interest Nissan Discussion > Forced Induction Forum (Turbo, SC, Tuning)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode