s13.5 front end conversion? - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-08-2006, 04:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
s13.5 front end conversion?

ok... i just got a brand new 1990 240sx and was wondering what it takes to do a s14 front end conversion... do i just get the s14 fenders and hood and bumper and the bolt right up?... or how does it work?... or do i have to get a whole new front clip?... thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-12-2006, 12:17 AM

well first off.....

the s13.5 is the s13 to s15 conv. the conversion normally involves feders, bumper, radiator support, and headlights. i have seen them done on cars but what you will pay for teh parts you might as well go buy an s14. last time i checked the s13.5 conversion was about 2800 for the kit. now this is a body job so keep in mind that you better either have a straight eye, or measure you gaps and clearences before disassembling your from end. this is a job that i probally would not tackle if you have novice experience, i get a lil uneasy with things like this and i have almost 10 years experience working with cars. but yeah if you want go for it, maybe you can find an s14 at a junk yard that has been rear ended and you might be able to get the front clip for cheap. do some research and good luck. i'm out.
#3 Old 03-12-2006, 05:25 PM

(Thread Starter)
thanks man... well see i bought the car for 600$ with a ****ed up front end... the previous owner had rearended someone... so i need a whole new radiator support and head lights and bumper and one fender atleast... so im open to ideas but i would definatly like to save some cash...if i could
#4 Old 03-12-2006, 08:33 PM

i would just go back to to oem

its will be the cheapest and probally the easiest. or you might just wanna look for another 240 and use the one you have for parts or to make some extra bank with by parting it out.
#5 Old 03-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Ace
Rockin the Kasbah

If you've got an s13, why just get the JDM s13 front end??? Thats 10x easier to bolt up and install than doing an s15 conversion, plus you know that the OEM pieces are going to fit.

No offense, but doing an s15 front end on an s13 should use only the best parts (Masa fenders, OEM lights/hood etc etc etc) Skipping on those parts will only cost you more in the end with fitment labor and etc etc...

97 240 - SR Power - 400whp

365th EN - OIF 3+4

Turbo Altima
#6 Old 03-23-2006, 12:27 PM
GodsDaringDrifter

what he's looking for is an S14 conversion on his S13, check out www.raceonusa.com they have done this several times, it involves conversion fenders, oem headlights, bumper, core support (preferably), and hood for the S14.

this conversion is called an S13.4 conversion.

"If you can't do it loud or in style, why do it at all?"

you freakin heard of Lo-Jack? Ya'll never met me, best call me Thread-Jack

Last edited by LordeShaggy; 03-23-2006 at 12:35 PM. Reason: forgot something
#7 Old 06-10-2009, 08:27 PM

Whats more worth it?

Hey, I've got a 1990 240 and a 1995, the 1990 has a SR20, i got her from a good friend for my first car. One damn good friend haha, but Im intrested in converting one of them with a s15 front end. Is it easier to convert the 1995, or do they both consist of money and time and fab?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN 240SX / SILVIA FORUMS > General Nissan 240SX / Silvia Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode