Well guys this is my 1st time attempting to do a retrofit.It's been fun so far.I started this thread to share my experience and keep everyone updated. Even though Im not done,hope you like what you see so far.
Material and cost:
4 Mini H1 projectors $120
2 Relay harness $60
4 Led Halos $50
4 bulbs $60
2 Hid ballast $90
2 cans OEM paint color $50
1 Dremel with attachments $112
1 can adhesion promoter $20
1 can gloss clear coat $18
2 Headlights $171
1 can primer (I already had)
1 Bullydog abrasive cleaner (I already had)
2 splitters $10
1st I chose to mask and paint my shrouds
shrouds painted to match my OEM color two-tone effect
Next I baked my headlights at 250 degrees for 7min. and separated them
Next:I cleaned my headlght housings with Bullygog abrasive cleaner.
Then I masked them,primed and painted them OEM color
After they had 24hrs. drying time I reassembled the chrome reflectors
Then I started to dremel out one of the headlights.It was alot more time consuming than I had anticipated. You have to be very careful with this process. The key is to dremel a little at a time. I dremeled out 2 holes--one for mounting the projectors and one for running wires.
That's it for now I will be updating this thread as I continue this project!