Car alarm goes off while driving??? - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Car alarm goes off while driving???

I have a 2000 Altima and while I'm driving down the road, the car alarm goes off. It goes off whenever it feels like it. It's quite annoying. Anybody ever have this issue before? Could it be the battery going dead in my key chain remote?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Stop Being Cheap.

The factory alarm is shot. We had a 300ZX (I work at Circuit City) come into our shop about 2 weeks ago and it had the same problem, the alarm wouldn't go off. My supervisor had to disassemble the factory alarm to get it to shut off. I don't know exactly what he did, and I really didn't ask him, he just said the factory alarm was ****ed up. But I assuming the alarm is done, and you can either get it disconnected, or you can have it replaced (which is what the dude with the 300ZX did).

The Alt.
1999 Nissan Altima GXE

SHIFT_Into Drive!

Member's Ride Thread

The Garage

Parts FOR SALE!
Old 06-09-2008, 11:59 PM

I completely disagree. no a low battery isn't going to make your car alarm go off. lol!
your button looks like this -_- when it isn't being used. it looks like this ___ when it has current going through it.
VERY carefully press**DO NOT FORCE A BUTTON DOWN!** a single button. you will feel a click with your thumb. now do it on the alarm button. did it press down correctly? if not, take out your battery in the remote and leave out.**OUT OF ALL THE REMOTES YOU HAVE!** then if it goes off again then there could be another issue. but 99.999999% OF ALL CASES happen because the button is stuck or is not working correctly.

chances are the the system is working exactly how it is supposed to work.
The alarm CAN BE turned on after the car is on. the ONLY thing that can turn off an alarm is putting it into the driver door or using the remote or pressing the lock button on the driver door which automatically locks the rest of the doors.
and the manager that pulled the alarm out of that other car because he didn't know enough about the system to solve the issue.

First BS in Computer Science, second as an Electronic Engineer.
2001 Altima GXE
OBX 4-2-1
2001 F350 - I like big trucks. :-D

Last edited by runcoolisback; 06-10-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:46 AM
Premium Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lol dick.. haha.. well thats not true tho.. cause my aftermarket alarm used to trip out on my old car, then i pulled it out and put in my friends eclipse gst and it worked fine then after a month it started to go off while driving haha... so i dunno and it was a paging alarm so..

KA24DE-T
"The T stands for turbo, which translates to "im boosted bitches"

1991 - 240sx
2001 - Stock Altima
2000 - Turbo'd Altima
Old 06-10-2008, 05:10 AM
Stop Being Cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runcoolisback View Post
I completely disagree. no a low battery isn't going to make your car alarm go off. lol!
your button looks like this -_- when it isn't being used. it looks like this ___ when it has current going through it.
VERY carefully press**DO NOT FORCE A BUTTON DOWN!** a single button. you will feel a click with your thumb. now do it on the alarm button. did it press down correctly? if not, take out your battery in the remote and leave out.**OUT OF ALL THE REMOTES YOU HAVE!** then if it goes off again then there could be another issue. but 99.999999% OF ALL CASES happen because the button is stuck or is not working correctly.

chances are the the system is working exactly how it is supposed to work.
The alarm CAN BE turned on after the car is on. the ONLY thing that can turn off an alarm is putting it into the driver door or using the remote or pressing the lock button on the driver door which automatically locks the rest of the doors.
and the manager that pulled the alarm out of that other car because he didn't know enough about the system to solve the issue.
Wow. I guess things don't malfunction anymore. The alarm in bjb1178's car could be working perfectly fine, but at the same time it could ****ed up just like your reasoning. My supervisor is MECP certified GOLD (highest ranking), and he knows more about this shit then you and me put together. I've seen him fix shit, and do shit that I didn't even know was possible. So don't downplay how my supervisor, who happens to be my boy, handles a situation. And you stated:

Quote:
the ONLY thing that can turn off an alarm is putting it into the driver door or using the remote or pressing the lock button on the driver door which automatically locks the rest of the doors.
I'm guessing you don't think a certified supervisor would try to use the key, or the keypad. I was there when he was trying to disarm it with the keypad, and nothing worked. I was working on another vehicle at the time though, so I didn't get to see what he did and how he went about the situation, but you can be damn sure when I see him again I'ma ask him what he did and what the problem was, and I'ma damn sure post it. Remote starts/alarms/keyless are his speciality, I've seen the man do a remote start/keyless in 40 mins. (*EDIT: numerous times on numerous vehicles) And if you don't know, thats ****ing fast. I work with this shit all day man, you don't know what kinda ****ed up wiring and malfunctioning shit I've seen, I've been doing this for almost 3 years, and my supervisors been doing it for 10+. I learned everything I know from that man, and I also learned that he knows a lot more than your average MECP certified installer. And the 300ZX was a ****ing '92, I think there is a good chance that a factory alarm can malfunction is 16+ years.

The man posted a situation looking for some help. Do you know whats wrong? No. Do I know whats wrong? No. But I damn sure can give an experienced opinion on what hes experiencing. Anything could be possible, what you suggested, or what I suggested. So if you don't agree with me thats perfectly fine, that what this shit is all about, different opinions, but don't go downplaying my knowledge, someone elses knowledge, or what someone suggests on a situation.

Yup!

The Alt.
1999 Nissan Altima GXE

SHIFT_Into Drive!

Member's Ride Thread

The Garage

Parts FOR SALE!

Last edited by BeeCee; 06-10-2008 at 05:57 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:50 AM
slowly losing my sanity..

do those alarms have a valet function that might be turned on?
Old 06-10-2008, 07:13 AM
Premium Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreekee25 View Post
do those alarms have a valet function that might be turned on?
im pretty sure it has an option for the valet mode.. cause my grandpa's 06 camry has the factory alarm, whats wierd is there is actually a key that you give to the valet person and when that key is entered into the ignition it disables the trunk, hood, glove box, and gas tank. dont ask me how but it does and it turns off the alarm so it doesnt go off. im pretty sure you might be able to push buttons or something to make it go into valet.

KA24DE-T
"The T stands for turbo, which translates to "im boosted bitches"

1991 - 240sx
2001 - Stock Altima
2000 - Turbo'd Altima
Old 06-10-2008, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGJoHn619 View Post
Lol dick.. haha.. well thats not true tho.. cause my aftermarket alarm used to trip out on my old car, then i pulled it out and put in my friends eclipse gst and it worked fine then after a month it started to go off while driving haha... so i dunno and it was a paging alarm so..
You have to remember there is a difference between an aftermarket alarm and a factory alarm. Factorys are built into the system and are designed for the car and are fully tested by experts in the field before the car is released to the consumer. of course there can always be issues, but most of the issues are from parts that are moving. Unless if their is noise in the electric which is common when people install electronic devices in cars incorrectly. Aftermarket alarms are not tested for every car and often go off or don't even work at all when not installed correctly or if there is an electrical issue with the car that could trip the sensors or gates.

and BeeCee, I highly recommend you edit your second post down. We need to work as a team to solve issues and not go off on someone else because you think you're always right. Being an Electronic engineer give my point of view some merrit as well. But in the long run, it isn't who is right. We work as a team to find the right answer when we don't know it.

edit. oh ya, our cars do not have a "valet" or whatever that's called in our cars. You can test this on your own. I've already tested it. start your car and press the alarm button. the alarm will activate while the engine is on.**AT LEAST on the 2001 model, this is what happens. As seen before, there are changes in years in the alarms**

2001 Altima GXE
OBX 4-2-1

Last edited by runcoolisback; 06-10-2008 at 07:20 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Stop Being Cheap.

Quote:
and BeeCee, I highly recommend you edit your second post down.
First off, let me say you are wild as hell. Your threatening PM didn't scare me, and please don't do some little girl shit like that again.

Second, I'm voiced my opinion, as did you. And if you really want to get all technicial, and I quote from your PM "Next time wait until the person that ASKED the question replies before you start going off on telling other members how they are wrong." I didn't say you were wrong, I never tell members they are wrong. I have the upmost respect for every members post and knowledge, you can find all my posts and I gurantee it will be self-explainatory. I joined the forums to learn from others, as well as voice what I know. Please practice what you preach! You need to refer back to your post, because you said my supervisor was wrong, which in turn is telling me I'm wrong, because I posted the situation. I could very well be wrong, but at least respect my opinion. Obviously you read the first couple sentences of my post, and didn't read the rest. So what is there to edit? Not a damn thing.

Quote:
We need to work as a team to solve issues and not go off on someone else because you think you're always right.
Once again, practice what you preach, and I damn sure don't think I'm right, but I think I can be helpful. And yet another quote from the PM: "What I wrote is correct and is often user error that causes the issue."

You telling me I think I'm right and I'm a know it all, but you just said you are "correct." So whos really the one claiming they are right here?

Quote:
Being an Electronic engineer give my point of view some merrit as well. But in the long run, it isn't who is right. We work as a team to find the right answer when we don't know it.
It isn't whos wrong or right, I said that the first time, but obviously you didn't comprehend what I posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeCee View Post
The man posted a situation looking for some help. Do you know whats wrong? No. Do I know whats wrong? No. But I damn sure can give an experienced opinion on what hes experiencing. Anything could be possible, what you suggested, or what I suggested. So if you don't agree with me thats perfectly fine, that what this shit is all about, different opinions, but don't go downplaying my knowledge, someone elses knowledge, or what someone suggests on a situation.
Everything you are trying to say, "we need to work as a team",
"it's not about whos right", I basically already summed up in my previous quote. In my first post I simply stated a scenario that could be comparable to the situation that was posted, and you responded by saying "and the manager that pulled the alarm out of that other car because he didn't know enough about the system to solve the issue." The manager is my boy, and you downplaying his knowledge is downplaying me because I respect his opinion, and learn from him. So before you go reporting my post and telling the principal, please look at your own negative inquiries and understand your disrespective manner of proving a point provoked me to break down your post. (And I wasn't even going to reply to your disagreeing post because I respected others opinion and knowledge, until I saw that you disagreed with my opinion in a disrespectful manner.)

So why don't you be the team player you are preaching about and respect others posts, and suggest your opinions without disrespecting others.

Yup!

The Alt.
1999 Nissan Altima GXE

SHIFT_Into Drive!

Member's Ride Thread

The Garage

Parts FOR SALE!
Old 06-10-2008, 10:05 PM
slowly losing my sanity..

Quote:
our cars do not have a "valet" or whatever that's called in our cars. You can test this on your own. I've already tested it. start your car and press the alarm button. the alarm will activate while the engine is on.**AT LEAST on the 2001 model, this is what happens. As seen before, there are changes in years in the alarms**
the valet function i was referring to is when you flip a toggle switch to make the alarm automatically arm itself about 30-60 seconds after all doors are closed (w/engine off). a test for valet function would involve NOT using the remote. that's the whole idea of the feature: not handing your alarm remote over to the valet. (you know, those guys that park cars...)
anyhow, it sounds like these car alarms don't have this feature.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreekee25 View Post
the valet function i was referring to is when you flip a toggle switch to make the alarm automatically arm itself about 30-60 seconds after all doors are closed (w/engine off). a test for valet function would involve NOT using the remote. that's the whole idea of the feature: not handing your alarm remote over to the valet. (you know, those guys that park cars...)
anyhow, it sounds like these car alarms don't have this feature.
yes, when the car is locked and maybe off. after a certain time period**depending on which setting you choose. yes you have a choice** it will arm itself. I do know you can arm the car with the remote while it is on. but do not believe using the button to lock the doors will arm it while the car is on. If it does arm, something as simple as a switch on one of the doors or front hood could be setting off the alarm.

and for the last time BeeCee, you have an issue. please solve it OFF OF these forums. That makes two posts that was completely problematic. If you have something to add to this thread, be my guest. But don't pick fights with other members.

2001 Altima GXE
OBX 4-2-1

Old 06-11-2008, 03:46 AM
Stop Being Cheap.

Quote:
and for the last time BeeCee, you have an issue. please solve it OFF OF these forums. That makes two posts that was completely problematic. If you have something to add to this thread, be my guest. But don't pick fights with other members.
You're a character. You are oblivious.

The Alt.
1999 Nissan Altima GXE

SHIFT_Into Drive!

Member's Ride Thread

The Garage

Parts FOR SALE!
Old 06-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Stop Being Cheap.

Well runcoolisback, you have the audacity to keep sending me PM's, and then block my PM's in response to you? Well I don't want to do this, but since you are blocking personal contact, I have a right to reply to what you PM'ed, and I will put it out there for everyone to see.

I wasn't even going to reply to these childish PM's you sent me, but I got too, because maybe you will finally realize the only reason I replied in this thread is because YOU (you as in runcoolisback, if you couldn't figure out I was talking about you) disrespected me, and my suggestion that I posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runcoolisback
You've been reported for the third time. Thank you for your help on these forums, but your attitude on these forums is what will get you banned.
You feel better now that you reported me? I guess you can't handle you own problems which YOU STARTED, and have to result in telling higher power. And if you honestly think I would get banned for the posts that I exposed you on, then you are dumber than I think you are. I guess anybody can be engineers these days.

Quote:
btw, circuit city installers are some of the worst non technical people and should not be touching peoples cars. They do not have the training nor do they have the education to back anything they say to anyone.
Oh really? Well my supervisor who you bashed on your first post went to specific schooling for 3 years for his MECP certification, and he recieved his bronze, silver, and gold levels of certification. Obviously you don't know what that means, it means he knows more about this shit then you will ever know. I'm on my way to getting my bronze, so you can do your own personal research and see that will qualify me for multiple jobs (which I won't even be taking advantage of because it's not what I'm majoring in college), and it will bring me more knowledge and experience with car electronics specifically, Mr. electrical engineer.

Quote:
As I am in the 100k area and will conquer this world, you will always be in the 10k area because you won't ever get promoted with an attitude like this.
Conquer this world. Who the **** do you think you are, Hitler? I'm 20 years old and in college dumbass. The Circuit is my part time job. When I'm done getting my masters, then come talk to me.

Quote:
leave me alone and other members alone. after this message, I'm blocking all communications from you forever. bye bye.
Other members respect me on here. I try my best to help multiple members out, and I get PM's on specific shit at least once a week. I never had a problem with any other member, but you. You have just had something against me because I told you that Dual in your dash is a piece of shit. And if you really are a electrical engineer like you say you are, then you wouldn't even posted that thread needing help in the first place. I don't believe you are a engineer at all. You said I was being "Racist" against the brand Dual, what kind of educated man would use the terminology "racist" when referring to a car radio? I think you were looking for the word bias, try using a dictonary. And no one who makes 100K rants and raves and brags about it, a educated engineer wouldn't bring that into a conversation to prove a point.

Quote:
I do hope that you understand what you've done wrong and will conquer that and become a better person.
You know what, maybe I could have been a little less harsh, but I don't take SHIT back. YOU STARTED IT, YOU DISRESPECTED MY OPINION/SUGGESTION, and I guess you didn't expect me to reply to that. If you would of kept your dumbass, ignorant, stuck up remark to yourself, maybe you would have saved yourself some time and you wouldn't have to send me gay ass PM's, and report me like a little 1st grader.

Quote:
But then again, I'm guessing you're some 16 year old punk kid that gets whatever you want from your mommy and daddy.
I'm 20. In college, and have a job. Pay on my car, pay my insurance, and paid for all my modifications that make my car hotter than anything you will ever have Mr. 100K. Don't PM again, and please don't ever comment on anything I say, and I will damn sure do the same. Stick to complaining about your MPG.

And please...feel free to report me for a 4th time.

The Alt.
1999 Nissan Altima GXE

SHIFT_Into Drive!

Member's Ride Thread

The Garage

Parts FOR SALE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 1993-2001 Nissan Altima Forums > General Nissan Altima Discussion (1993-2001)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode