2002 Maxima Ghost P0300 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-02-2019, 04:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2002 Maxima Ghost P0300

I have a 2002 that I bought for cheap because the O2 sensors were bad. I drove it for a year the way that it was and it was getting around 28 MPG. Finally got some money saved up for new sensors, and changed them out along with the valve cover gaskets since they were seeping a bit.
I get in, start it up.... And now it runs like crap. Got the P0300 and have been chasing it for the last few months. I have put $700 worth of parts into it and still getting the P0300 code.
Started with the simple stuff. PCV valve, intake manifold gasket, and air filter. Sprayed ether around all the hoses and gaskets and it never stuttered. Moved on to a new throttle body, MAF sensor, and a new intake tube. Still rough.... (That tube was definitely bad, though, the only part so far that I know has really made a difference.)
Finally just recently did new plugs and coil packs and regrounded the MAF. It runs smoother now, but when I hook up my scanner, still getting a P0300. I look at the live data and the rear bank is for sure running richer than the front bank. The fuel trimming on bank is normally up around +7 or so while bank 2 is between -10 & -20. Every once in a while, the fuel trims front and back will even up, but not very often. It's been bad enough I burned out my rear cat. Got that replaced a couple days ago and all my problems are still present. Much less bad than they were at first, but still there. It does idle slightly worse in gear than it does in park/neutral, and also between 1500-2000 RPM.
I have heard the front engine mount could be a problem, what else am I missing?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-02-2019, 12:50 PM
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1153 Post(s)
Leaky injector in bank2?

Nissan OEM HID, Morimoto bulbs/harness, RacingLine Y-pipe, Strut Brace, Stillen Swaybar, ETI LED Fogs,
BBK: PowerStop Powder Coated Calipers: M45 Front/Stock Rears w/StopTech slotted sport rotors
BOSE Headunit w/USB & BT (2012 update), Dunlop Signature HP (summer) / Blizzak WS80 (winter)

Altima FSMs 94-09 Useful posts: Bose Upgrade / Alternator / Bad Ground / Rear Brakes / TPMS Reset /
/ Spurious ABS / Audio Power / ABS Diag / Steering Lock / Lower VQ rad hose / VQ Belt Squeak /
/ Brake Job / RA 5% Discount
post #3 of 4 Old 03-02-2019, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
How do I go about testing for a leaky injector?

post #4 of 4 Old 05-16-2019, 02:27 PM

Have you cleaned the mass air flow senser. Mass air flow cleaner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN MAXIMA FORUMS > 2000-2003 Nissan Maxima Gen. 5 Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode