The Nissan Club banner

Need Help!! *Check Engine Light*

7K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  jus4fun 
#1 ·
hey guys,
i have a 89' 240sx fastback...i have the sohc motor in my car right now and the engine check light is on.....i talked to the mechanic and he said that the 02 sensor is brand new and so he said that it could be a bad connection to the 02 sensor....is that possible? need some help....the mechanic also mentioned that the casing around the throttle cable is loose which causes the car to run and a constant speed the wake up and take off at a faster speed...so basically, it lags then takes off....could that be a problem? need some help thank u....

#3 ·
you can also try and retrieve the code yourself, Im not 100% sure about the 89 sohc but I know on my 91 Fastback DOHC the PCM is located passenger side under the glove box right hand side like where your passenger puts there right foot. remove that plastic cover and there it is. then you follow the instructions on this web site http://www.240sx.org/faq/articles/ecm_codes_doch.htm and that will tell you what is wrong. I found my EGR problem that way. Only bad is it is way to general kinda like that simpsons episode where mr. burns gets his car stolen and chief wiggam activates the cars tracking device " car gone car gone," " Yes we know the car is gone but where has it gone to?" "CAR GONE, CAR GONE!!!" lol anyway turned out it was just a hose that connected the EGR valve to another control valve. good thing I checked it out myself first I was about to buy a new EGR for 90 Bux, fixed the problem with some free rubber fuel line from autozone. good luck

#6 ·
thanks guys, i already did and i went to autozone and they said that they diagnose cars years 96 and above. I also brought it to another shop for another diagnosis and they said that the wiring harness wasn't repaired correctly when the sohc ka24 was swapped...the car was throwing a code 45which was fuel injectors....the mechanics said that if they took a look at the injectors, they would have to replace it...they were charging me $208.00 for one injector.....i just felt that the mechanic was bullshi*ing me because the fuel injectors wasn't leaking at the time of the diagnosis and the mechanic said it himself but i don't even now i still think it's not leaking...the mechanic also said that the car would be throwing random codes due to the fact that the wiring harness wasn't repaired correctly because of the swap...he said that the person who did the wiring didn't use the right guage wires and may cause short...could it be the wiring harness that is just messing everything up? unless that's what i think because the injectors seems fine....thanks for the help guys..

#7 ·
Take it to another mechanic....

Not to be rude, but even the best of shops can have problems with specific car related things like a wire harness conversion! You're going to hafta take it to a specialty shop, or find someone/somewhere online there is a sohc-dohc conversion write up and trouble shoot from there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.