2010 Slate 3.5` - Page 2 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 02-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Nissan Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Preliminary report seems to indicate pretty I think an led would kill this but in a few ill tell you I'mthe brake llight is bright asvhell and the reverse light just concerned when the led board dies I'm screwed

2010 Altima 3.5l, Bone stock with Injen WAI, hyper white Leds, 35% tint,blackout emblems, racingline footwell kit, Carbon fiber roof spoiler, Polk Speakers, JVC DD, Eibach Dropped

Track time stock-14.74s/quartermile

My build Thread---http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/mem...ml#post4335617
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 02-15-2013, 06:07 AM
Nissan Enthusiast

(Thread Starter)
So i came home and had these waiting for me......

was so excited i started the project a little today. NOW I unfortunately am not savvy enough to wire it through the little hole under the wheel well, and i am not adventurous enough to cut into my firewall through a grommet. I decided after wracking my brain to come through the fender itself. It looks just as good and i gotta say was less of a headache for me. Power wire is fully ran and ready to go. Ground is also good to go. Tomorrow morning im going down to the dealer to pick up my double din stock piece. and then ill wire down the RCAS and speaker wires.......About 2-3pm my speakers, and headunit will have arrived from UPS. I start work at 5 so i think the process wont be completed until saturday in the afternoon (after i meetup with Winterfrost and pick up my roof spoiler). I'm getting excited.
Any way heres what i did

connected to battery.
Kit came with the fuse attached.
Wire goes into loom and then at the back portion dips into the fender.
here if you look to the left you will see the grommet for firewall i said to hell with that. Took a long screw driver and poked through that fabric inbetween the fender. It was a tight fit but it worked.
YOu can see this is where it comes out. No it does not pinch with the door fully open i checked before i went any further.
here you can see the slit i put in the one tube to feed it into the door. Same tube you use to fish speaker wires into doors.
this is where the wire comes out if you use that hole. Perfect
feed the wire through had no issues.

2010 Altima 3.5l, Bone stock with Injen WAI, hyper white Leds, 35% tint,blackout emblems, racingline footwell kit, Carbon fiber roof spoiler, Polk Speakers, JVC DD, Eibach Dropped

#18 Old 02-15-2013, 06:07 AM
Nissan Enthusiast

(Thread Starter)
right into the back seat.

Now i did use 4g wire not 0/1 gauge like some of you people. My system is not massive there is no sub so i dont think if you use a thicker wire this fender spot will work but o well. Anyway more updates as i go.

#19 Old 02-15-2013, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
I would NOT run that power wire the way you did. There is a great potential over time for the door to chafe the wire enough to expose bare wire. I was an installer/sales counselor at Circuit City many, many years ago, and bro we once watched a car burn down like that outside of our bay in Daytona. The guy had wired his car similar to yours. Only trying to help ya out. The best and safest method is away from any potential hazards. More difficult, but thru the grommet is the best method. Another is under the car with a re-entry under the rear seat or trunk, tucked in flex loom and zip tied safely out of the way along the side of the underside of the car. Did you fuse the main power wire at the battery?

**NVM** I see the fuse...Looks good.

Wheels/Suspension: 5Zigen 19x8 Pro Racers-Falken F452 245/35/19 Tires-Eibach Sportline Springs
Visual: S5 Grille-20% Tint-M3 Window lip Spoiler-LED Cluster/Switches-TWM Weighted Shift Knob
Performance: C-man Headers-C-man 3" Y-Pipe-Magnaflow Exhaust-PNP'd Heads w/Ferra Valves-RevUp Oil Pump-Pulley-JWT C9 Cams-Haltech Platinum ECU-Fujita5 CAI-Weisco Pistons-ARP Head Studs
Audio: Kenwood DNX-9140-ZED Leviathan-Focal Speakers-Sound Deadened-XBox-270Amp Alt

Last edited by 4DZC; 02-15-2013 at 06:20 AM.
#20 Old 02-15-2013, 06:21 AM
Nissan Enthusiast

(Thread Starter)
the fuse is 6 inches away from the battery before it goes into the fender. I get what your saying about the door chaffing. but i look very carefully at the way the door opens and closes and it is not rubbing at all i will triple check in the morning i may even put a wire loom around it. I know the best way is through the grommet but im about 300lbs i cannot get up under the dash to push through it not to mention im nervous as hell.
but again in the morning after i get back i will check it again and make sure it is not rubbing against anything.

#21 Old 02-15-2013, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

Have you figured out for sure where your going to mount your amp?

Wheels/Suspension: 5Zigen 19x8 Pro Racers-Falken F452 245/35/19 Tires-Eibach Sportline Springs
Visual: S5 Grille-20% Tint-M3 Window lip Spoiler-LED Cluster/Switches-TWM Weighted Shift Knob
Performance: C-man Headers-C-man 3" Y-Pipe-Magnaflow Exhaust-PNP'd Heads w/Ferra Valves-RevUp Oil Pump-Pulley-JWT C9 Cams-Haltech Platinum ECU-Fujita5 CAI-Weisco Pistons-ARP Head Studs
Audio: Kenwood DNX-9140-ZED Leviathan-Focal Speakers-Sound Deadened-XBox-270Amp Alt
#22 Old 02-15-2013, 06:30 AM
Nissan Enthusiast

(Thread Starter)
not 100.....vital gave me the idea since my amp is smaller to drill 4 holes in my rear deck drop some bolts and make a shelf in my trunk so the amp is suspened. It looks like a tight fit im wondering if instead i can turn the amp upside down and drill it to the rear deck, it does have 2 fans........Right now all im concerned with is getting everything wired, powered, and working. Then since ill have spare wires ill decide whether to suspend it mount it upside down or bolt it to the seat. However bolting to the seat is my last resort. Id rather not.

#23 Old 02-15-2013, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

Well dont mount an amp upside down. You will shorten the life of the amp because instead of the heat radiating off of the top of the amp, the heat sink, mounted upside down the heat goes back up across the amp's board inside. Not upside down. I like the suspended shelf Idea, I cant remember if I gave that idea to Vital or not. Been a while.

#24 Old 02-15-2013, 06:55 AM
Nissan Enthusiast

(Thread Starter)
yeah theres only like 3 pics on the forum of them......i have to see if it will work not quite sure how im going to go about it. it looks as though if i have it off to the side a little near passenger speaker it will fit.just gotta figure out how low to drop it and what to use......obviously rear seat is simple. but shelf seems cool

#25 Old 02-21-2013, 05:22 AM
Nissan Enthusiast

(Thread Starter)
So today i got the chance to install the SPoiler I bought from Winterfrost.
Now he said he only used tape on the sides of the spoiler me being anal and worrysome as i always am it scared me thinking two strips were keeping this thing from flying off so i put one strip on the sides and 3 smaller strips in the front one dead center and the other off inbetween the side and center. Wing and car were cleaned with soap and water. Dried then alcoholed, dried, then when the wing was put on i taped the wing down under pressure and added about 5-7lbs of weight on top and let it sit for 30 minutes. After thirty minutes as i removed the tape i heated the spoiler with a hairdryer just to give it some extra stick.....i went and gave it a tug and i dont think its coming off anytime soon.

I also finished my radio install

#26 Old 02-21-2013, 06:50 AM
Vision Quest

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thumbs up

I like it, looks like it blends in real good.
#27 Old 02-21-2013, 07:00 AM
Nissan Enthusiast

(Thread Starter)
I love the stereo does everything I want and if you wanted they have a color that just about matches stock.... Wing looks great like I said it's a hair off if you look at the first pic u can see o the passenger side it'sa llittle short from being flush but I'm happy with it and it's too big a pain to remove......... This summer I'll install my yellow hid fog lights and save up or my jl stealth sub

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Technical and Specific Interest Nissan Discussion > Member Rides

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode