LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-13-2013, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Looking for Audio wiring diagram

Hey guys and gals,

Haven't come across any audio wiring diagrams or installation docs for our B17. Anyone have a copy or pics if you've already went through a speaker\radio upgrade? Looking to upgrade my speakers with components and add a alpine ktp-445 amp http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ktp-445u/

Any help would be appreciated.

Edgar

Last edited by edgar5453; 06-24-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-15-2013, 08:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
you can buy detailed install diagrams from crutchfield.com. Usually it comes free if you buy speakers or head units from them

2009 2.5s with Takeda sri, Stillen front strut brace, 6k HIDs, black matrix depo tails, glossy black roof vinyl, LED drls., Plastidipped oem bumper, BrakeMotive package
----
future mods: lowering springs, Racingline or Stillen rear sway bar, 4 channel amp, catback exhaust, 2JR pulley swap
#3 Old 04-15-2013, 05:48 PM
4DR-350Z

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Here is the audio wiring diagram.

Let me know if you need anything else.

FAST.... ....
#4 Old 04-15-2013, 11:44 PM

(Thread Starter)
Checked in with Crutchfield

So checked in with Crutchfield and they dont have install diagrams for our cars yet for the public, but they do internally. Just need to give them a ring and they will walk you through it (removal of radio and door trim as well).

Critical Audio - Just to be sure this is for the 2013 sentra (6 speaker non bose) right? I ask because i only see front pair and rear pair speaker connections, but no tweeters.

Also, since i'm only looking to add an amp with speakers, and keep the Nav I was thinking of using a reverse and standard (ie male and female) wiring harness, to avoid splicing the oem harness, similar to the below link. However some threads mention concerns with these harnesses not containing the steering and AUX pins\wires. Is there any particular reverse and standard wire harness you worked with to stream line the install?

Factory Radio Reverse Male Wire Wiring Harness 21 | eBay

Receiver Wire Harness For select 2006-up Infiniti, Nissan, and Subaru vehicles at Crutchfield.com

Thanks,

Edgar

5.5 Gen Maxima: Eibach spring with 19in Gunmetal Nismo Rays

7th Gen Maxima: Eibach spring with 19in Gunmetal Nismo Rays
#5 Old 06-21-2013, 01:34 PM

Not to hijack your thread but if anyone knows the speaker sizes that would be helpful.
#6 Old 06-21-2013, 10:29 PM

(Thread Starter)
Speaker sizes

Crutchfield.com has told me 6.5 in the fronts and 6x9 in the rears.

Last edited by edgar5453; 06-23-2013 at 12:55 AM. Reason: changed rear speaker reference
#7 Old 06-22-2013, 03:20 AM

Awesome, thank you. And I'm presuming you mean 6x9 in the rear and not actually 6.9 inch round speakers. If so wow those are some odd ball speakers lol
#8 Old 06-23-2013, 01:04 AM

(Thread Starter)
Yup I meant 6x9, and are exactly the same as my wife's 2011 Sentra. Are you swapping out the deck or adding an amp? if so please take pics and/or share steps on how you got the deck out.

im still saving up on my setup, and it'll prob be another 2-3 months before I get around to it. Im probably going with

Fronts
Rockford Fosgate Punch P165-S 6-1/2" component speaker system at Crutchfield.com

Rears
Rockford Fosgate Punch P1692 6"x9" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

Edgar

#9 Old 06-23-2013, 06:09 PM

I have navigation so I wanna keep my head unit but I'm gonna try to add an amp to run the highs. I'm just gonna buy a little at a time.

Fronts
CF61cs

Rears
PS69cx
#10 Old 06-24-2013, 05:35 PM

(Thread Starter)
Nice, I couldn't find the frequency range for those on the site. Im sure they go low though. Im going with the alpine I meamtiom in the thread earlier which is a decent 45rms, you?

things to consider per my observation of our vehicle. There are two trunk bars that site directly below the rear 6x9's which may require me to add a small spacer. Probably a 1/4 mdf cutout so it doesn't hit the bars. the oem speaker grills may be too low to the speakers. Also cause the speaker cover is an odd shape Im unable to find a direct fit, unless I find the Bose grills which look like they're taller and sturdier. Thoughts?

Edgar

#11 Old 06-24-2013, 06:03 PM

I could'nt either but I changed my mind. I change build more than I do underwear I swear lol. I can be fast with this car so I want an sq system.

Pro 6.5's front and back with matching tweeters
Pro Series

The amp I'm gonna get for my highs and subs check out the thd.
Ultimate SQ

I've always wanted to try the sa 8. Powerful little bastards with some low fs.
SA Series

Do you already have that amp? I ask cuz audiopipe is great for a bang for the buck amp. They're pretty powerful and clean and come at a good price. Specially I like the 4 channel 360.

I saw the trunk bars but I think it'll fit most stock speakers. I have a set of kickers I wanna put in temporarily so ill find out then. The covers I don't really care extremely too much about. If they fit ill use them to keep the stock look but if not I'm just gonna use the covers that comes with the speakers. And I can't find anything out about the Bose system. I'm pretty sure the 2 extra speakers are tweeters in the rear but I wanna find out the location so I can put two there too. I just looked for the covera and can't fins them for sale. But thats defiantly an idea if you want the all stock look. Could even get the fronts to match.
#12 Old 06-24-2013, 06:05 PM

And on the diagram about it shows factor amp turn on. Do the non Bose cars have amps too? I figured of we did it'd be under the rear deck which its not.
#13 Old 06-24-2013, 06:47 PM

(Thread Starter)
If it's anything like my wife's 6speaker non bose then it's the receiver that's proving the wattage no separate or additional amp.

No i haven't bought the alpine amp, but the main reason is the ability to just tap into the fuse box rather than drill my firewall and tap my battery for power. Simpler install but no doubt im sure not as good as a beefier amp.

However I can say it's pretty impressive in my wife's car with the same setup FYI.

Edgar

#14 Old 06-24-2013, 07:13 PM

That's what I was affraid of. Yeah just about any amp is better than the head unit. Sounds like you've got a plan. I would'nt run much over a 200 rms amp on the fuse panel. Those wire are pretty small so its easy to choke to power to the amp. I'm thinking about trying to run the power wire under the car and come through an existing hole of one exists or make a tiny hole in a remote unseen location.
#15 Old 06-24-2013, 07:25 PM

I just looked at that amp. That little thing is cool lol when said amp I was automatically thinking a regular amp. You'll defiantly notice a different. Only question is, is how clean is that power. The problem with stock head units is that they're a distorted power (or thats what I'm used to but I've never bought something this new either). Not sure if this would help clean it up or just boost the distorted power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN SENTRA / 200SX / SE-R FORUMS > *NEW* 2013+ NISSAN SENTRA Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode