The Nissan Club banner

Lock malfunction

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  RaeFrost 
#1 ·
Heyy y'all, so I have a 2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 that I bought from the dealer 4 years ago. One day I tried to unlock my trunk with my key and I couldn't get the key to turn no matter what I tried. I was still able to unlock it with the lever on the dash or by my fob so I just ignored it. A little over a year ago, the exact same thing happened to my door lock. It worked one day and the next day-nothing. I can put the key in but I can never get it to turn. I still had the fob tho, so I never looked too deeply into how to fix it. Now I'm having electrical issues throughout my whole car (which I explained on a different thread) so now I can't use my key or my fob to unlock my car or pop my trunk and there's some stuff in my trunk that I kinda need to get out before this 100 degree weather melts everything in there and destroys hundreds of dollars worth of my tattoo equipment and other stuff... aside from tearing out my whole back seat (which I don't really wanna do again) does anyone know how I can get my key to turn my locks again??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.