The Nissan Club banner

DRL altima 08

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  gameguru1360 
#1 ·
This is mi new project I want to add led strips to my headlights..
Wire them to parking lights..
But im not sure if should I use blue leds or white?:confused2

#5 ·
yeah white I think is only legal. Blue would be nice!

I have my LED drls wired to my parking light wire because I wanted full control plus even though LEDs are supposed to last a long time, they still only last about 50-100k hours, so I didn't want to have to replace them sooner. I removed the bulbs from my parking lights to see if they'd still work and they do and covered them up with Plastidip

#8 · (Edited)
...even though LEDs are supposed to last a long time, they still only last about 50-100k hours, so I didn't want to have to replace them sooner...
50,000 hours is equivalent to 5.71 years! How many hours per day do you run your lights? If you run them say 3 hours per day each and every day that equates to 45.66 years of use.

I don't think you will have to worry about LED burnout as the car will most likely be long gone before the bulbs.

They look good BTW.

#9 ·
mine aren't on all the time like true DRLs. I only turn on my DRLs if it's overcast or when it's night time since the parking light option comes on before the headlights.

I like those LED strips in the head light assembly. The problem is that you have to take off the bumper every time you have to fix something or if a bulb burns out. If they were easily accessed from the hood area, then I'd probably put them in.

nice plastidip eyelids!!

Now you must put plastidip on those chrome bevels on the grill!!

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.