The Nissan Club banner

p0300 code

15K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  refreshrate 
#1 ·
My girlfriends 2000 altima was checked by autozone with the code p0300. I've changed the plugs and wires so far. Nothing different. I've searched the forums here and googled with no clear answer on what to do. Autozone said fuel injectors, so I bought techtron. Is he right? Will it work? What else can I do? Replace injectors? I've searched the forums but nothing clear on what to look for or replace. Any help is greatly appreciated

#2 ·
don't ever listen to what autozone tells you. I used to work for them and the most of them are idiots. Take down the information given to you from the scanner and take it to a shop and ask them. But the thing is, all they can do is guess without being able to diagnose it. So the best thing you can do is take it to a shop and give them the scanner readout which might help them in diagnosing it, but I'm sure they'll have their own scanner anyway.

#3 ·
P0300 means a multiple cylinder misfire. This is usually because of intake manifold leaks. Listen to the exhaust pipe sounds. Place a piece of cardboard at the exhaust to listen better to the sound. The sound should be consistent which no change. Otherwise, you have a mifiring going on somewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.