Fuel Pressure Problems - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 04:36 PM
John Belcner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cool Fuel Pressure Problems

Can anyone help me understand why I am losing fuel pressure after my car sits idle for more than 3-5 minutes. When the car is running, it runs very smooth and accelerates well. If I turn it off and immediately hit the key, it fires right back up. However, if I let the car sit for more than 3-5 minutes, the started turns over for at least 5-8 deconds before firing over. Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
JB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 02:33 AM

Fuel pump repair kit.

Thats what my problem is. but Nissan Mechanics couldn't figure it out for the last 6 years. So When another mechanic said something about my fuel pump being bad.... I googled it. I just couldn't believe it could be going bad for 6 years and never go completely out. Here is the e-mail I sent Nissan, so far they have not responded to me.

To: nnaconsumeraffairs@nissan-usa.com
Subject: file #9184080
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 15:48:38 -0600

To whom it may concern.

Please refer to file # 9184080.

I am writing to you to defend my position of asking for you assistance in the repair of my 2006 Nissan Sentra. I have owned my car from brand new. I bought my car in September of 2006 (it now has 153000 miles.) In November of 2006 it has had a slow start, randomly. Sometimes it is everytime I start my car other times it is 1 time per day. I originally took it to Uftring Nissan in January of 2007 to have this problem checked. Nothing was diagnosed. I had bought a maintenance package for oil changes, each time I took my car in I asked them to check this problem out. Nothing was ever diagnosed, or charted. I moved to Burlington Iowa in October of 2008 and continued my quest with Deery Brothers. Again, each time I had an oil change I asked to have the starting issue checked. Nothing was diagnosed. As the economy went south, we moved for job placement to Northern MN. The nearest Nissan dealer is over a hour drive from my house in the opposite direction of my work. Therefore I have went to a local shop for my oil changes. Just recently my "check engine soon" light came on, so I took it to a shop in town that could get me in right then, since this was my only day off. They reset the light, that had been set off due to the gas cap not being on perfectly. Then the mechanic said to me "you know your car starts really hard?", I said, "yep, it has for 6 years, Nissan can't figure out why." He said, "I think it is something witht the fuel filter, we can look at it for you next Tuesday." I said, "okay." The following Tuesday he called me and said, "sorry for the bad news, but it is the fuel pump, and it will be over $500 to fix." I said,"no, it's been this way for 6 years, it isn't gonna die tonight." He agreed. Angered that he diagnosed this so quick and easily, when I got home I decided to google.'nissan sentra 2006 fuel pump'. Low and behold up pops a 'service detail' for my exact problem!! So I started with calling Uftring in Peoria Il. They had me call, Nissan Consumer Affairs, they had me take my car to the Nissan dealer nearest to me to get a diagnoses. I did. Then the supervisor Christy (at 1800343-6913 x 458136) told me my car is too far out of warranty for Nissan to assist me.
I guess the thing I am guilty for is depending on the Nissan mechanics to diagnose a my Nissan, I should have relied on the internet.
I have always had good things to say about my Nissan (other than the starting issue), and I am very angry that the repair detail was orignally dated September of 2006 (same time I bought my car) but no one was able to diagnose my car. And now that I pointed Nissan in the right direction, they have diagnosed it, but refused to pay for a problem that has always been there because it is too far out of warranty, and I also have to pay the diagnostic fee.
On a side note, when I bought my car, we also bought a Nissan Frontier new.

Please respond,

Thank you
Old 10-17-2012, 04:50 AM

Hi I have a 2000 Alero that I am having a some sort of fuel pressure problem. When the car sits overnight with less than a half tank, I have to prime the engine a few times (by turning the key on and off) to get it to start normally. When the car is running, there are no issues. I don't know if it could be the fuel pump, a fuel injector, or the fuel pressure regulator. Any suggestions?!!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:31 AM

I read that cars frequently suffer from fuel starvation caused by inadequate fuel pump delivery at full throttle. The problem arises because the pump, though it may deliver adequate pressure at idle, cannot hold that pressure when the engine demands more fuel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan Enthusiast General Forums > Nissan - Infiniti General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode