Nissan Clubs In Illinois??? - Page 3 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 04-21-2012, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I might be able to go, but might not. I cant tell yet.

Engine & Tuning: Weapon R Intake|OBX TB Spacer|OBX 4-2-1 header|DC EX5012 aka fart can

Brakes & Suspension: Racingline FSTB|SE-R RSB|Brakemotive D/S Rotors+Ceramic Pads|Tein-S Springs|KYB struts

Interior: LED Interior,license plate, trunk and footwell| Carbon Fiber vinyl wrapped panels| DIY Voltmeter|35% tint|

Exterior:V-leds 6000k HIDs| Halo projector fogs with 6000K HIDs| Duplicolor Caliper Paint(Red)|light Smoked Taillights|

To Do: KYB struts| 35% tint|

Audio: Dual XDMAR6720| Kenwood P709|Kenwood P6994

Summer mode: 18" 350z V2 rims

Winter mode: 16" stock steels with General Altimax Arctic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 04-22-2012, 12:47 AM

Try to make it out guys. Should be a good time!

\\Altima SE-R Sheer Silver 6MT//
#33 Old 04-28-2012, 05:23 PM

Auto Mass at Toyota Park in bridgeview. Car show + drift event. 9-5 $10 spectators

#34 Old 04-29-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_ax View Post
Auto Mass at Toyota Park in bridgeview. Car show + drift event. 9-5 $10 spectators
When?

Engine & Tuning: Weapon R Intake|OBX TB Spacer|OBX 4-2-1 header|DC EX5012 aka fart can

Brakes & Suspension: Racingline FSTB|SE-R RSB|Brakemotive D/S Rotors+Ceramic Pads|Tein-S Springs|KYB struts

Interior: LED Interior,license plate, trunk and footwell| Carbon Fiber vinyl wrapped panels| DIY Voltmeter|35% tint|

Exterior:V-leds 6000k HIDs| Halo projector fogs with 6000K HIDs| Duplicolor Caliper Paint(Red)|light Smoked Taillights|

#35 Old 04-29-2012, 11:05 AM

Today 4/29

#36 Old 05-10-2012, 12:39 PM

(Thread Starter)
So I just wanted to update everyone on the first annual Nissan Jamboree here in Illinois that I'm still planning on organizing here with some help within the next month or so.

Within the last week, Iv'e sent emails off to Nissan Corp themselves, the Nissan dealer where I purchased my car, Red Bull, Meguire's and Amsoil asking about sponsorship help and any and all advise and help I can get with this, and now I'm just waiting on replies.

Within the next couple of days I will be reaching out to other organizations as well with this, but for now I'm just waiting to hear back from Nissan and the others first.

I'm also now thinking that the location that I'd like this to take place at is Turtle Head Woods.

It's roughly located at the corners of 135th & Harlem Ave in the Orland Park/Palos area, and has a huge parking lot with a beautiful lake within walking distance from the lot.

I'm not sure yet what it would cost permit wise to have that whole area at our disposal for the day, but I will be looking into that as well shortly.

And this may have to be pushed back to July, so sponsors and financial backings have time to be aligned.

It will still be on a weekend though, (Saturday or a Sunday) so anyone who wishes to attend will be able to.

I'm also thinking that this may be a B-Y-O-B thing for those interested, but then again, maybe I'll contact Budweiser next. :-)

The wheels are rolling on this and it will happen!!!

And as always, if any of you can offer any help, tips, info and advise, it would be greatly appreciated.

Don't be afraid to send me a private message if you have any ideas.

I'm hoping to make this a big, successful, professional, well organized and exciting annual event.

More details coming soon.

Last edited by monstarr; 05-10-2012 at 04:56 PM.
#37 Old 05-10-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstarr View Post
So I just wanted to update everyone on the first annual Nissan Jamboree here in Illinois that I'm still planning on organizing here with some help within the next month or so.

Within the last week, Iv'e sent emails off to Nissan Corp themselves, the Nissan dealer where I purchased my car, Red Bull, Meguire's and Amsoil asking about sponsorship help and any and all advise and help I can get with this, and now I'm just waiting on replies.

Within the next couple of days I will be reaching out to other organizations as well with this, but for now I'm just waiting to hear back from Nissan and the others first.

I'm also now thinking that the location that I'd like this to take place at is Turtle Head Woods.

It's roughly located at the corners of 135th & Harlem Ave in the Orland Park/Palos area, and has a huge parking lot with a beautiful lake within walking distance from the lot.

I'm not sure yet what it would cost permit wise to have that whole area at our disposal for the day, but I will be looking into that as well shortly.

And this may have to be pushed back to July, so sponsors and financial backings have time to be aligned.

It will still be on a weekend though, (Saturday or a Sunday) so anyone who wishes to attend will be able to.

I'm also thinking that this may be a B-Y-O-B thing for those interested, but then again, maybe I'll contact Budweiser next. :-)

The wheels are rolling on this and it will happen!!!

And as always, if any of you can offer any help, tips, info and advise, it would be greatly appreciated.

Don't be afraid to send me a private message if you have any ideas.

I'm hoping to make this a big, successful, professional, well organized and exciting annual event.

More details coming soon.
If this is really happening. I suggest we should contact different nissan forums and see are they interested or not. There must be more than one nissan forum around midwest area.

#38 Old 05-24-2012, 06:11 PM

Monstarr, you are doing awesome in trying to get an event going. I come from Holdens (GTOs and G8s), and I am a Co-Chair of the Chicago Holden Connection. Setting up events isn't always as easy as people think, but I would suggest trying weekly meets to build numbers. When I was in Orlando for two years, I was President of the Orlando GTO-Town Crew. When I went down there, there were only 4-5 guys that met rarely. I just began throwing up meets every weekend, and it reached to the the point where we had 30-40 cars coming out every week. It doesn't have to be too complicated. Just a meeting time at a restaurant, grab some grub, maybe a cruise, and just hang out. You will be amazed at how many more people begin showing up. Now, I know these cars are not owned by a niche market like GTOs and G8s, but I am sure you will see numbers rise. I never purchased my SL thinking I would be going to a Nissan meet, but I wouldn't mind hitting one up.

#39 Old 05-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Wanna Be Track Demon

This is GREAT NEWS! I cant wait for this to happen. Ive been away from the forums recently but to come back to this i am really excited and hope this can all work out. Now monstarr if you want i can go to the dealer that i bought my car at and see if they are willing to help out at all. Just PM me your email and when i go over there i can give it to them.

07 Altima 3.5 SE 6MT
---------------------------------------
Current Mods:
Racingline Short Throw Shifter
iJDMToy Red Interior Lights
GT-R Starter Button
Plasti-Diped Stock 17" Rims
Plasti-Dip Grille and Rear Emblems/Chrome
CXJ BOP
TEIN Lowering Springs
Eyelids
Soon To Be:
Intake
Finishing My Exhaust
Tints
LED Tail Lights
Not So Near Future:
TEIN Coilovers
Big Brake Kit
#40 Old 05-25-2012, 07:03 AM

i agree with goatcruiser. We can always meet up one or twice a month.

#41 Old 05-25-2012, 10:32 AM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATCRUISER View Post
Monstarr, you are doing awesome in trying to get an event going. I come from Holdens (GTOs and G8s), and I am a Co-Chair of the Chicago Holden Connection. Setting up events isn't always as easy as people think, but I would suggest trying weekly meets to build numbers. When I was in Orlando for two years, I was President of the Orlando GTO-Town Crew. When I went down there, there were only 4-5 guys that met rarely. I just began throwing up meets every weekend, and it reached to the the point where we had 30-40 cars coming out every week. It doesn't have to be too complicated. Just a meeting time at a restaurant, grab some grub, maybe a cruise, and just hang out. You will be amazed at how many more people begin showing up. Now, I know these cars are not owned by a niche market like GTOs and G8s, but I am sure you will see numbers rise. I never purchased my SL thinking I would be going to a Nissan meet, but I wouldn't mind hitting one up.

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement, and I really like the pictures you posted too.

I had some sponsorship people get back to me quickly and others, believe it or not, never returned an email.

But it was mostly the same generic corporate response that I kept receiving.

No 3rd party involvement. blah blah blah blah blah........ Best of luck. Sincerely blah blah blah.

Maybe I should have started on a smaller more local basis as far as sponsorship goes, like a local Knights Of Columbus chapter, etc.

With or without sponsorship though, I still want this to happen and plan on making it happen.

I guess I was dreaming a bit bigger than I should have been.

Who knows though? Start something this year, and then watch it grow into a monster over time.

I'm just going to throw a date out here now, and I want some input from you all on getting this thing rolling.

The meeting place can still be wherever, but for now, I'm looking at Saturday July 28th.

That gives us roughly two months time to get everything figured out.

Let me know what you all think.

PS: @Matts_L32. A private message is on the way.

Thanks for the help.
#42 Old 05-25-2012, 11:05 AM

(Thread Starter)
Even though I don't live by Downers Grove, (about an hour away) this is something I stumbled upon last year, and I figured I'd throw it out here for anyone interested.

The whole part of downtown Downers Grove turns into a giant cruise night/car show, and there's live music outside of clubs and plenty of cars & bikes to look at.

there is no fee, Just show up and have a good time.

Downtown Downers Grove Summer Nights Classic Car Show
#43 Old 05-25-2012, 02:10 PM

July 28th is my Summer Jam BBQruise for the Chicago Holden Connection which means that day won't work for me. Don't let that alter your decision, though. One tip in planning meets is that you will never please everyone. Do not ask what date works for everyone because there will never be a single day that is best for all. Just set a date, post it up, and those who can will attend.

There are cruise nights that happen every day, and car shows every weekend. For instance, tonight is the Palatine Cruise Nights which I'll probably hit up. The only thing you want to keep in mind with cruise nights/car shows is that they usually cater to classic and current muscle cars. I have seen them turn away cars (usually imports) that they do not feel belong in the show. However, there are some cruise spots/car shows that cater to imports only. Some do both.

I would not spend too much time seeking out sponsors because they usually will give you the responses you've received. I would look more at local performance/body shops, detail shops, or anyone who can generate revenue by sponsoring your event. It is all about a return on investment. Monstarr, check out our local forum. You can see how we are set up, who our sponsors are, and how active we are.

ChicagoHoldenConnection.com

You do not need sponsors to hold meets, but they do come in handy for bigger things. Again, I would just start doing weekly meets to build up numbers. Also, take many pictures and videos as that will attract more people to join. The pictures I posted were from my Gene's & Jude's meet last summer, and I think I took 600+ pictures that day. We met to eat at Gene's & Jude's (took up more than half of their lot), cruised to the forest preserve, hung out, cruised around the city, parked on top of a parking garage, took more pictures, went to a movie, cruised to Sonic, and left after a late night dinner. It was an awesome meet that day. Obviously, as the day went on, we had less people by the end of the meet versus the beginning, but we still maintained 7-10 cars at the end. Total for that day was 24 cars with only a weeks notice.

Last edited by GOATCRUISER; 05-25-2012 at 02:18 PM.
#44 Old 06-14-2012, 09:08 PM

I havent been on this forum in a while.cause.im on altimafor....net but im..totaly down if this happens.

2006 Nissan Altima Silver Special Edition
#45 Old 07-10-2012, 01:32 AM
Wanna Be Track Demon

So monstarr any news?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Local Chapters & Nissan Auto Clubs > Upper Midwest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode