Nfl - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-31-2012, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Nfl

Well I did a search for football and nfl and all it came back with was some short threads from 9 years ago and 6 years ago.

If their is a more current thread please point me in the right direction

For now here is a link to a Chiefs based look at 2013 QB prospects.

QB Prospects In The 2013 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Addict - A Kansas City Chiefs Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-01-2012, 10:59 PM

(Thread Starter)
#3 Old 06-04-2012, 09:58 PM

(Thread Starter)
#4 Old 06-04-2012, 10:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
dude can you check out this thread

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/off...your-name.html

#5 Old 06-05-2012, 05:20 PM

(Thread Starter)
#6 Old 06-07-2012, 10:45 AM

[quote=Heartdisease;4244387]

If their is a more current thread please point me in the right direction

@Heartdisease.

I started a sports thread here a while back but it didn't garner much attention.

I opened it to all pro sports including the NFL.

Here is the link.

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/off...ts-thread.html

I don't know much about the Kansas City Chiefs, but I'm looking for a big year out of my Chicago Bears.

The Bears still have one of the best defenses, if not the best defense in the NFL, and have the best and scariest one two punch at linebacker in Brian Urlacher & Lance Briggs.

Now they just drafted a stud Defensive End that will line up opposite of Julius Peppers as well, so quarterbacks and offensive lines will have their hands full when they play the Bears this year.

A healthy Jay Cutler at QB along with the free agent signing of WR Brandon Marshal will definitely open up things down the field.

And we also have the best return man in the game in Devin Hester, and Robbie Gould is quietly becoming the most accurate and the most clutch kicker currently in the game too.

Mike Martz is no longer the offensive coordinator, and we here in Chi-town think that's a plus, because he was still trying to run that "Greatest Show On Turf" crap here, and almost got Jay Cutler killed in the process.

People in the NFL figured out what Martz was doing offensively with the Rams and adjusted, but he never bothered to re adjust.

Matt Forte (running back) will sign before the season begins, and even though He's not the best RB in the NFL, he is still a very good one, and might possibly be the best out there currently at catching the ball out of the backfield.

If the Chicago Bears can stay healthy, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them make a run very deep into the playoffs, and possibly end up in the Super Bowl.

Last edited by monstarr; 06-07-2012 at 08:25 PM.
#7 Old 06-07-2012, 03:21 PM

#8 Old 06-07-2012, 03:58 PM

(Thread Starter)
Must be a Saints fan hu^ Sorry to here that have they locked up Brees yet?
#9 Old 06-07-2012, 04:16 PM

Not that I've heard announced. All I read is that the team is doing well practicing without him. I hear a lot of good things about our backup, Chase Daniel, in practice. We'll see. I agree with both sides of the situation with Brees, but I don't think any other option is worth pursuing.
#10 Old 06-07-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowah View Post
Not that I've heard announced. All I read is that the team is doing well practicing without him. I hear a lot of good things about our backup, Chase Daniel, in practice. We'll see. I agree with both sides of the situation with Brees, but I don't think any other option is worth pursuing.
Yeah, that whole Saints thing is a freak'n mess.

And to make matters worse, they're playing with Drew Brees money wise, and I really just don't understand that whole approach by the Saints organization.

PS: About my Chicago Bears comments earlier.

I really think this may be a Super Bowl or bust year for head coach Lovie Smith.

If they don't win it all or come very close while making a serious run at it this up coming season, He may find himself out of a job.

While I don't necessarily think he is a bad coach, I also wouldn't put him in elite status as far as head coach's go.

We now have a new general manager here in Chicago, and new G M's usually want to hire their own guy.

Plus, ex coach Dick Juron was fired after going 7-9 in his last season as Bears head coach, and Lovie Smith has already gone 7-9 or worse twice since He's had this gig.

I really think this up coming season is put up or shut up time for Mr Smith.
#11 Old 06-07-2012, 08:46 PM

(Thread Starter)
That doesn't sound good for him at all. I think a GM is more important than a coach for a team to have any hope of building and sustaining a Superbowl caliber team. No coach can get you there without the talent. A good GM-- I think the Chiefs Scott Pioli fits the bill-- will build his team with value always in his mind and draft for depth. That is the way to do it for the long term. I have seen many teams overpay for top talent trying to get over the hump and then they are set back for years. The Raiders are the one that I am most familiar with, Al Davis was pulling out all the stops to try and get on last ring before he checked out imho. He didn't get it done, sacrifice the long term and your fans are going to have a long slog of a rebuilding process to watch like the Raiders are in.

It sounds like the Bears are almost ready to pull the trigger on that process too.
#12 Old 06-09-2012, 03:18 PM

(Thread Starter)
#13 Old 06-11-2012, 04:23 PM

(Thread Starter)
#14 Old 06-15-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartdisease View Post
That doesn't sound good for him at all. I think a GM is more important than a coach for a team to have any hope of building and sustaining a Superbowl caliber team. No coach can get you there without the talent. A good GM-- I think the Chiefs Scott Pioli fits the bill-- will build his team with value always in his mind and draft for depth. That is the way to do it for the long term. I have seen many teams overpay for top talent trying to get over the hump and then they are set back for years. The Raiders are the one that I am most familiar with, Al Davis was pulling out all the stops to try and get on last ring before he checked out imho. He didn't get it done, sacrifice the long term and your fans are going to have a long slog of a rebuilding process to watch like the Raiders are in.

It sounds like the Bears are almost ready to pull the trigger on that process too.
I didn't see this post or I would have responded earlier, but I think we'll have to agree to disagree as far as the Bears having to pull the trigger on a total rebuild goes.

Though I'm sure as a Chiefs fan, you know a thing or two about constant & total rebuilds. (sorry, I just couldn't help myself)

While it's true that every NFL team is in constant rebuild mode, there is a big difference between tweaking a roster and adding a player here & there through free agency, and stripping the whole thing down to nothing and starting over.

The Chicago Bears are stacked talent wise, and I personally believe they are a serious Super Bowl contender for this up coming season.

And the only reason they got a new General Manager in the first place, is because while former G-M Jerry Angelo made some good picks in the draft, he whiffed on more, especially when it came to the offensive side of the ball.

Rumors were starting to circulate heavily in both the local & national media that he could be out of a job soon, and he kept talking about retiring & resigning, and even went as far as speaking publicly about handing the job over to his predecessor.

Well long story short, he doesn't have to worry about retiring or resigning any more, because he was fired.

Last edited by monstarr; 06-15-2012 at 08:52 AM.
#15 Old 06-17-2012, 09:27 PM

(Thread Starter)
Long wait for some football. See what Peyton has to look forward to.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Entertainment Forums > OFF TOPIC !!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode