The Nissan Club banner

Mass air flow sensor connector

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  amc49 
#1 ·
do we have a video on how to connect mass air flow sensor connector. need to replace the connecetor.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I haven't seen one, or needed one.

1. insert cleanly trimmed wires through back of plastic shell
2. insert sealing plugs over each wire, skinny end first
3. strip end of wires and crimp* connectors inserts (metal bits on stripped end of wire)
4. verify the crimp is holding solid and the wire won't pull out
5. guide sealing plugs into the plastic shell, and then pull wire through from the back until the connector inserts are locked in place

*you might want to get the correct tool for this

You should study the old connector to make sure you get the orientation of the metal connector inserts oriented correctly in the shell. Often there are locking tabs to hold the insert in place (which don't work if you are 90' or 180' out of whack).

#4 · (Edited)
#5 ·
thanks a lot. i called nissan dealer and they don't have this connectors..
I know this is late but crimping them in not the proper way to rewire the MAF sensor bracket. I know this because I learned the hard way. Crimping is good for electronics that don't need precise voltages, the MAF sensor needs precise and accurate voltage being sent to the other sensors. There fore soldering and heat shrinking is the way to go.

#6 ·
Yes, and absolutely correct. Crimp will work for a little while but once moisture gets into the typical crap quality crimp then the fun begins.

All low volt electronic engine control pieces should be soldered for best and longest lasting results.

Yes, the OEM is typically crimped but on machines that put hundreds of pounds on the crimp, you won't get that doing the work by hand generally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.