DMV roll call - Page 2 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 09-22-2011, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Spoonie, I think it is pronounced souffeast.

Kev, I can't believe you don't know where Virginia Tech is. After Mike Vick taking us to the championship against FSU w/ Peter Warrick in 2000 and the shootings back in 2006. We were on the map like crazy. And pretty much 60-70% of the students at VT are from NoVa. I know I sport a VT Alumni license plate holder, and I drive by about 40 cars a day with a VT magnet or something on it. There's some students with some pretty rich parents down there. Not unlikely to see a few Altimas around campus. I wouldn't be surprised to see a student driving a GTR down there.

What's your major Ankit? Mine was Mechanical Engineering.

By the way, I'm about to rep this thread in my signature to get some other people. I know I've seen other from the DMV on here.

Jarrett

07 Altima 3.5SE CVT--Black w/ Charcoal Leather--35% Tint, Custom Fiberglass Enclosure

Previous:
92 Sentra 2dr--Black w/ Gray Int--238k miles

DMV Area Roll Call
Come rep DC, MD, and VA!!!

Last edited by jdublup; 09-22-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 09-22-2011, 04:22 PM
My little champion...

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newalt08 View Post
I'm from southeast dc. What about you?
Greenbelt MD (10-15 minutes from DC) by 295-New York Ave. I do drive through DC on occasion, but I don't work down there anymore.
#18 Old 09-23-2011, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not far from me at all.

Shift_less CVT
2008 Nissan Altima 3.5SE
Sonoma Sunset with
Charcoal Leather
Tech Pkg & VDC

Do you live in the DMV area? Post in our roll call thread
#19 Old 09-23-2011, 06:25 PM
My little champion...

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdublup View Post
Spoonie, I think it is pronounced souffeast.

Kev, I can't believe you don't know where Virginia Tech is. After Mike Vick taking us to the championship against FSU w/ Peter Warrick in 2000 and the shootings back in 2006. We were on the map like crazy. And pretty much 60-70% of the students at VT are from NoVa. I know I sport a VT Alumni license plate holder, and I drive by about 40 cars a day with a VT magnet or something on it. There's some students with some pretty rich parents down there. Not unlikely to see a few Altimas around campus. I wouldn't be surprised to see a student driving a GTR down there.

What's your major Ankit? Mine was Mechanical Engineering.

By the way, I'm about to rep this thread in my signature to get some other people. I know I've seen other from the DMV on here.

Jarrett
I remember all of that LOL, but never realized it was in Blacksburg, VA. Shame shame shame. I remember how University of Maryland reacted after the shootings and started sending out massive emails and creating alert services to students, faculty and staff.

Yes, pleas rep. this thread, it's in my signature too. On my way to drop my daughter off in the mornings, I pretty much alway spot a white Altima coupe with rims going in the opposite direction, they have the Stillen front fascia installed; looks very nice!

@Newalt08: You work in DC as well? Pretty much bone stock with the car?
#20 Old 09-24-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdublup View Post
I lived in Pritchard before it was coed. Largest all male dorm on the east coast. I can't believe they made it co-ed, considering the girl to guy ratio at VT is so bad any way. Would have definitely loved having the Altima down there. Some pretty nice roads to drive on. Check out Mountain Lake Rd. Sometime. Definitely a nice road to test the SE suspension out on. It's down 460W. Be careful, brakes warm up real quick coming back down the mountain.
Well you see, I brought 2006 Bmw 330i down to Blacksburg last semester and went down some backroads with a couple of other Bimmers. Twas fun but I don't know the exact road names we were on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeVQ35 View Post
I can bet you don't see that many Altimas too. Any pictures of your ride, what do you have done?
NOPE! Nothing that has the slightest modification at all. I don't put pics up b.c. it is stock. Don't have money to put into the car other than maintenance (which is why I'm on the forum...keep this car running for as long as possible/entertainment). Priorities are other places at the moment but as soon as I can afford it I want a bmw e30-restored, dropped, tinted, exhaust and that it (or that what the plan is atleast).

I just don't see myself spending money on modifying the Altima.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak67 View Post
Let's get this straight.

You're an Indian and I'm an Indian.
Difference is that you're the 7-Eleven kind and I'm the alcoholic kind.

[Apu]Thank you, come again![/Apu]
#21 Old 09-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Riding Dirty

NOVA resident here, I got to this thread from KEVQ35's signature.

Used to live in the State of the Free (MD) and now I've been in the State of the Nazis (VA) since 02. Just been driving since 08, and go to George Mason now.

Silver Metallic '06 G35 Coupe
-Not stock, blacked out rims, CCFL headlights, tinted windows, blacked out rear valence

Previous: Black 2002 and White 2006 Altima

#22 Old 09-26-2011, 01:34 AM
My little champion...

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendo5 View Post
NOVA resident here, I got to this thread from KEVQ35's signature.

Used to live in the State of the Free (MD) and now I've been in the State of the Nazis (VA) since 02. Just been driving since 08, and go to George Mason now.
Glad the signature is working Not too far away at all. Which part of NOVA specifically?
#23 Old 09-26-2011, 04:18 AM

Yeah, bone stock for the most part. Just a few cosmetic things I've changed, such as LED tail lights, LED interior lights, Aftermarket iPod interface from USAspec. I like the way it looks from the factory to be honest. As far as work, I work in Rockville.

Shift_less CVT
2008 Nissan Altima 3.5SE
Sonoma Sunset with
Charcoal Leather
Tech Pkg & VDC

#24 Old 09-26-2011, 01:03 PM
My little champion...

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Yeah, bone stock for the most part. Just a few cosmetic things I've changed, such as LED tail lights, LED interior lights, Aftermarket iPod interface from USAspec. I like the way it looks from the factory to be honest. As far as work, I work in Rockville.
I guess the CVT is good for this horrible traffic. I take it you take G/W Parkway to 495 and come up that side?

My commute is only 15 minutes--instead of headers I have high flow cats--no cams, but pretty much everything else that you can bolt-on. There are still quite a few upgrades I could do, but right now I am more focused on that little girl in my avatar.
#25 Old 09-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Riding Dirty

I live in fairfax county(Reston) but I used to live in greenbelt Md

I'm probably 30 min from DC

-Not stock, blacked out rims, CCFL headlights, tinted windows, blacked out rear valence

#26 Old 09-26-2011, 02:34 PM
My little champion...

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I live in fairfax county(Reston) but I used to live in greenbelt Md

I'm probably 30 min from DC
A few more people in here and it's starting to look like we could possibly have a mini meet somewhere before it gets too cold. Any performance mods nintendo5? VQ or QR?
#27 Old 09-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Riding Dirty

Yeah most def.

My 06 just had cold air intake and exhaust but had to be traded due to transmission issues

Now I got an 02 which I'm trying to last till I graduate college next year. So no more mods, no speed demon driving just a 20 year old driving like a 80 year old ahaha

#28 Old 09-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Riding Dirty

Yeah most def.

My 06 just had cold air intake and exhaust but had to be traded due to transmission issues

Now I got an 02 which I'm trying to last till I graduate college next year. So no more mods, no speed demon driving just a 20 year old driving like a 80 year old ahaha

Edit: Both were 2.5S

Last edited by nintendo5; 09-26-2011 at 09:04 PM.
#29 Old 09-27-2011, 12:10 AM

Oh yeah, that's exactly the way I get there. The CVT is great, especially when I throw it into manual mode, it responds pretty quick in response for my needs. My friend says that I should have just gone with the manual, but with most of the traffic I know I couldn't deal with it. lol

Shift_less CVT
2008 Nissan Altima 3.5SE
Sonoma Sunset with
Charcoal Leather
Tech Pkg & VDC

#30 Old 09-27-2011, 02:08 PM
My little champion...

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Yeah most def.

Edit: Both were 2.5S
I hear you. That's what it is for me, but it seems like when I have the baby in the car, everyone just drives extra crazy. More than enough times, I appreciate having the extra power, that gets me out of a dicey situation.

Quote:
Oh yeah, that's exactly the way I get there. The CVT is great, especially when I throw it into manual mode, it responds pretty quick in response for my needs. My friend says that I should have just gone with the manual, but with most of the traffic I know I couldn't deal with it. lol
Yeah that's the way I would go too, rather than going all the way around or trying to cut through the city. Traffic here seems to be getting worse and worse each year. I drive a 5MT; love hate relationship here. I try to avoid stop and go as much as possible, I use side streets if possible to avoid two major roadways where traffic usually piles up.

Well I'm definitely down for a meet up, maybe D&B in Rockville, MD or somewhere in VA. Just need a few more heads in here, as people tend to flake out on occasion--it makes it harder having extra responsibilities (baby or babies).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Local Chapters & Nissan Auto Clubs > Mid Atlantic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode