Altima OEM chrome rims for 2.5 SL - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-31-2008, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Altima OEM chrome rims for 2.5 SL

Ok so I have been wanting these for our new Altima, I think it would look great. It has the 16's on it 6 spoke & I went to Discount Tire where I have always done me dealing & they want $1,058 for them as a trade, I give them my factory ones & they get me the chrome ones, mounted balanced out the door. I though this was a little high, b/c I had the same thing done for me 04 Pontiac GTO about 3 years ago & they were 17's & I only paid $650 for the same thing!!!! Now it didn't have the wheel sensor's but that is the only difference. Anyone else know where you can get these at? I have never really been a big fan of aftermarket rim's so I was looking to stay as close to the stock look as possible!!
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-31-2008, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thats way too high... i have the sl too and i dont like the rims so i have aftermarkets too, but if you want chrome factory, i may be willing to trade 16 inch factory sL rims for 17 inch chrome SE rims and tires for that price but 1060 for plating is rape

Last edited by racewinner; 07-31-2008 at 05:06 PM.
#3 Old 07-31-2008, 07:34 PM
Forty-something MPG

Agreed, WAY too high. I can get the chrome 17's from my dealer for $700.

Are you sure they aren't quoting you with tires included?

. : The Rupp : .

.: 2007 3.5SE :: Precision Grey :: Sport Package :: CVT :: Höen Xenonmatch Plus Low Beams :. - Traded for:

.: 2008 3.5SE :: Dark Slate :: Premium Package :: CVT :: Garmin nüvi 350 Hardwire :: 20% Tint All Around :. - Gone

.: 2006 BMW 330i :: Sparkling Graphite :: Premium Package :: Sport Package :: 6MT :. - Sold

.: 2010 Scion tC :: Flint Mica :. - Sold

.: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco :: 6MT :. - Awaiting more LED's

LED: LED Thread :: Footwells & Cupholder :.
#4 Old 07-31-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRupp View Post
Agreed, WAY too high. I can get the chrome 17's from my dealer for $700.

Are you sure they aren't quoting you with tires included?
better be brand new tires... They didnt give the people crap for their stock wheels when they sold them aftermarket ones. They usually offer like $150-200 for them...WITH TIRES
#5 Old 07-31-2008, 08:58 PM
Laces out Dan

Nissan doesn't recommend aftermarket chroming of their OEM wheels. Here is the TSB on it.

Nissan Original Equipment or Genuine Accessory Alloy wheels, along with their finish coating (clear, chrome, titanium, etc.), are specifically developed to achieve Nissan design and performance standards. These Original Equipment or Genuine Accessory wheels are subjected to testing to ensure they meet Nissan's standards. Nissan Original Equipment Alloy or Genuine Accessory wheels subjected to aftermarket chroming may no longer continue to meet these standards and may be seriously damaged. Therefore, Nissan most strongly discourages, and recommends that these wheels NEVER be subjected to, aftermarket chroming. See this bulletinfor further detail.
#6 Old 08-01-2008, 01:54 PM

(Thread Starter)
Hum that's interesting!!! But yea that wasn't with tires, it was only the rims, I about died when they told me this!!!! "The Rupp" what dealer do you deal through, I am going to talk to mine & see what they got, but I also though that was outragious. Also what do some of you have for aftermarket chrome rims???? If I see some pics that might help me choose, b/c I can't find a site that has the 07-08 Altima that you can simulate wheels on?
#7 Old 08-03-2008, 01:15 AM
SoLow MoToRsPoRtZ

Where would I get this done for my 17"'s and about how much would it cost to just get them chrome and not order a new set of rims?

"FRIENDS don't let Friends DRIVE STOCK"

2007 Altima 3.5SE CVT Dark Slate w/ Premium Package
Tastefully Modded!!!

CAR FOR SALE THREAD! TAKE A LOOK!
#8 Old 08-03-2008, 01:25 PM

(Thread Starter)
Ebay has a few sets of 17's on there you can get them off there. Also Discount Tire Co probably can do it, but like in my case, they are a little pricy & I don't know why, b/c I have got some from them before ???
#9 Old 08-05-2008, 06:59 AM
SoLow MoToRsPoRtZ

How much does discount tire co cost just to get them chromed? Ebay has them for $420 if you send them yours stock ones. I think that is a little pricey. I would think it would cost like $50-$70 per rim to get them dipped in chrome. Any other places anyone knows about because I saw the picture of them on ebay and they look really good.

"FRIENDS don't let Friends DRIVE STOCK"

2007 Altima 3.5SE CVT Dark Slate w/ Premium Package
Tastefully Modded!!!

CAR FOR SALE THREAD! TAKE A LOOK!
#10 Old 08-05-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finklejag View Post
Nissan doesn't recommend aftermarket chroming of their OEM wheels. Here is the TSB on it.

Nissan Original Equipment or Genuine Accessory Alloy wheels, along with their finish coating (clear, chrome, titanium, etc.), are specifically developed to achieve Nissan design and performance standards. These Original Equipment or Genuine Accessory wheels are subjected to testing to ensure they meet Nissan's standards. Nissan Original Equipment Alloy or Genuine Accessory wheels subjected to aftermarket chroming may no longer continue to meet these standards and may be seriously damaged. Therefore, Nissan most strongly discourages, and recommends that these wheels NEVER be subjected to, aftermarket chroming. See this bulletinfor further detail.
I think the word "alloy" is key. Nissan is most likely refering to the aluminum (aluminium, if you prefer) wheels, NOT the OEM steel wheels. While is possible for the chroming process to cause embrittlement in steel, it is much more likely in a hard steel, like springs, than in the relatively soft steel used in the 16" wheels. As far as improving the look, it would be very cheap to paint them, maybe just add a chrome "snap on" rim, and save money for bigger/better wheels tires.

2007 3.5SE
Winter Frost
#11 Old 08-06-2008, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
why would anyone want these rims?

"Sorry Gramps, My Altima's Nicer Than Yours"

"I would like to apologize in advance for being brutally honest!"

MODS:

- Cargo Net retrofitted in the trunk
- 10w HID Converted Dome Lamp
- 8w HID Converted Door Lamps
- Removed OEM FogLight Covers
- Relocated "Special Edition" badge
- Custom Floor Mats with visible "Special Edition" Logo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Technical and Specific Interest Nissan Discussion > Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode