The Nissan Club banner

Thanks NC! (tl;dr)

11K views 53 replies 18 participants last post by  RIZAMAN 
#1 ·
After a solid 7 years of Altima ownership & Nissanclub membership, I've finally decided to move on

Not sure if anyone noticed but I've tried a few times to sell my car, but ended up getting cold feet and keeping it because I loved it so much. My Altima served me very well and to me this car is a great balance of performance, practicality, reliability and value, and for this reason, I've had a hard time letting it go.

I went thru think and thin with my Alti and put in some very solid years of service, and the help this community provided along the way is much appreciated. I mainly lurked the maintenance/tech issues and photos for inspiration (I remember "spike" being a big one), but did my best to weigh in with answers or help someone if I could.

I guess I didn't stray too far with my new car, but the driving experience is VERY different.

Out with the old (06 Atlima SER 6MT :shift:):

In with the new (13 G sedan 6MT :shift:):

Mainly planning cosmetic mods for now, would like to do mild drop with 19" coupe wheels eventually but I'm more than satisfied for now.

Thanks again folks! I do plan to stop by once in a while. I also have to check my grandparents' basement to see if I have any Altima goodies to put up for sale!

(sorry if this post came off too sappy or boring!)

See less See more
#7 ·
^thanks, I did my best to take care of it over the years, the buyer was pretty surprised about the condition. Always like your car, simple and clean

Thanks a lot guys, it seems like there's a lot of people I remember on here that's moved on as well, but great to see others staying with the community and doing cool stuff to their Altimas

Although driving the G is pretty different from the Altima :ser:, it still kinda feels like a natural progression to it ... Also glad I stuck with the stick shift

Anyone recommend a tint %? I was thinking 25% since the seats a light?

#10 ·
thanks, I was happy with my Altima so I figured I'd stay stick with Nissan (noisy timing chain tensioners notwithstanding :rolleyes:). Looked at the 335i and s4, but I think it'd be hard to argue that infinti doesn't offer the best balance of performance, reliability and value in the segment (got the G for $36k+ttl, an equivalently equipped s4 was $50k+!)...just couldn't justify the extra front-end cost AND reliability issues AND maintenance costs (I plan to hold on to this car for 6yrs probably more)

Now let me have your coupe wheels!

That is being a very common transition for many altima owners.
based on your sig you're one of them! Nice G and alti man

#11 ·
congrats on the purchase! hope u stick around still atleast in OT like a few of us that have sold the altis.

#13 ·
thanks! Your SER is gone?! Your car was really nice, those gunmetal 19s are serious. Hope it's in good hands now, I'm sure the EVO is serving you well

I've had the G longer, but i did have my old 1st gen altima when i got the G. I almost traded my current altima for a black on black G37 Sedan 6MT a few months back. It was REALLY REALLY tempting
DO IT. Although I was very pensive about getting rid of my altima for a bunch of reasons, I don't regret the move at all (I thought I was going to for some reason) and I couldn't be happier with the G (and I think it will only get better after break-in :shift: )

#12 ·
I've had the G longer, but i did have my old 1st gen altima when i got the G. I almost traded my current altima for a black on black G37 Sedan 6MT a few months back. It was REALLY REALLY tempting

#18 ·
^Thanks man, always admired your car, lots of time and sweat and $$$ I'm sure (I think I may have seen you on the belt pky once!).

Based on my shopping, it seems like the 6MT sedan reps a pretty tiny fraction of G's on the road, which is why I was surprised at how great of a price the dealer offered

Gotcha.

I think my 320hp is tons of power I couldn't imagine driving that caddy, serious automobile right there

yeah, traded in couple days before new years. miss it from time to time, but the Evo is a lil more fun to say the least. :)
I'd imagine the EVO would offer quite a different experience :shift:

It's sad to say but once this break-in period is over (almost there!), I think I'll start forgetting about the Alti more and more. guess we all need to move on at some point, but the Alti will never be forgotten (hope the buyer takes somewhat good care of it, but can't really worry about that!)

Congrats on new ride , would ve done the same I guess .
Thank you sir

Kinda want to take some better photos but it filthy

#16 ·
Congrats on new ride , would ve done the same I guess .

#17 ·
Nice ride and congrats. Not too many stick shift sedan around.

#19 ·
My altima is over 320BHP and i'm so use to it, it doesn't feel fast anymore until i drive one that isn't like mine. yesterday i helped out a friend who needed work done on her 09 3.5SE, and i gave her a free intake I built a few years ago. I took it for a test drive thinking too much like my car, and i got on it, and it felt so slow even with the intake. As soon as I got back in my car, I realized how different the two cars are. Of course, her CVT didn't help

But on a side note, i did have a discussion a couple days ago with another altima owner who has a SE-R and what we figured out is that for the price, a VQ powered altima can't really be matched by cars in it's category on performance, space, comfort. The accord, needs more torque & space. Camry needs more space and a little more power.The camry is pretty close, but the altima still seems to outdue it. You have to upgrade to a more expensive car to feel like you have made a good choice in switching.

#21 ·
Agreed, the altima is the best balance of performance and value in its market.

Didn't realize your car had that kinda power, torque steer an issue?

Oh man nice ride dude!! Truly jealous!! I love those cars and only started liking them just last year.
Thanks man! I wasn't a huge fan myself, but the 2010+ facelift made a big difference IMO. Still think the S4 and 335 are better looking overall, but the G really grew on me too

Two more crumby pics, still need tint, on the fence about blacking out the window and grille trim. Also really leaning toward debadging the "infiniti" on the back

#22 ·
i know u need to do one thing right away.... take off that chrome dealer plate cover off the back! or i guess when u get ur new plates do that, otherwise the paper plate might not last.

#25 ·
^Thanks! The RWD alone is a big adjustment, not to mention the other stuff

Overall my Altima was in pretty good shape except the front bumper looked like a battle zone and the headlights were a little hazy. Tough to see her go

Little debagding, looks better in person IMO but I think overall its 'cleaner' looking (and I've been dying to do SOMETHING to make it my own)

Good point, dealer just called that they have my real plates so this is a golden opportunity to swap out the dealer plate.

Call me crazy but I prefer the cheap flat black plastic or metal ones from Walmart or Pepboys, just plain and simple

#27 · (Edited)
^good call, took care of chrome plate frame, along with pretty much the rest of the chrome! Wheels are probably next, but won't look seriously until OEM tire run low

PS: guess this forum went pretty dead?? Was pretty active when the 3rd gens were popular, guess the Alti is moving further & further away from the enthusiast crowd, guess we were limited from the start...

#29 ·
nice ride

#31 ·
Nice upgrade - how is it now that you've had it for a while?

Just upgraded this week into a 7AT Sport. Not a big fan of the rim pattern - especially with them being staggered but hey - it is a very nice ride and quite a change from the 3rd gen right?

#37 ·
Still love it, although after moving to DC, it's been a bit less enjoyable because 1) I do not drive it during the week anymore (use mass transit) and 2) traffic enforcement is VERY overbearing & strict, 3) traffic congestion does get pretty awful.

Yes the OEM sport sedan wheels are not very attractive, that's why I'm in the process of swapping them out :grin

Didn't expect this car to drive that much differently than the Altima, simimlar engine, body style, etc., but it really is a big change, universally for the better (only comprise I've noticed is passenger and cargo space).

I've noticed your posts on myg37, great site, hope to see you post more and start upgrading your car!

All you G owners suck balls. You know what's going to happen to me? I'm going to be the last 3rd gen owner ever. And when it's finally time to get a new car, I'll end up with a Prius. Okay, I'm a little jealous.
Time for you to get one :grin

This site has dropped BIG TIME activity wise. I wonder why, perhaps since the ALtima became less and less of an "enthusiast" friendly car?

Anything new?
Unfortunately not yet, been modding at a pretty glacial pace due to busy schedule, etc.

I have a set of G37 sport coupe 19" wheels that are currently at the powdercoater, getting redone in gunmetal grey, looking forward to putting those on, they should be ready in a few weeks, I need to do some tire shopping in the meantime.

Further plans are pretty low-level: "Switchback" LED turn signals, black out chrome foglight trim, muffler delete/new exhaust tips, then MAYBE springs and spacers.

Here's some photos that show evidence of not much changes :sad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.