post #1 of 4 Old 02-17-2017, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
2013 Sentra SR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
2013 Nissan Sentra SR Highway Vibration

I have a 2013 Nissan Sentra SR with 70,000. I am currently getting vibration in my seat during highway speeds and I during lower speeds as well. I notice at lower speeds if I am driving over a newly paved road but it is more noticeable during highway driving. At first I thought it was the tires so I rotated the tires and still have a vibration in the seat. I had the tires balanced and were only .25 off. I drove again with nothing changed. So I also thought maybe a tire was bad, even though these were new Bridgestone Blizzack WS80 on new steel wheels. I also have a set on RPF1's with Hancook tires. So I did the same thing with these tires as I did with the winter tires, and I still have the vibration I the seat during highway driving. So I am ruling out the tires are the issue. No matter what I rebalance or tires that I rotate, the vibration is always in the seat. It feels like I am going over a bunch of small bumps even though the highway I drive on is fairly new. I have driven in other cars on the same highway and their drive is a lot smoother than mine.

Other issues I had was with the CVT transmission. I am going to get the fluid changed at 75,000 miles to see if the problem goes away but I have been getting a shuddering feeling during acceleration. This is an intermittent problem so the dealer could not duplicate the issue, and I have been to two of them. But looking on the internet, it seems like there are a number of people who have the same exact issue with mine. I wonder if the transmission during acceleration is having any effect on the car during highway speeds or is something suspension/brakes is related to the vibration. I believe it is something in the rear of the car or the drivetrain due to the vibration always being in the seat. The dealerships overlooked the car and said they both did not find any mechanical issues with the car. I don't see anything out of the ordinary as well. l have been wanting to sell the car but I owe way more that what the trade in is, but I am almost thinking a hit might be the better outcome than this aggravation every day.

Does anyone else have this issue? Recommendations on fixes? Any help would be appreciated because I am lost. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-17-2017, 02:08 PM
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 670 Post(s)
Does the vibration have any correlation to roadspeed or engine speed--ie is it the same kind of vibration frequency cruising at 40 as at 80...or is it twice as fast?

Is it worse under acceleration vs cruise?

Does it change at all under light braking?

Nissan OEM HIDs with Morimoto bulbs/harness, RacingLine FStB & RSwB @ 200%, ETI LED Fogs,
BBK: PowerStop Powder Coated Calipers: M45 Front/Stock Rears w/StopTech slotted sport rotors
BOSE Headunit w/USB & BT (2012 update), Dunlop Signature HP (summer) / Blizzak WS80 (winter)

Altima FSMs & Useful posts: Bose Upgrade / Alternator / Bad Ground / Rear Brakes / TPMS Reset /
/ Spurious ABS / Audio Power / ABS Diag / Steering Lock / Lower VQ rad hose
post #3 of 4 Old 02-18-2017, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
2013 Sentra SR

Garage
(Thread Starter)
When I am driving around 45 on a decent road around town I can feel the little vibration. It is a lot more noticeable at highway speeds beginning at 60 to 80 mph. Whether I have it on cruise control or giving it has to the same consistent vibration regardless of condition of highway. I drove in my brother 2011 sentra and it rides so much better than this car and no vibration so I know it's not the road. Plus I've never had this kind of vibration consistently with highway driving. I'm going to look at the entire rear end and make sure that everything is tight and maybe take apart the rear brakes as well to see if that does anything. Probably the most annoying thing I've ever had to deal with since I drive so much. Really wish I could get out from this car honestly.

post #4 of 4 Old 02-18-2017, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
2013 Sentra SR

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I have brought the car to two different dealers as well. The first one said they can feel the vibration but don't know what it is. So they wanted me to pay $450 to have them just take parts off another sentra and install on mine until they found the problem. So I obviously left. Then the second dealership said they couldn't feel the vibration. So I have a case number with Nissan Affairs. If I don't find the problem this weekend I'll be giving them another call. They said next time I call they will send a representative out instead of me going to the dealership. I would just like them to fix it or put me in another car for the money that I am paying for this garbage. Nissan quality has definitely been going down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN SENTRA / 200SX / SE-R FORUMS > *NEW* 2013+ NISSAN SENTRA Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode