The Nissan Club banner

Nissan Clubs In Illinois???

23K views 201 replies 15 participants last post by  GOATCRUISER 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm the proud new owner of a 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Special Edition.:)

It's a really nice looking & running car that is darn near in showroom condition with 50,000 original on it.

It already gets lots of second glances when I'm out driving, but I also plan on putting some extra after market cosmetic & performance parts on it in the very near future, without ghettoing it out at the same time.

I was just wondering if anyone here knows of any Nissan clubs that get together here in Illinois (weather permitting), where everyone just comes to meet & greet and show off their Nissan's.

Getting together to share some stories, take some pictures, bean bags, BBQ and beers, etc, would be what I'm looking for.

If anyone here can either point me in the right direction or is interested in starting an annual event here in Illinois just for the heck of it, let me know.

#121 ·
Yeah anyone that can make it should come out. Even if you dont want to got to FNL come to the little meet up ! If you only have about 5 mins stop by anyway!

#123 ·
Glad to hear your coming. I'm hoping this meet will be the start of something awesome for Nissans in Illinois.

#125 ·
Awesome I'm so excited things are coming together as planned.:woot:

#129 · (Edited)
Ok me and SilverAltima2 are gunna be here a bit early. Where we are meeting there will be a sign that says Shelter. It's right by the bridge that crosses over 355 on st. Charles rd.

Here

#131 ·
Nope were still here

#134 · (Edited)
Sorry I wasn't able to make it, but I got caught up in some last minute unplanned bullshit.

Ended up having tons of fun with a mechanic neighbor/friend of mine dropping the gas tank and replacing the fuel pump and filter on my wife's 03 Pontiac Grand Am Gt.

It was supposed to be taken care of earlier this week but never happened.

Then while I had it there, I noticed the brake pads on it were more than a bit wore down, and decided to replace those too before it ended up turning into a complete brake job.

Iv'e been really busy with that all day, or I would have posted something earlier.

Hope you all had a blast and post some pics soon, and I'll be there for the next meet for sure.

#137 · (Edited)
@SilverAltima2

I feel really bad that I couldn't make it yesterday, but as you can see from my previous post, I had other things going on.

And even though I helped on that whole job yesterday, I never want to be part of dropping a gas tank and replacing a fuel pump & filter ever again.

WHAT A FREAK'N PAIN IN THE ASS!!!

I'm a little mechanically inclined but never got into a hornets nest like that before, and now I completely understand why some mechanics charge as much as they do.

And running to and from the auto parts store 500 times wasn't lots of fun either.

But it was something that had to be taken care of immediately though.

Whatever comes together next, I'll be there come hell or high water.

#142 ·
Ok well let's throw some days out there to meet and see what we agree on.

#144 ·
Might I make a suggestion? Since a few of you are capable of showing up to Alrington Toyota, How about we meet at Portillo's on Rand Rd. It's about 5-10 mins away from that dealership. Just agree on a Date and Time. I saw this, since the parking lot on the Khols side is big enough to have a mini meet.

And since we are in northern illinois, why aren't we meeting at an Effing Portillos????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.