Need Router Suggestion - Page 2 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 09-22-2012, 01:40 AM
In Soviet Canuckistan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Belkin and Linksys I found are the best ones. D-Link routers are completely overrated.

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Super Black
Semi-bare bone stock!!

Mod Wish list:
Nismo Aero Kit
K&N Air Intake mod
Stillen Cat-back Exhaust

Installed:
OEM Fog Lamps
OEM 18" x 7.5" Altima Coupe Alloy Wheels
Racingline Strut Tower Brace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 09-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Ctrl-F Yourself

^ D-link is trash. If I didn't get it for free, I wouldn't have used it lol

E-Racings Front|Tint|Tsudo Catback|Verde 18's|Woodgrain Dash Kit|Tinted Tails|Vinyl Behind Mirrors| Too Much to List!
DIY LED Tursignals In Mirrors|DIY Projector Retrofit|What You Need to Convert to OEM HID|Nissan Factory Service Manual Here|How To Check/Clear SES Codes HERE|Upgrading The Stock Halogen Headlights|Detailed Description of HID and Angel Eyes

BEST IN CLASS AT 2009 CANAL DAYS CAR SHOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeVQ35 View Post
Your car is like the ugly chick that all the guys look at in disbelief, but she tells all her girlfriends that guys are constantly checking her out.
#18 Old 09-22-2012, 06:28 PM
NOTM - Feb 2010

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
im in the same page here, think i need a new router. using a old wrt54g and its on its last legs it seems like. i might just cancel my cable n up my internet speed, time warner shit is slow as hell.

AEM CAI / Aerospeed XCS / NWP Spacers / Custom Y-Pipe / Raactive CF Exhaust + 3 inch piping / 2*Timing Advance / S5 Grill / M3 Roof Spoiler / 6000k Low / 6000k Fog / Oznium Angel Eyes / Tein S-Tech / Racingline FSTB / Nismo-Rays A34 / 235/35/19 Dunlop SP Sport MAXX / RTP Rotors / PBR Pads / SS lines / Redline Tuning Quicklift / LED Lighting
2006 SER - SOLD
2013 EVO X GSR
#19 Old 09-22-2012, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
im paying $40 a month for UP to 3MB with COX cable. i want something better for the same price or same speed for cheaper!

#20 Old 09-22-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 702L32 View Post
im paying $40 a month for UP to 3MB with COX cable. i want something better for the same price or same speed for cheaper!
Not much out there for me like that. Think at&t is $50 for 6mb down DSL. That has gone back and forth in my neighborhood down to 1mb down.
#21 Old 09-22-2012, 11:07 PM

I currently Have this

WNDR3800

And used to have this

wndr3400

Both are great routers and never had issue with either one, both a lot better than the Linksys I had. I also only upgraded so I print from my phone for the most part.
#22 Old 09-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Shaving My Shoulders

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
FWIW the one Comcast gave me is a Netgear WNR1000

|2005 3.5SE|HEAVILY MODDED |
#23 Old 09-25-2012, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I used to be big in the whole dd-wrt or tomatoe on routers but now I just have the default modem/wireless router that comes with my verizon fios package.

My speed is 30/30 and I have no problem getting the full speed from it.

I run ps3, 1 desktop, 2 laptops, wii, ds, psp, anything else that needs internet and whatever spare computers I may have repairing or so. Also have everything streamed around the house, so I can access my files from any device.

I think the age where routers can't keep up with the demands of online gaming/streaming or connected devices are over. I would talk with a rep from times warner and demand a new router/modem to replace the older one. If not just get a full function one in a store that works for your service.

2010 2.5 SL

My Ride Thread
#24 Old 09-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Ctrl-F Yourself

^ That is probably best. They are still trying to blame me for my router issues I have every year though.

I'm running 1 desktop, xbox360, 3 smartphones, 4 laptops, 1 nook color and a printer. They are saying I am running too many devices on it. BS i say! lol

E-Racings Front|Tint|Tsudo Catback|Verde 18's|Woodgrain Dash Kit|Tinted Tails|Vinyl Behind Mirrors| Too Much to List!
DIY LED Tursignals In Mirrors|DIY Projector Retrofit|What You Need to Convert to OEM HID|Nissan Factory Service Manual Here|How To Check/Clear SES Codes HERE|Upgrading The Stock Halogen Headlights|Detailed Description of HID and Angel Eyes

Quote:
Your car is like the ugly chick that all the guys look at in disbelief, but she tells all her girlfriends that guys are constantly checking her out.
#25 Old 09-25-2012, 04:32 PM

too many? do they know that single router can support 255 devices? sure the speed will take a hit if all of them are streaming stuff at the same time but 11 devices too many? not in this day and age. average home will have 4-6 devices connected 24/7.

2007 infiniti fx35, 2008 mercury mariner hybrid
nissan factory shop manuals
#26 Old 09-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Ctrl-F Yourself

Lmao. I am aware. They don't know my profession however, so they assume I'm stupid

Quote:
#27 Old 09-25-2012, 06:02 PM

lol, I love it when my internet isn't working so I call and the first thing they always ask is for me to power down the modem and all that BS and I am already tried all of that crap. You think I would just call you people for the fun of it?
#28 Old 09-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Ctrl-F Yourself

LMAO! Tell me about it!!! I love this statement "it looks like your modem is offline" NO SHIT SHERLOCK!

Quote:
#29 Old 09-25-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeene View Post
too many? do they know that single router can support 255 devices? sure the speed will take a hit if all of them are streaming stuff at the same time but 11 devices too many? not in this day and age. average home will have 4-6 devices connected 24/7.
when i have just me and my dad on my router i lose alot of speed. im on LAN and hes on wifi. imagine with a dozen things like that. smh

#30 Old 09-26-2012, 02:59 AM

it depends what you guys are doing and what your bandwidth is. i have 30mbit connection and can have house full of people browsing the web at the same time without anybody noticing anything. but once i start downloading torrents everyone crawls to a halt unless i set a speed limit.

2007 infiniti fx35, 2008 mercury mariner hybrid
nissan factory shop manuals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Entertainment Forums > OFF TOPIC !!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode