The Nissan Club banner

Looking for a new transmission

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  TASCAPARTS 
#1 ·
My car is at 170k miles and its an altima coupe 09 2.5s. Where can I find a new transmission besides the dealer. They quoted me 4k for parts and labor and I'm sure their is a cheaper route. Any ideas?

#3 ·
Here's a quick search of some wrecker pricing:
2009 Nissan Altima Used Transmission (Automatic Transmission (CVT) 2.5L (4 cyl) Without hybrid Fed from 7/09) - Auto Parts Fair®
$900-1300, some warranty. Mileage is given.
Don't know what the book says for trans out/in but I'm sure it is in the 10 hour range (at 80-90 an hour there's 900 bucks plus supplies plus this plus that).

Reman - check you local reman trans shops. They will sell bare or installed usually.
I would guess 3/4 the price of new (installed)

New - Dealer only

#4 ·
Thanks guys. My transmission had a leak from the return line of the radiator. My car was hesitating and when i had it on D or R it wouldn't move unless i pressed on the gas. Right now i have it parked. I'm pretty sure it just needs oil, but hoping that is all.

#6 ·
Reman only - wow. I'm surprised unless that is an odd trans model for that year and spec.

Sorry for the thread drift, but:
Chris does Nissan still sell a new RE0F09B (JATCO JF010E) for an '08 VQ3.5?
They put them in what has to be tens of thousands of cars Altima, Maxima, Murano over at least 2 model years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.