• 1 Post By Ryan Sands

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-07-2015, 01:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Disable autoplay when plugging in iPhone via USB

Anyone know how to disable autoplay? it's a bit annoying ever time I plug in my iPhone thru USB, music starts playing.. I'm tempted to just charge it using the old fashioned cigarette lighter charger. Thanks

toxxic likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-07-2015, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
One would think this would be covered in the owner's manual. One would think......
toxxic likes this.

Wheels/Suspension: 5Zigen 19x8 Pro Racers-Falken F452 245/35/19 Tires-Eibach Sportline Springs
Visual: S5 Grille-20% Tint-M3 Window lip Spoiler-LED Cluster/Switches-TWM Weighted Shift Knob
Performance: C-man Headers-C-man 3" Y-Pipe-Magnaflow Exhaust-PNP'd Heads w/Ferra Valves-RevUp Oil Pump-Pulley-JWT C9 Cams-Haltech Platinum ECU-Fujita5 CAI-Weisco Pistons-ARP Head Studs
Audio: Kenwood DNX-9140-ZED Leviathan-Focal Speakers-Sound Deadened-XBox-270Amp Alt
post #3 of 9 Old 07-07-2015, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I found this incredibly annoying. I don't ever use my iPhone's music app to play music. Instead I use Spotify. So the only music I had on my iPhone was some old Dane Cook comedy album and it played the first track every single time I plugged in my USB cord. Imagine how annoying it was to listen to that douche every time you started your car. I found an easy fix. If you delete all the music from your iPhone there is nothing there to play Problem solved.
toxxic likes this.

post #4 of 9 Old 07-07-2015, 12:54 PM
2013 Altima 3.5 SV no nav

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPAaltima View Post
Anyone know how to disable autoplay? it's a bit annoying ever time I plug in my iPhone thru USB, music starts playing.. I'm tempted to just charge it using the old fashioned cigarette lighter charger. Thanks
I used a cigarette lighter socket to USB adapter, one of the low profile ones. Everything I used to plug into that socket can run on USB now so there is no other use for it.
toxxic likes this.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-07-2015, 12:56 PM

I like to use the integrated USB plug since I enjoy running netflix/youtube while i drive and having it come through the bose speakers. I also have a usb cigarette lighter adapter to charge my wife's iphone. Having the bluetooth for phone conversations is great as well. A nice little combo.
toxxic likes this.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-11-2015, 07:35 PM
NISSANCLUB SUBSCRIBER

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Garage
Disable autoplay when plugging in iPhone via USB

I also find it really annoying. I mostly listen to radio and when theres a good song and i plug in my phone it autoplay's phone music it ruins the moof. My work around like above was i just used a cigarette lighter now.

2013 Nissan Altima 3.5SL with Tech Package
Addons: Front & Rear Parking Sensors (Speed Activated for Front Sensor), Teana Tail lights, Koito Headlights with HID's, Teana Switchback LED DRL, Teana Fog Cover, Spoiler, Red 5D Rear Logo

Read my Blog

Last edited by toxxic; 07-11-2015 at 10:07 PM.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-18-2015, 11:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Plug it in before you start the car
post #8 of 9 Old 07-19-2015, 11:59 AM

So I deleted all the music on my iPhone that was in the "music" app and that fixed the issue. Now that Apple has added the new streaming Music service it autoplays that instead...so I get random songs every time I start my car and plug in the usb to my iPhone. God Apple why can't I just delete that app from my phone all together!?
post #9 of 9 Old 07-19-2015, 12:09 PM

Ok so I just figured out a way to NOT have it autoplay in the car. If you have an iPhone you have to turn off automatic downloads for the new music app, turn off use cellular for the new music app and sign out your apple id of the new music app. Then once you plug in to your car via usb the music app has no way to play anything...so dead silence! Woohoo!!! **** you Apple! haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2013-2018 NISSAN ALTIMA Forum > 2013-2018 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List