03 350Z-TCS & Slip light is on... - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

NissanClub.com is the premier Nissan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 02:57 AM

03 350Z-TCS & Slip light is on...

Hey I just bought a 350Z 6 spd. coupe about a month ago... for the first week and a half the car drove like a dream...now... my tcs and slip light are coming on when i drive the car above 2500 rpm..... i know the car has a couple aftermarket mods to the engine such as camshafts and flywheel... i have brought it into Nissan and spent hundreds of dollars and they are still scratching their head... anyways... if anyone has experienced this or knows anything about it please let me know.... need to catch some sort of break here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2008, 09:10 PM

Hey, i'm having a similar problem with my altima.
did you figure out what was causing it?

Thanks man
Old 09-19-2008, 09:15 PM

?????

i havent figured out the problem thus far...... i have brought it to a new mechanic and am still awaiting a diagnosis...... i will keep in touch on here and tell you....if u can do the same when u get yours looked at..... any little things help in these circumstances..... im thinkin it being an electrical problem and my mechanic is on board with it.... ill keep ya posted
Old 09-19-2008, 09:23 PM

Thanks bro, i've been digging around myself. So far all the postings and complaints in Nissanclub/Nico seems to be pointing towards 2 possible causes

1) low brake fluid
2) traction/speed sensor going bad

I still got a bit more then the minimal required for the brake fluid.. but i'll try topping it off to see if it helps.

I'll give you the heads up tomorrow. Lets hope its not the latter.
Good luck dude!
Old 09-24-2008, 12:46 AM

tcs and slip light

hey man

so far it looks like its an ABS/speed sensor triggering the problem.... now, my wheels have been cambered and when that was performed it would not allow the speed sensor to line up correctly..... the guy i purchased the car off of lowered it and cambered and got a similar problem with it but not as severe...so it looks like that is a high possibility to be my problem...have you checked your speed sensors?
Old 09-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Boomer

I had this happen to me on my 3rd gen Altima. I turned out to be a bad wheel sensor. Had that replaced and it fixed the problem. Did the dealer do a scan on your ABS system. If so, they should be able to pull a code and diagnoose it from there. I'm willing to put money on it being a faulty or as you suggest, misaligned wheel sensor. Should be a fairly routine fix however be aware that the bolt holding the sensor into the wheel hub gets awfully corroded and usually breaks when you try to loosen it off. I needed to drill out the broken bolt and re-tap the hole. Just wanted you to have the benefit of my ecperience with this problem.

Feedback Thread
http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/ven...ck-thread.html
Old 09-30-2008, 06:39 PM

Hey bro, sorry for the late reply.

I actually got my problem sorted out.. turns out topping the brake fluid resolved the issue.
I was told that a dirty sensor can cost similar problem.. but dunno how much truth that holds... my guess is that its related to the sensor like johnny have mentioned.. i hope u can resolve the problem soon.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:48 AM

hey finally got a word back on this thing....after being in the shop for a month and a half...turns out that the chain tensioner for bank 2 was seized....also noticed that the crank pulley was overtightened causing extra stress on the sprockets sloppying the keyway..... had to replace timing advance (bank 2), primary and secondary chains, chain tensioner (bank 2), sprockets, crank pulley, timing belt, and some seals and hardware... a shitty overall experience thus far with the 350z.... but if this fixes everything it will for sure be worth it in the end...
Old 10-16-2008, 01:53 AM

thats great about yours!! at least one of us got off easy........lol
Old 11-06-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucks_03_350Z View Post
hey man

so far it looks like its an ABS/speed sensor triggering the problem.... now, my wheels have been cambered and when that was performed it would not allow the speed sensor to line up correctly..... the guy i purchased the car off of lowered it and cambered and got a similar problem with it but not as severe...so it looks like that is a high possibility to be my problem...have you checked your speed sensors?
Has anyone had any luck with the dealer diagnosing and fixing this problem? My dealer is totally uninformed and can't even tell me if there was a service bulletin issued on this topic.

Thanks,

Paul
Old 11-10-2008, 12:26 AM

Slip light and TCS

hi Paul,

I had no luck at all with the dealership with the 350z... one thing that I have learned is that you can not take this car to the dealership for anything that isnt basic maintenance... the gentleman that owned the vehicle before me had also made the same comment... the route that i have had to go is to find a good reliable mechanic to learn my vehicle..... my car sat as nissan for weeks and they did not tell me anything...my new mechanic had spent the time in research and fixed my problem.... i would suggest going that route as well....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN 350Z / 370Z FORUMS > Nissan Z Coupe / Roadster General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.