LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-16-2019, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
05 Altima no injector pulse

I have a 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 that will not start .

History
For about a week the engine was running ruff tossing out a p0420 , i mail ordered an 02 sensor but the shit hit the fan .
After work I started the car , turned on the Ac and it just shut off and wouldn't come back on . I had the car towed home and started a diagnostic . Key on position 1 i can hear the fuel pump prime so i undo the quick connect under the hood to check if it's pumping fuel and it is. I plug in the obd2 scan tool and crank the engine to see if it reads rpms and it does . Next i checked for spark using a spark tester then spray carb cleaner in the Tb and it starts up long enough to burn off the cleaner. At this point i know it's fuel delivery so i test the fuel injectors then plug in a multi-meter set to dc voltage . I get 10 volts to each injector in key position 1 , the voltage drops to 8 or 9 volts on crank. For shits and giggles i changed the crank sensor anyway and it still wont start . I have no security light and no codes set or pending .

Anyone got any idea's what's going on ?

Always Serious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-16-2019, 04:32 PM
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1154 Post(s)
How are you determining no injector pulse? I don't disagree with the diagnosis, just curious as it doesn't flow from your voltmeter test.

Could still be your Cam sensor. On these cars I believe the cam and crank sensors are the same part, so you could swap you new part in for the cam sensor and put the old crank sensor back in.

Nissan OEM HID, Morimoto bulbs/harness, RacingLine Y-pipe, Strut Brace, Stillen Swaybar, ETI LED Fogs,
BBK: PowerStop Powder Coated Calipers: M45 Front/Stock Rears w/StopTech slotted sport rotors
BOSE Headunit w/USB & BT (2012 update), Dunlop Signature HP (summer) / Blizzak WS80 (winter)

Altima FSMs 94-09 Useful posts: Bose Upgrade / Alternator / Bad Ground / Rear Brakes / TPMS Reset /
/ Spurious ABS / Audio Power / ABS Diag / Steering Lock / Lower VQ rad hose / VQ Belt Squeak /
/ Brake Job / RA 5% Discount
post #3 of 4 Old 05-16-2019, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
You can't see the waveform of the injector pulse with the meter but you can see the voltage fluctuate between 0 and 12 volts . When i probe the injector plug while cranking the voltage actually drops and stays dropped while cranking . That combined with the fact i can spray in fuel and it runs until it burns shows me they are not firing . I have replaced both the cam and crank sensors yet the problem still persist .

Always Serious

post #4 of 4 Old 05-17-2019, 12:15 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Until you do a numbers fuel pressure check it can be pump. Just because you got a discharge from the fuel line means nothing. MPFI has to have exact pressure to drive enough fuel to start and run, even 10 psi short can make it not start but you get fuel all day long out of the line at what you think is correct pressure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Forums > 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode