Fresh Air Vent Switch Broken - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-04-2011, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Fresh Air Vent Switch Broken

my fresh air vent switch/lever (next to the dash vent) seems to be stuck open. just from feeling the switch when i move it from open to close, there doesnt seem to be any tension on it what-so-ever, and i dont hear anything moving inside the dash.

i was looking through the service manual about a fix, and it talks about an arm that is connected to the switch, which moves a door inside the heating and cooling system. however, i dont think it says where it is located exactly, and whether i can get to it w/o tearing the dash apart.

i'd be perfectly content with just closing it, and being done with it. if its something super-easy to fix, and nothing is broken, then id give it a shot. but really, i just want it closed. can i get to the door lever w/o tearing the car apart?

FREE Nissan Service Manual PDF's

I dont own any nissan's right now, but will be back one day!

CLICK THE "THANK" BUTTON IF MY POST HELPS YOU OUT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-04-2011, 08:05 PM
What's a speed limit?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Unfortunetly no i don't believe there is a way of getting to that particular part without taking the dash apart. However, it isn't all that difficult to take the dash apart Once you have the pain dash shroud popped out you can easily see the switch you are talking about that opens and closes for the vent.

2001 Altima SE
Premium Sound System
NISMO Performance Exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 1993-2001 Nissan Altima Forums > General Nissan Altima Discussion (1993-2001)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode