The Nissan Club banner

2010 Dark Slate Altima Mod/Build Thread

96K views 549 replies 50 participants last post by  brianbunge 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I finally got around to doing a ride and build thread. I have a 2010 Dark Slate Altima Sedan 2.5 S that Ive been modding since mid 2012. I have a lot of old pics and new pics. I really didn't start modding until I found this site. Hope you enjoy!

2010 Dark Slate Altima 2.5 S Sedan

-Current Mod Lists-

EXTERIOR****
-Stillen front lip
-19x8.5 +35 Gunmetal Nismo Rays A34's
-245/40/19 Goodyear Eagle RSA Tires
-Nismo Carbon Fiber Valve Stem Caps
-LED Bright White License Plate Lights
-Nismo License Plates Frame w/Nismo screw covers
-Nismo Side Skirts Aero Kit
-Nismo Rear Corners Aero Kit
-Trunk Finisher custom painted by Wickster
-OEM grille custom painted by Wickster
-M3 Roof Lip/Spoiler
-OEM Trunk Spoiler w/LED's
-Rain-X Latitude Wiper Blades
-Depo LED tails - Black Housing
-Black Satin custom Door Handle Covers
-25% Llumar Tint all around
-Debadged Trunk
-Custom Carbon Fiber backed trunk burger
-OEM Fog lights w/stalk
-B@t GTR style 6/10 headlight vinyl overlays
-Trim Brite blacked out window trim

CUSTOM HEADLIGHT RETRO****
-Done by Xotic Reflectionz, Rob-The Inspiration
-Quad 3" FX-R Projectors
-Gatling Gun Shrouds Color Matched
-Custom Housing Painted Matte Black
-100mm White Halos
-Morimoto 35w Ballast
-35w XB Bulbs
-Butyl Sealed

INTERIOR****

- Red GTR push start button
-Brushed Aluminum OEM Altima Logo Kick Plates Front/Back
-All Weather OEM Altima Logo Floor Mats Front/Back
-LED Bright White Interior lights everywhere
-BT Designs Bright White LED Trunk Lights
-BT Designs Bright White LED Footwell Lighting
-Nismo Brushed Aluminum Pedals and Foot Rest
-Nismo Door Badges Ultra Thin
-Leather OEM Armrest Swap
-Eonon GM5168 Head unit with Navigation
-Alpine SPR-69 6.5" door speakers; SPR-60 6x9 rear deck
-Dynamat Extreme in door panels and rear deck

PERFORMANCE /SUSPENSION/ ENGINE****

-D2 Coilovers
-Racing Line Rear Sway Bar
-Racing Line Rear End Links
-Racing Line-4DZC Powder Coated Shadow Chrome Strut Bar w/Wrinkle Black Brackets w/Nismo badges
-Racing Line-4DZC Powder Coated matching Shadow Chrome Battery Tie
-K&N Typhoon SRI-4DZC Powder Coated in Gloss Performance Red
-K&N Black Filter Wrap
-2J Racing Light Weight Pulley in Anodized Red
-Nismo Chrome Radiator Cap
-Nismo Chrome Oil Cap
-Redline Tuning Elites Quick Hood Lifts
-Ichiba 15mm rear spacers pending fender rolls
-Brakemotive Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/Power Stop ceramic pads
-BT Designs LED Engine Light

Future mods
Grounding Kit
Sound deadener in the trunk and under the hood
OEM Calipers-4DZC Powder Coated in Shadow Chrome w/matching lug nuts - Coming soon
Stainless steel brake lines
Leather interior swap
RL front end links
4" exhaust tips vibrant 1207's
Turn signal side mirrors
Engine cover custom painted
B@t rear valence overlay - Received need to install
Headlight Retro - Its happening now

How it all began, bone stock from the dealership[/I]

Before the wheels and after a few Mods, mesh grill, door handles, taillight bezels, chrome door strips, and oem trunk spoiler......yeah I like the chrome lol.

to be continued...............

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I went from Texas to Ohio for work in late may of 2012 and had nothing to do but work and mod.

I was amazed by the scenery and views up here

Started to do a little bit here and there and everywhere,
Changed all my interior bulbs to bright white led's in a Holiday Inn parking lot

#5 · (Edited)
My best tank of gas was driving to Ohio

BT Trunk Light

junk in my trunk

a wise man said something about engine bay cleanliness/design one day and it got me thinking,
added some nismo caps, and wiped it down

added the aluminum altima kickplates

Back seat view

#6 · (Edited)
I knew as soon as I put those damn chrome side door pieces on that I had gone to far, overdosed on chrome if you will. lol, I tried to make them work but they had to go, they were not easy to remove but well worth it.

65 pound line, goo gone, technique and patience

good riddance

#7 · (Edited)
Made a post one day and member 4DZC chimed in with some suggestions, we started talking and came up with some ideas on how to make the engine bay look better, Oh and he just so happens to be a master in powder coating.

Stock engine, minus a couple of caps and battery tie

started makin moves.........damn Lawrence you did a great job I love this pic

K&N Typhoon SRI install and black chrome battery tie

Racing Line black chrome strut bar

#9 · (Edited)
Nismo side skirts and rear corners going on

Action shots

They were going on rain sleet or snow....had it all lol

At the football hall of fame in Canton Ohio

Ok, I think Im current, been wanting to do this for a while, I guess after installing the Nismo kit, SRI, Strut Bar, Hood lifts, and the infamous 2J racing pulley all in 2 days motivated me...............I gotta thank 4DZC-Lawrence for all his help and advice and my buddy Johnny aka The Wolf (what you never seen Pulp Fiction lol)

I hope to be able to continue to mod the ride and update this thread more in the future and get feedback on the good the bad and of course the ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 ·
looks good. especially after taking off the door strips. id say loose the tail light bezels n drop it

#15 ·
Good updates. It's always good to see how a car progresses. The powercoated parts are a nice addition. I have to agree with you, Lawrence is 'da man'. Do you have plans on lowering it?

#17 ·
Thanks guys, lower it? Ehhh I won't say never I've owned lowered vehicles before, but probably not. Now if you had coil overs, shocks, struts, alignment on a silver platter I couldn't turn it down. And yes he is da man!:)

#19 ·
Sub'd! Wonderful progress so far. Cant wait to see whats next. :) Curious, what are the tailight bezels made out of?
(Thanks for the kind words)

#21 ·
If you wanted to, you could use the Duplicolor Shadow kit on everything chrome. It comes with 2 cans...the dark shadow translucent grey that makes it look like black chrome, and a clear topcoat for protection. I think it would work very nicely for you. Its a DIY'er type job. :)

#22 ·
Was that a friendly hint hint lol ??????

This the right stuff? If so I think I like it
Dupli-Color :: Shadow

the grill is a bolt on overlay so that would be easy to remove. You think this could be done to my door handles and taillight bezels while they are still on my car? just a real good tape job?

Thanks for the resource, i had never heard of this stuff. :)

#23 ·
Yep thats it. I watched them do a pair of wheels in that stuff and it turned out great!
lol so much for a subtle hint. lol

#24 ·
Id say just take the tail bezels off and leave the handles chrome. Since you have a chrome trunk bezel, chrome rims, and the windrow trim is chrome it would look weird to start mixing in randomly shadowed bits of chrome. Although if you were gonna shadow ALL of it (and lose the tail bezels) that could be cool. I'm gonna have to find a pic of wheels done with that stuff.

#25 ·
Yeah, getting it all to match would be my fear. But I think I would like that look. If I did it I would go all in and do the grill, wheels, handles, trim. But in reality, I think lose the bezels and go with a light tint overlay on the tails. I think a darker tail would match the chrome better than a red tail.

#26 ·
lookin good keep up good work

#28 ·
You have come along way Petty, its nice to see your mods at work :)
As I have told you on many occassions get rid of those bezels lol, a drop would be nice maybe on Eibach, Maybe OEM paint the chrome trim on the trunk for a cleaner look. Now that you have rims, paint those calipers or if you can buy an extra set have lawrence powder coat them for you haha cant go wrong there. Just my 2 cents...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.