BUYER BEWARE: Stay away from courtesyparts! NOT so courteous. (+ cheaper source) - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By BeeCee
  • 1 Post By BeeCee
  • 1 Post By Sideways the Seven

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-07-2016, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Retired 2nd Gen'er.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
BUYER BEWARE: Stay away from courtesyparts! NOT so courteous. (+ cheaper source)

What's up NissanClub?

I'm Brody, been around for a while!

Just wanted to share why you should never shop with courtesyparts.com & share an alternate OEM parts source suggestion that is CHEAPER!

I know many have been using courtesyparts for years for their OEM parts needs, including myself.

For those of you that know me and/or are familiar with my build, you probably have an idea that I went pretty hard on my 2nd gen. Altima, and over the years of owning the car and building it, I needed my fair share of OE parts.

Well, courtesyparts seemed to be the go-to for OEM parts for everybody, so I decided to use them as well. Over the years I made quite a few purchases, for multiple different cars I've worked on even, and I know I have spent well over $1000 with them over the years. I think it's fair to say I'm a repeat customer.

My girlfriend has a 2014 Altima, and I do the oil changes/maintenance on it. I needed some drain plug washers, so I went to place an order for them on courtesyparts. Total was $2.04 for 6 of them, went to shipping and it was $10.95 just for shipping. I thought that was a little steep, especially for a few washers that could be shoved in a envelope with a stamp or two.

So, I decided to reach out to courtesyparts and see if they could show a repeat customer some courtesy and give me a break on shipping, & ship them off in an envelope or something to save me the $10+ on shipping. Expressed I was a repeat customer, and would greatly appreciate the gesture & continue to be one.

I initially sent them the e-mail via the "Contact Us" option on their website, and didn't receive an answer. After not getting a answer for a few days I directly e-mailed them with the support e-mail address provided on their website.

Finally got an answer, and the response was "Since all parts we ship get packed in a cardboard box, $10.95 is the cost." He also said if I had a local dealer, just go there. Well if I wanted to go there, I would have went there, and wouldn't be ordering from your site.

So since they can't live up to their courteous name, I vouched to never give them another dollar, and I sure hope all you do the same!

That said, I put in some research for a comparable OEM part source that I could trust! Well guys, I found it...and it's CHEAPER than courtesyparts!

Coulter Parts Center:

Nissan Parts and Accessories | CoulterPartsCenter.com

I actually just received an order from them, I surely can vouch they are legit! Same turn around time as courtesy, and everything came nicely packed in OEM Nissan packaging.

Just some proof of pricing differences:

Coulter:

Courtesy:

Coulter:

Courtesy:

Same OEM parts we need for a better price.

So overall guys...I would advise not buying from a business that doesn't appreciate your business, & SAVE YOURSELF SOME MONEY and buy your OEM parts from Coulter!

Sideways the Seven and Gina M like this.

The Alt.
1999 Nissan Altima GXE, RIP

2015 4-Door Si

'Members Ride' Thread

Parts FOR SALE! (UPDATED: 9/19/15)
The Following User Says Thank You to BeeCee For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Altimer

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Nice find on the competitor, but... how much did they charge you for shipping?

Altima traded for Odyssey
Current - 08 HIGHLANDER
post #3 of 6 Old 05-07-2016, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Retired 2nd Gen'er.

(Thread Starter)
I didn't just purchase the washers alone from Coulter on my order.

I'm currently working on my friends 2004 Nissan Titan, and we need our fair share of OEM clips, bolts & few other things for it. It was about $15 shipped for everything I ordered.

The Alt.

2015 4-Door Si

'Members Ride' Thread

post #4 of 6 Old 05-07-2016, 06:01 PM
Altimer

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
I understand your frustration, but all I really see in your post is a possibly cheaper supplier who most likely won't ship parts in an envelope either.

Altima traded for Odyssey
Current - 08 HIGHLANDER
post #5 of 6 Old 05-07-2016, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Retired 2nd Gen'er.

(Thread Starter)
Very well might be a possibility.

Although, being a repeat customer who's spent a lot with them, I think this is something that could have easily been done to ensure continued customer service...especially when their name is courtesy.

I don't know about you, but personally I don't want to continue giving my business too a company that couldn't do a repeat customer a favor, and I don't mind saving a couple dollars while doing it. I think customer service is slowly falling apart in our country and it's because we allow it. We are the ones who get stepped on at the end of the day.
Sideways the Seven likes this.

The Alt.

2015 4-Door Si

'Members Ride' Thread

post #6 of 6 Old 05-09-2016, 03:54 PM
It's all Gravy, baby!

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
^ Gotta agree with you there. My thing is, if I call and ask for you to toss them in an envelope, you should be able to do that. You can document whatever you need to on your end just in case there's some sort of issue with the shipment. I'd gladly accept responsibility.
BeeCee likes this.

-Brandon
2002 Altima 3.5SE 5MT
2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT3
1981 Chevrolet Silverado RCLB (heh, try me)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Marketplace > Vendor Reviews and Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode