60,000 mile tune-up prices - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2004, 09:03 PM
Alty for sale! Make offer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
60,000 mile tune-up prices

Whats up everybody. Just a quick question. What have you all paid for your 60,000 mile tune-up/check-up? I just got off the phone with 5 dealers in my area and prices range from $360 (+$50 if I need new spark plugs) to $595 which includes spark plugs if I need em or not.

I just found it to be a bit strange that prices can vary so much for a regularly scheduled dealer tune-up. I dunno, what do you guys think? Any feedback appreciated. Thanks

http://www.cardomain.com/id/black99alty
http://www.altimas.net/registry/vehicles.php?vehicleid=1452
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2004, 09:05 PM
It's almost over now!!

sounds a tad pricey...but I'm not sure what they do for a full tuneup at the dealer...

Old 08-03-2004, 09:08 PM
Alty for sale! Make offer

yeah i thought so at first too, he just told me a few things (tranny flush, belt replacement, spark plugs, etc) why you never got a dealer tune-up, just private places? thanks

http://www.cardomain.com/id/black99alty
http://www.altimas.net/registry/vehicles.php?vehicleid=1452
Old 08-03-2004, 09:13 PM

Definitely go to a private place...dealer prices are ridiculous. I just got a quote of $349 + tax for my $60,000 tune up from my local dealer.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:50 PM
I'm Kaustic....B!tch

Quote:
Originally posted by altimize
for my $60,000 tune up from my local dealer.

wow thats three times more than you probably originally paid for the car...hopefully the tune up entails a complete change of vehicle

none
Old 08-03-2004, 10:26 PM
Official Troll

Re: 60,000 mile tune-up prices

Quote:
Originally posted by scimani2
Whats up everybody. Just a quick question. What have you all paid for your 60,000 mile tune-up/check-up? I just got off the phone with 5 dealers in my area and prices range from $360 (+$50 if I need new spark plugs) to $595 which includes spark plugs if I need em or not.

I just found it to be a bit strange that prices can vary so much for a regularly scheduled dealer tune-up. I dunno, what do you guys think? Any feedback appreciated. Thanks
You can do most, if not all, of the work yourself to save some money.

1) Spark plugs and wires, distributor cap and rotor. All easy. If you can install a WAI, then this is no problem

2) Replacing the ATF in your auto. Easier than changing the oil. Just drain the ATF from the pan, and re-fill through the dipstick. If you want to take it a step further, after draining the pan, remove it and wipe it down with paper towels, and re-install back. After driving around, if the ATF still seems dirty, drain and fill again.

3) Fuel filter. It's a bitch to remove the hoses. Other than that, it's easily accessible. It's located on the firewall.

4) The normal stuff, oil, air filter, coolant, you probably already know how to do yourself.

5) Bleeding the brake lines and filling new brake fluid. This is where you may need a friend to help you. It isn't that hard to do as outlined in the Haynes manual.

6) Adjusting the engine timing. It's just a matter of knowing how to use the timing light, and loosening the distributor to twist it.

From http://www.bikemag.com/gear/bikes/021206_schwinn
Commuting isnít sexy. In fact, I donít think commuting even qualifies as cool in most peopleís book. Which is kind of odd when you consider just how much dedication is required to slog your ass to work day in and outódodging errant SUVs and potholes, only to arrive at the office slathered in a thick mucous-y slop. That, in my book, is pretty damn hardcore..
Old 08-04-2004, 03:19 AM
Altimaboy

Quote:
Originally posted by altimize
Definitely go to a private place
No place more private than your driveway! Do it yourself. You can do it!

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
-
John 10:10
Old 08-04-2004, 05:00 AM
Breu Meister

Re: Re: 60,000 mile tune-up prices

Quote:
Originally posted by flarearrow
You can do most, if not all, of the work yourself to save some money.

1) Spark plugs and wires, distributor cap and rotor. All easy. If you can install a WAI, then this is no problem

2) Replacing the ATF in your auto. Easier than changing the oil. Just drain the ATF from the pan, and re-fill through the dipstick. If you want to take it a step further, after draining the pan, remove it and wipe it down with paper towels, and re-install back. After driving around, if the ATF still seems dirty, drain and fill again.

3) Fuel filter. It's a bitch to remove the hoses. Other than that, it's easily accessible. It's located on the firewall.

4) The normal stuff, oil, air filter, coolant, you probably already know how to do yourself.

5) Bleeding the brake lines and filling new brake fluid. This is where you may need a friend to help you. It isn't that hard to do as outlined in the Haynes manual.

6) Adjusting the engine timing. It's just a matter of knowing how to use the timing light, and loosening the distributor to twist it.
ALWAYS replace the transmission pan gasket when servicing the transmission....same goes if you remove the valve cover...unless you just put a brand new gasket on the thing within a month it wont be needed.

R.I.P. 2000 altima SE
Hello...
2003 Majestic Blue 6 speed maxima
Old 08-04-2004, 05:03 AM
Breu Meister

Me and my friend could give you a tune up including the following items which you pay for (only for 50 dollars). Spark plugs, spark plug wires, fuel filter, air filter, oil change if necessary; we will check your tires, check your brakes, check your transmission fluid, radiator fluid, check belts...if your brakes need to be changed, along with your radiator fluid, belts, and transmission fluid it will cost you extra. Changing the brakes will cost you the most because it requires more work than anything mentioned here.

R.I.P. 2000 altima SE
Hello...
2003 Majestic Blue 6 speed maxima
Old 08-04-2004, 06:00 AM
('!')

I got a question. Say i do half these things like spark plugs, wires, etc. and bring it in for a 60,000 ( mine just hit 63,000 and its a 93) Will they change it to factory spec and if they don't, will they still charge me the same if they did those themselves? I just wanna make sure because some of those things i can upgrade instead of getting OEM ones.

My ride...
-My vB Garage-

1993 Nissan Altima
1999.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
Old 08-04-2004, 06:27 AM
(no im not a female)

Re: 60,000 mile tune-up prices

Quote:
Originally posted by scimani2

I think i payed the same amount for the tune up. but It ended up comming out to be around 1200 cuse I got all the fluids changed which the dealer recommended.

1998 altima gxe (auto)
Old 08-04-2004, 11:43 AM

I think I paid $250-275 at the dealer for my 60k. That was a long time ago though, so I'm not sure. Given the same situation again, I would've done it myself.

2009 Subaru Impreza WRX 5-door -- 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon (Stage 2) GONE -- 1998 Subaru Legacy GT

Altima Parts. Buy them or die.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:29 PM
HIT EM UP F0000000

do it your self ,saves money and u learn from it,next time u want to change something u already know how

Old 08-04-2004, 02:42 PM
Back with second verse!

sup joe!! all they do, you can do at home as well, even turn off your service light...is BS what they do to the car...i got 64k on mines...i did mines at 60k too, all you need is the list of things to change and go to discount or pepboys get em' and do it. if you have your service engine light on, you can turn it off yourself, for those who know how to, real simple...you'll spend a fraction of the money and some time, which is fun to anyways.

-manny
Old 08-04-2004, 02:55 PM

Please don't just do a drain and fill on the tranny.. do a complete flush.
there's a LOT more fluid in the tranny than what drains out of the pan. In order to properly flush it all, you need to either remove the torque convertor and valve body, or pay to have a shop use the proper tools and flush it.

it'll cost around $100 to have a shop flush it for you.

the rest of it, you can do yourself- half of it you've already done from a glance at your mod list.

96 240SX- The track toy
93 Maxima SE 5-spd- The Beater
97 Altima- Sold

My Cardomain Site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 1993-2001 Nissan Altima Forums > General Nissan Altima Discussion (1993-2001)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode