The Nissan Club banner

Speaker Size 2001 Altima

37K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  BeeCee 
#1 ·
One of my front speaker on 2001 altima is ripped and giving me a headache. I do not want to spend too much money. What are my options:
Dealer sells one spekaer for $45.
There is 98 99 altima used speaker available for $25. Will it fit my altima?
I assume OEM speaker are better than cheap checkerauto speakers or jensen speaker at circuitcity

#3 ·
unlucky for us, Nissan were CHEAP! and put 6.5s in our cars. But, you have to look at the depth! chances are, you will have to cut into the plastic piece that holds the speaker that is currently in there. I had to do this. But, then you have to make sure that when you make your window go down that it doesn't hit the speaker.

#4 ·
Are front and back speaker same. I am looking at two different part no with different price. I assume they will be same?
Part no: 28156 0Z410 These are rear speakers
Part no: 28156 0Z400 These are front speakers

#8 · (Edited)
#9 · (Edited)
ok as far as the alt is conserned u can put 6.5 in there 6.75 in there ect im a car installer i put speakers in all day long for years and the only speakers i have seen not fit well are infinity and alpine type r. for the money alpine type s will run u a little more then the pio but will sound very good. the rms power handeling is low enof to be driven off a stock deck but will sing fine with a aftermarket deck. watch for speaker depth cause i have run into issues with deep speakers hitting the glass in the front door and the bars in the trunk. as far as stock speakers are concerned they are different. not in size but in design. the front speakers have a buttion over the tweater and the rear speakers have a paper cone as the tweater for better reflection off the back wind shield. get the paper cone for the rear if replaceing stock speaker. but if u got a aftermarket head unit REPLACE UR SPEAKERS 45 dollors for a stock speaker is a ripp off and yes the jensen speaker will sound better but remember stock speakers have very good bass that is hard to recreate on a aftermarket u can get a good aftermarket for 60 70 bux.DONT BUY A USED SPEAKER!!! the foam surround will flake away with moisture. i have never seen a nisan with out the speakers surround eaten away. pathfinders and maximas are the worst!!! dont go cheap eather. with the spekaer replacement get stock or pioneer alpine infinity(extra muscle to put it but will fit)even kiker or rockford fuzzcrate(inside joke). any other audio questions lemme know im mecp for years and musta done thousands of systems between mom and pop shops best buy circuit city pc richards ect anything from remote starts to lighting!AND I SUCK AT SPELLING just incase u need to shoot ur self in the head from reading my post

#10 · (Edited)
I do not have aftremarlket headunit. I have a stock headunit. I am not looking to spending too much and get a quick fix. Otherwise if I have to do I will get al four speaker replaced and I am looking at pioneer tsg1641r to replace all four. What do you have to say abt it. As well get a new headunit. Pionneed DEH1900. I am still thinking between pioneer and sony

#12 · (Edited)
zixy_tris, go with the Pioneer DEH-3900MP instead of the DEH-1900 or a sony....the DEH-3900 has the best quality-to-price ratio...trust me, i've researched headunits to death before i bought mine. i bought my DEH-3900MP at Circuit City for $182.99 (including installation). Go with the pioneer TSG1641R, they're great, and Circuit City has a buy one pair, get another pair half off sale, i believe, on all car speakers.

#14 ·
Deciding on Sony CDXGT310. It is coming on sale with IPOD interface for $100 installed. Bought sony speakers GT625A yet to install. I listened to pioneer on circuitcity but I have to say sony sounds better. I am not looking for power but crisp sound. Let me know if I am wrong I am open to inputs

#15 · (Edited)
I am using the stock AM/FM/CD/Cassette with 100 watts and my Pioneers sound great with the OEM HU. Any quality speaker Sony,Pioneer,Alpine etc.
Are going to blow away the stock cardboard speakers. Here is a pic of how my Pioneer 6.5" fit

Glenn

#16 ·
Glenn14, did you install your pioneers yourself or did you have it professionally installed?

/threadjack haha but who cares.

#18 ·
I installed the speakers. Both rear and front. they sound much better than stock I agree. But I am gonna get a sony headunit though. I am a big sony fan anyways. The thinh which I find in sony is different from other in similar price is the crispiness of sound. Anyways reagrding installing they are not that bad. Took me 3 hrs to install all four. To be honest I am not a person who works on car a lot. So go ahead and install yourself guys

#22 ·
sony sucks. don't waste your money on them. out of the 2(pioneer and sony) go with pioneers.

#23 ·
let me ask this question in this thread instead of starting a new one.

i have the alpine cda9887 HU and i want to put alpine spr-17c in the rear and alpine spx-17REF components in the front doors. will i have depth issues? mounting issues? just double checking before i buy.

*its a 1999 nissan altima gxe*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.