LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 01-01-2017, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
Nissan Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post Aftermarket stereo help/advice

So I have a 2014 Nissan Sentra SV with the 6 bose speakers and the navigation with steering controls. I have been looking around and trying to do research but am coming up short handed. I want an aftermarket stereo with apple carplay compatibility but I also want to keep the 6 bose speakers. I got a Pioneer AVH-4100NEX for Christmas but I dont think that works since it only has compatibility for 4 speakers. I was originally going for the Pioneer SPH-DA120. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could either salvage the unit I got for christmas or should I just try to return it and get the one I was going for?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-01-2017, 07:01 PM
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Bose amp works on 4 input (FR, FL, RR, RL). Problem is it wants those inputs differentially at line level (however, many have just grounded the -ve side of the signal with good results...ie using RCA/phono typical connector type). If you have that, you can feed your new HU into the existing BOSE amp and speakers. If you are slightly more 'purist' and I hesitate to use that word in the same paragraph as Bose, then you can buy converters.

Nissan OEM HIDs with Morimoto bulbs/harness, RacingLine FStB & RSwB @ 200%, ETI LED Fogs,
BBK: PowerStop Powder Coated Calipers: M45 Front/Stock Rears w/StopTech slotted sport rotors
BOSE Headunit w/USB & BT (2012 update), Dunlop Signature HP (summer) / Blizzak WS80 (winter)

Altima FSMs & Useful posts: Bose Upgrade / Alternator / Bad Ground / Rear Brakes / TPMS Reset /
/ Spurious ABS / Audio Power / ABS Diag / Steering Lock / Lower VQ rad hose
post #3 of 9 Old 01-01-2017, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Nissan Fan

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ugmac1 View Post
Bose amp works on 4 input (FR, FL, RR, RL). Problem is it wants those inputs differentially at line level (however, many have just grounded the -ve side of the signal with good results...ie using RCA/phono typical connector type). If you have that, you can feed your new HU into the existing BOSE amp and speakers. If you are slightly more 'purist' and I hesitate to use that word in the same paragraph as Bose, then you can buy converters.

Im new to trying to put in a radio myself lol so, What parts would I need? I have a wiring harness (70-7552) that I was going to crimp to the harness to the new radio. When you say ground ve what do you mean?

Last edited by nak0604; 01-01-2017 at 08:29 PM.

post #4 of 9 Old 01-01-2017, 10:37 PM

-ve == negative (don't know where that comes from...prolly' some old skool crap)

What you need is here, around page AV-149

That will show you the 70-7552 adapter will get you most of what you need from the car harness. Then you need to figure out how to map it to the new HU signals. Check out my BOSE upgrade thread, post the signal output diagram of your Xmas HU and we'll go from there.

Nissan OEM HIDs with Morimoto bulbs/harness, RacingLine FStB & RSwB @ 200%, ETI LED Fogs,
BBK: PowerStop Powder Coated Calipers: M45 Front/Stock Rears w/StopTech slotted sport rotors
BOSE Headunit w/USB & BT (2012 update), Dunlop Signature HP (summer) / Blizzak WS80 (winter)

Altima FSMs & Useful posts: Bose Upgrade / Alternator / Bad Ground / Rear Brakes / TPMS Reset /
post #5 of 9 Old 01-01-2017, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Nissan Fan

(Thread Starter)
Here is the back of the unit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	84858   Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	84866  
post #6 of 9 Old 01-02-2017, 04:24 AM

What I was asking for was this Pioneer AVH-4100NEX

I don't see any PlugnPlay units on the market, but you can chop up any PAC converter that contains the OEM-1 box (ie ROEM-NIS2)...or you can drive your unbalanced line outputs into the amp line ins (cringe) and connect the -ve input to the RCA shield.

post #7 of 9 Old 01-02-2017, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Nissan Fan

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ugmac1 View Post
What I was asking for was this Pioneer AVH-4100NEX

I don't see any PlugnPlay units on the market, but you can chop up any PAC converter that contains the OEM-1 box (ie ROEM-NIS2)...or you can drive your unbalanced line outputs into the amp line ins (cringe) and connect the -ve input to the RCA shield.
Sounds like a lot of jerry rigging to do haha I will have to wait a bit to get the PAC converter, I think youll have to somehow manage to walk me through how to hook it up and everything. I honestly have never messed around with installing a head unit before.

Just out of curiosity the Pioneer SPH-DA120 would that make it a more "clean" install?

Last edited by nak0604; 01-02-2017 at 03:52 PM.
post #8 of 9 Old 01-16-2017, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Nissan Fan

(Thread Starter)
Okay, Got it installed and its working great. Just having issues finding a way that lets me get the steering wheel controls working, at least I want to be able to use the button the change the dashboard computer display. Thats the only thing im kinda wanting back.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-16-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak0604 View Post
Okay, Got it installed and its working great. Just having issues finding a way that lets me get the steering wheel controls working, at least I want to be able to use the button the change the dashboard computer display. Thats the only thing im kinda wanting back.
Tell us what or how you did to get it working (ie give back to the community) and we'll see what we can do to help you with the next part.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN SENTRA / 200SX / SE-R FORUMS > *NEW* 2013+ NISSAN SENTRA Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode