Zaino My testimony... - Page 4 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 58 Old 01-27-2008, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was watching the stupid movie Norbit today and noticed the pimp dusting his car down with a feather duster. It hit me! Why not buy a duster for the car? I'll be getting one this spring. I'll try the California Duster. My car is black, so pollen and dust is more visible.

Nite Ryder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 58 Old 02-11-2008, 11:17 AM
SHIFT_bling

Hey Blaq, I just ordered that new Z-CS spray. Just wanted to know if you tried it before? I've used Zaino for the last about 5 years, and nothing else on my car...

Yeah, but I should be getting it in probably tomorrow, and wanted to know what to expect. Zaino says nothing but good things about it, and that it's one of the best things they came up with yet.

Aloha
Shawn

2005 Nissan Altima SE-R, Code Red
NISMO Cold Air Intake
8000K H11 Fog Light Conversion
6000K HID Headlight Upgrade
Blue LED Underbody Kit
HotShot Header Kit
STILLEN Dual Exhaust Kit
35% True Gray Tint
Red Top Optima Battery
post #48 of 58 Old 02-17-2008, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumboy View Post
Hey Blaq, I just ordered that new Z-CS spray. Just wanted to know if you tried it before? I've used Zaino for the last about 5 years, and nothing else on my car...

Yeah, but I should be getting it in probably tomorrow, and wanted to know what to expect. Zaino says nothing but good things about it, and that it's one of the best things they came up with yet.

Aloha
Shawn
No i haven't.. have to put that on my list of things to try this spring.. i'm sick of winter.. i took my car today to the brushless carwash.. i'm sick of that now. i want to give my car some TLC "

2.5S SUPERBLACK CVT 20%tint
BLACK PEARL

post #49 of 58 Old 02-17-2008, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumboy View Post

Aloha
Shawn
PS.. dude your car looks AWESOME DUDE

BLACK PEARL

post #50 of 58 Old 04-20-2008, 01:39 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well continuing my love of ZAINO... today it was very nice here so i gave my car the first TLC of the year.. complete wash and wax... i'll have pics tomorrow.. one thing i did notice that i don't like is that i need to seriously claybar the next nice day here.. the car didn't feel as clean as its been in the past.even after applying the wax.. i'm gonna go over it tomorrow with Zaino detailing spray but it really needs a claybaring. Glad the weather is breaking here now.. i can take my time and get my ride right again!!!

BLACK PEARL

post #51 of 58 Old 04-21-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaqmon07 View Post
Well continuing my love of ZAINO... today it was very nice here so i gave my car the first TLC of the year.. complete wash and wax... i'll have pics tomorrow.. one thing i did notice that i don't like is that i need to seriously claybar the next nice day here.. the car didn't feel as clean as its been in the past.even after applying the wax.. i'm gonna go over it tomorrow with Zaino detailing spray but it really needs a claybaring. Glad the weather is breaking here now.. i can take my time and get my ride right again!!!
Is the ZFX really necessary with the Z-2 PRO polish? If it means I have to wait longer for the polish to cure, I'm OK with that in order to save $20.

1. Dawn dish soap wash
2. Z-18 clay bar
3. Z-2 PRO polish

Done? My '07 is my daily driver and I'm not looking to put multiple coats of polish on the car. Anything I'm missing?
post #52 of 58 Old 04-21-2008, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I use Macguires car wash... i haven't used the clay bar.. but i will be shortly.. cause my car needs it.. and tthe z2 is perfect. does the job and is easy to use.. you have the right idea.. and your saving money.. good move..

BLACK PEARL

post #53 of 58 Old 04-28-2008, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macsully View Post
Is the ZFX really necessary with the Z-2 PRO polish? If it means I have to wait longer for the polish to cure, I'm OK with that in order to save $20.

1. Dawn dish soap wash
2. Z-18 clay bar
3. Z-2 PRO polish

Done? My '07 is my daily driver and I'm not looking to put multiple coats of polish on the car. Anything I'm missing?
uh... correct me if I'm wrong... but... you don't want to forget to wax after that polish, right? because then your car is kind of unprotected and more vulnerable... right? just a thought...
post #54 of 58 Old 04-28-2008, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
with z-2 you get wax and polish together.. they do a great job with that product..

BLACK PEARL

post #55 of 58 Old 05-11-2008, 01:30 AM

Quote:
with z-2 you get wax and polish together.. they do a great job with that product..
Okay, Good, I'm not a Zaino user so I didn't know... I just saw polish and no wax!
post #56 of 58 Old 05-12-2008, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
you should try it.. you don't need a lot of it it works very well with only a little and it will keep your car super shiny for days.

BLACK PEARL

post #57 of 58 Old 05-15-2008, 05:06 AM

Quote:
you should try it.. you don't need a lot of it it works very well with only a little and it will keep your car super shiny for days.
either that or Wolfgang-Souveran kit... maybe after my Meg's NXT Wax 1.0 and 2.0 are done

Last edited by RockenZ; 05-15-2008 at 05:09 AM.
post #58 of 58 Old 09-28-2014, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Ordered my first Zaino products today. This is an old thread, but there are new products. I went with Z-AIO all-in-one, plus Z-CS clear seal, for my new every-day Altima. I'll keep you posted. I have never really worked hard on car care before, so this is my first venture into anything other than cheap wax. Even so, Zaino is not THAT expensive. For an every-day car, you're not going to spend $100 a year, aside from DIY car wash costs.

UPDATE: Zaino was ordered Sunday night, received Thursday in upstate NY. On Friday I was able to wash (with Dawn dishwashing liquid as Zaino recommends), then polish/buff with Z-AIO, and finally Z-CS. I didn't finish until after dark in the garage, so I'll take a photo and post in the daylight. My main comment is that the end result depends on the preparation. You have to get the car really clean and wipe off any water spots or leftover bug splatters, etc. Including drying time when I could eat dinner, I spent about 5 hours, and that's just for an every-day car. The daylight will really tell, but so far the car looks great and has a silky feel.

UPDATE 10/4/14: I put the photo in my garage. I'm really happy with the results, but I had to work pretty hard to get there, and this is just for an every-day car, and I didn't try to get a show-car shine. For a little less money, I can get products at my local parts store that will probably do just as well.

UPDATE 12/20/14: Very pleased with the way water still is repelled after over 2 months.

2015 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL, purchased new 9/19/14, Pomoco Nissan, Hampton, VA - History: 2004 Chevy Malibu Maxx, 1996 Dodge Intrepid, Dodge Caravan, Eagle Premier, Dodge Omni, 1970 Dodge Dart, 1973 Ford Pinto

Last edited by GaryGo; 12-20-2014 at 11:42 PM. Reason: New info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Technical and Specific Interest Nissan Discussion > Auto Detailing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode