The Nissan Club banner

Nissan Clubs In Illinois???

23K views 201 replies 15 participants last post by  GOATCRUISER 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm the proud new owner of a 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Special Edition.:)

It's a really nice looking & running car that is darn near in showroom condition with 50,000 original on it.

It already gets lots of second glances when I'm out driving, but I also plan on putting some extra after market cosmetic & performance parts on it in the very near future, without ghettoing it out at the same time.

I was just wondering if anyone here knows of any Nissan clubs that get together here in Illinois (weather permitting), where everyone just comes to meet & greet and show off their Nissan's.

Getting together to share some stories, take some pictures, bean bags, BBQ and beers, etc, would be what I'm looking for.

If anyone here can either point me in the right direction or is interested in starting an annual event here in Illinois just for the heck of it, let me know.

#4 · (Edited)
@SilverAltima2. I'm glad to see that this sparked someone else's interest.

This thread got a ton of views but no responses, so I'm guessing there are many others out there wondering the same thing. And Iv'e actually saw where other people have mentioned something about this in other threads too.

If I don't hear of anything existing soon, I'm planning on starting some kind of annual "Come show off your Nissan/meet & greet just for the heck of it" thing, where it's open to all Nissan makes & models.

(I'm thinking a weekend in late May or early June would work nicely.)

Stay in touch and lets collaborate on something and make this happen.

And if anyone else here in Illinois is willing to jump in and help and share some suggestions & ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.

#6 ·
So I just wanted to update anyone who may be curious about this thread.

I'm taking the initiative to start a 1st annual Nissan Jamboree here in Illinois, and I'm going to be looking into some sponsorship's this weekend.

I'm starting by going to the dealership where I bought my car.

Not looking for financial backing per say, but more so advertisement and maybe some prizes for things like the most unique Nissan, etc.

I'm still thinking either late May or early June, and I'm also thinking that this will take place in a forest preserve somewhere in the Tinley Park, Orland Park, Palos area.

I will be contacting the forest preserve district this weekend about any necessary permits, and looking into further sponsorship's.

(Hint-Hint) Hey Nissan Club administrator, are you watching this thread????

Stay tuned for more details, and please feel free to PM me or drop a post here if you want to help or have any suggestions or ideas.

#8 ·
Im not from Chicago but ill be there if it is happening

#9 ·
@Tigerlui. That's good to know. I really started to rethink this whole thing after only one other person responded.

One way or another, this whole thing will be made possible.

#11 ·
@SiverAltima.

Nothing wrong with stock, especially if that's their thing.

The only aftermarket things Iv'e done so far are all chrome, chrome and more chrome.:)

My car already came with chromed headlights & taillights, and so far Iv'e added chrome exhaust/tail pipe extensions, and chrome license plate holders, which already match all of the stock chrome Nissan badges existing on the car.

I'm not done though.

Someone may need sunglasses to look directly at my car, or they might go blind.

PS: Our cars do look allot alike, but I think mine has more chrome.:)

I have faith that you will catch up with me though.

#15 ·
i got a pewter one 0.0

#16 ·
Another Silver checking in.

There really isn't any Nissanclubs per se' in Illinois. Check out chicagonissanclub.net they are a friendly group of people over there from my experience but meets are pretty rare... Also, check out jdmchicago.com for a mostly japanese car type of forum... Meets and bbq's happen almost every weekend. Here's my Altima

#18 ·
Hey you, trying to kick me out of the group? lol

#19 ·
Hey guys hate to bump an old thread but this is something ive wanted to do for the longest time and im in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. If anyone is still planning on doing this we should honestly get together sometime.

#20 ·
Yeah, I still plan on getting something rolling soon, and if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to get a hold of me.

Iv'e been dealing with a back injury caused at work, and have been getting my ass kicked daily at physical therapy while dealing with all of the political B-S and paperwork that goes along with it, but I'm still seriously interested in doing something about this soon.

I'm currently supposed to be going through work rehabilitation therapy to get me ready to go back at full strength, but now the claim company is reviewing everything and I'm on hold as far as therapy goes.

This is so stupid because I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow at which point he was planning on sending me back to work at a restricted work level, but without the work rehabilitation therapy, I don't even feel like I'm close to being ready.

This whole thing sucks and I just want to get healthy again.

And I really wish I could just focus on that, instead of having to stress out about all of this other political B-S that goes along with it.

But please feel free to hit me up with ideas & suggestions in the mean time.

#21 ·
I'm sorry to hear that man I hope things go better for you. Earlier in the tread you mentioned a meet sometime within the next 2 months I was wondering if you had any progress with the forest preserve or sponsorships?

#22 ·
Nothing yet, but obviously now I have some down time to get working on it.:)

#23 ·
Sweet let me know what you can come up with and if there's anything I can do.

#24 ·
This is a meet im going to this weekend. You guys should come...introduce yourselves!

When: Sunday April 22
Where: AL'S BEEF & NANCY'S PIZZA
1036 Higgins Road
Park Ridge, IL 60068 (Near O'Hare, right off of the 90)

Time: 12pm-4pm
Parking: Across the street (or AL's lot)

PERKS: AL's will be taking orders (outside booth) for you and delivering food outside so you can EAT and chill outside!

#25 ·
What kind of meet is it!?

#26 ·
I'm curious too. I want to go but I got a buddy with a mrk.3 supra 1jz swap that he likes to show off and I'm sure he would come with me. And monstarr you should try to make it.

#29 ·
I just mapquested Park Ridge, and it's about an hour & 1/2 from my house.

I'll still definitely try to make it though.

I'm going to a brew festival in Tinley Park today though, and then probably making some local bars in Tinley my stomping grounds for the night, and then staying in a hotel out that way so there won't be any drinking & driving involved.

Tinley_Park_Brew_ and_Vine_ Festival

So if we don't end up having too much of a good time tonight, I'll be there.

#28 ·
Sweet deal I'll try and make it.

#31 ·
I might be able to go, but might not. I cant tell yet.

#34 ·
When?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.