HELP!! Driver side window will not go up! - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-11-2009, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation HELP!! Driver side window will not go up!

My driver side window on my 00 gxe will no go up, but it will go down. On the master switch, the passenger and rear windows all function properly, but the driver side is not going up. Right now, it's about 25% up, and it is supposed to rain tonight, so i would be so gracious to anyone who could help me out with this ASAP!!! Thanks!

Justin

Current:
2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
Mystic Emerald
8 Speaker, 6-cd Bose sound system
Leather
The works.

So long, my faithful friend!
2000 Nissan Altima GXE Auto
SilverStar Ultra Headlights
Pioneer DEH-P3900MP deck
4 Alpine SPS-17C2 's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-12-2009, 02:38 AM

I had a similar problem with my '97 recently. To get it up quickly, you can try working the switch, and manually grab the window and help pull it up. Does the motor make any unusual noises while attempting to roll up? My window would get about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up, then the motor would groan and grind. Rolling down would be no problem, but going up was another story. I have a window regulator and motor scheduled to be delivered on Friday.

Good luck!

Ryan
#3 Old 02-12-2009, 02:57 AM

Most likely the window regulator, if you hear the motor trying to roll it up... I've changed out about 3 those in my old Alti. It's not that hard to change out yourself, part is about $45-60, I forget. But it should take you about 1.5 hours if you are somewhat mechanically inclined.
#4 Old 02-12-2009, 03:20 AM
Retired 2nd Gen'er.

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I had this problem recently. My driver side master control switch is going, and one day my driver side window just wouldn't go up. I popped the trim piece with the control switch in it up (just pop it up from the front), and just unplugged the harness from the control, blew in it lol, and plugged it back in, and the window went back up. That was after trying to turn the car off/start it like 10 times. It takes like 2 seconds to pop that trim piece up, its easy. It may not solve your problem, but its worth a shot. Somehow it worked for me lol.

The Alt.
1999 Nissan Altima GXE

SHIFT_Into Drive!

Member's Ride Thread

The Garage

Parts FOR SALE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 1993-2001 Nissan Altima Forums > General Nissan Altima Discussion (1993-2001)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode